The World News Media

A publisher went to an Elder and said... I won't be attending the meeting anymore..

Guest Kurt

Bildresultat för glass of water photo

A publisher went to an Elder and said...  I won't be attending the meeting anymore.. 

He said, may I ask why??

She said, I see people on their cell phones during the meeting, some are gossiping, some just ain't living right, they are all just hypocrites...

The Elder paused for a monent, then he said, OK... But can I ask you to do something for me before you make your final decision?

She said, what's that?

He said, take a glass of water and walk around the block 2 times and don't let any water fall out the glass.

She said, yes I can do that! 

She came back and said it's done.

He asked her 3 questions:

1. Did you see anybody on their phone? 

2. Did you see anybody gossiping? 

3. Was anybody living wrong?

She said, I didn't see anything because I was so focused on this glass, so the water wouldn't fall.

He told her, when you come to the kingdom hall, you should be just that focused on Jehovah , so that YOU don't fall.

THAT'S WHY JESUS SAID "FOLLOW ME,"!!!

He did not say follow Christians. 

Don't let your relationship with God be determined by how others relate with God. Let it be determined by how you relate to God.

• Views 322
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes,  a very good story,  I read it before few days too ! A very good comparison to Jesus and Jehovah   Thank you @Kurt  

@Kurt As Jesus said: Jesus used a powerful illustration that shows the need for us to overlook the flaws we see in others. “Why . . . do you look at the straw in your brother’s eye,” he

Jehovah always will see the good and positive things by a human,. that we must learn too !  A reason, Jehovah give us 1000 years to learn such of many things !  THANK YOU JEHOVAH  

3 hours ago, Kurt said:

Bildresultat för glass of water photo

A publisher went to an Elder and said...  I won't be attending the meeting anymore.. 

He said, may I ask why??

She said, I see people on their cell phones during the meeting, some are gossiping, some just ain't living right, they are all just hypocrites...

The Elder paused for a monent, then he said, OK... But can I ask you to do something for me before you make your final decision?

She said, what's that?

He said, take a glass of water and walk around the block 2 times and don't let any water fall out the glass.

She said, yes I can do that! 

She came back and said it's done.

He asked her 3 questions:

1. Did you see anybody on their phone? 

2. Did you see anybody gossiping? 

3. Was anybody living wrong?

She said, I didn't see anything because I was so focused on this glass, so the water wouldn't fall.

He told her, when you come to the kingdom hall, you should be just that focused on Jehovah , so that YOU don't fall.

THAT'S WHY JESUS SAID "FOLLOW ME,"!!!

He did not say follow Christians. 

Don't let your relationship with God be determined by how others relate with God. Let it be determined by how you relate to God.

@Kurt

As Jesus said:

Jesus used a powerful illustration that shows the need for us to overlook the flaws we see in others. “Why . . . do you look at the straw in your brother’s eye,” he asked, “but do not consider the rafter in your own eye?” (Matthew 7:3) A straw could be a small piece of grass. A rafter, on the other hand, is a bulky length of timber used to hold up the roof of a house. His point? “First extract the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother’s eye.”—Matthew 7:5.

Jesus introduced this illustration with a sobering warning. “Stop judging,” he said, “that you may not be judged; for with what judgment you are judging, you will be judged.” (Matthew 7:1, 2) If you would like God to overlook your faults—the rafter in your eye—it is in your best interests to overlook flaws in your mate.—Matthew 6:14, 15.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.