The World News Media

Brazil. Counterfeiting our Publications! Not JW ??

Bible Speaks

• Views 1.6k
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After carefully examining BOTH photos .. both are in color, as the carpet behind the black and white leaflet is in color ... one does not appear to me to be a counterfeit of the other. If you wen

@Edvan Guerra Magalhaes Magalhaes Jeová Deus não tolerará aqueles que o tratam falsamente. Sem medo, eles não conhecem a Palavra de Verdade de Deus de qualquer maneira. Obrigado firme seu apoio!

Brazil. Counterfeiting our Publications! Not JW! ??

Posted Images

After carefully examining BOTH photos .. both are in color, as the carpet behind the black and white leaflet is in color ... one does not appear to me to be a counterfeit of the other.

If you went to the grocery store and got your change in Monopoly Money, you could not make the case that it was  a counterfeit of REAL national currency, either ... unless of course you thought Monopoly Money was REAL money, which would only mean you need to get out more.

There is a magazine in Germany called STERN, which in August 1991, had  a stunningly beautiful photo of a model named Petite Pascale, who had also posed for PLAYBOY MAGAZINE sometime before that, on the cover .

When the WTB&TS stole this picture from the cover of STERN magazine, and put it on page 93 of their book "You Can Live Forever On A Paradise Earth", that was not a counterfeit ... either.

It was plagerism.

It was theft.

It was incredibly clueless and STUPID ... but it was NOT "counterfeiting"

If you had a USA One Dollar Bill with a picture of ex-president's wife Barbara Bush ... instead of George Washington ...

THAT would be counterfeiting.

You can Live Forever on Paradise Earth p 93  August 1961 STERN  400 .jpg

3 hours ago, Bible Speaks said:

Brasil. Falsificação de nossas publicações! Não JW! ??

IMG_7224.JPG

IMG_7225.JPG

Lamentamos tal acontecimento,Nós Brasileiros somos tão fevorosos ao no Deus Jeová,Enfim nestes últimos dias temos de estar preparado para tudo que venha dos íniquios.

3 hours ago, Edvan Guerra Magalhaes Magalhaes said:

Lamentamos tal acontecimento,Nós Brasileiros somos tão fevorosos ao no Deus Jeová,Enfim nestes últimos dias temos de estar preparado para tudo que venha dos íniquios.

@Edvan Guerra Magalhaes Magalhaes

Jeová Deus não tolerará aqueles que o tratam falsamente. Sem medo, eles não conhecem a Palavra de Verdade de Deus de qualquer maneira. Obrigado firme seu apoio! Jeová abençoe!

??❤️??

" If you look up lds dot org and find their "friends" and their videos section you'll see that their site almost mirrors ours with ALS videos, childrens videos, "Matt and Mandy" etc. But a look at the "wayback" machine internet archive shows that they have had most of these features going back to 2009 and even before. That's several years before we had them. I've never had a Bible study with Mormons but I did have a string of return visits that continued for a couple years in 2005-2006. When I saw their own "children-oriented" publications I thought it would be nice if we would do something like that, too. A lot of them looked like Caleb and Sophia. We were still a bit Internet-averse in those days however.

On the issue of the Book of Mormon however, yes, Joseph Smith was a deceiver who copied huge portions of the KJV version with a little bit of ad-lib "scripture speak" from his own imagination. In fact, there are places where we know now that the KJV had mistranslated the Hebrew, and it makes no sense that the "angel" from heaven that spoke to Smith would have given him the same mistranslations that King James' translators made. There's another great story about when Smith's printer for the Book of Mormon lost a chapter of the handwritten manuscript dictated from the angel. Smith realized that he couldn't reproduce it himself, and knowing there was no REAL angel to repeat it, was afraid that if he tried to reproduce it, that the original would show up again. If the original was ever compared it would prove him a fraud, so "the angel decided" that the world no longer needed that chapter, but that it should be replaced it with a new one. How convenient!!"

3 hours ago, Bible Speaks said:

@James Thomas Rook Jr.

If the Brochures is copyrighted we will see. Some religion already copies Caleb and Sophia In their cartoons and videos.

We have the "Originals" Jehovah will bless! 

Uh...... statements of absoluteness work better when proved BEFORE posting ... with actual ... Uh .... FACTS.

Guest J.R. Ewing

It takes one to show a photoshop picture (Stern) and call it genuine! But I do enjoy the humor brought over from apostate sites. :D

The two brochures show a very different proposition, the only thing, the same is the photo. But that’s the nature of the beast When the Vatican encourages such outrages tactics to convince their converts to remain in the Catholic Church.

But in a world full of “pirated” schemes, the Brazilian government won't mind.

3 hours ago, J.R. Ewing said:

It takes one to show a photoshop picture (Stern) and call it genuine! But I do enjoy the humor brought over from apostate sites. :D

It's a shame you did no research to reach your erroneous conclusion ... JW Insider (JWI) was an Artist at Bethel and he confirms that it is true, and that it created a scandal at the time called "The Sternstorm".

WHY is it a shame?

It these days of Google, it's easy enough to prove, or disprove.

You remind me of a ship navigator who although the tools of his trade are made for a spherical Earth, insists that it is flat.

On 9/22/2017 at 5:34 AM, Bible Speaks said:

Brazil. Counterfeiting our Publications! Not JW! ??

IMG_7224.JPG

IMG_7225.JPG

It does not surprise me... I remember reading an email from a vendor sharing with us an amazing anecdote. But it turned out that it was one I heard at an JW assembly but this was narrated by evangelical church :o

Thanks @Bible Speaks for this post :)  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.