The World News Media

ARTHUR (1981): Best That You Can Do *Arthur's Theme*

A video tribute made to a great movie "Arthur". It stars Dudley Moore as the drunken millionaire who is being forced to marry a woman he dispises. He decides to fight for his right to make his own decisions when he meets Linda (played by Liza Minnelli), a wannabe actress who works at a diner. Also stars the great Sir John Geilgud as Hobson, Arthur's protective butler. *Note: I had some volume troubles when making this, because of which I could not do what I wanted during the sax solo. I had a Dudley Moore laugh montage that was really good, but you couldn't hear it next to the music...even when I had the clip volume on the highest setting. 

Song: Best That You Can Do

Artist: Christopher Cross

• 8 months later...

• Views 276
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dudley Stuart John Moore, CBE (19 April 1935 – 27 March 2002) was an English actor, comedian, musician and composer.

Moore first came to prominence in the UK as one of the four writer-performers in the comedy revue Beyond the Fringe from 1960, and with one member of that team, Peter Cook, collaborated on the television series Not Only... But Also. The double act worked on other projects until the mid-1970s, by which time Moore had settled in Los Angeles to concentrate on his film acting.

His solo career as a comedy film actor was heightened by the success of hit Hollywood films, particularly Foul Play (1978), 10 (1979) and Arthur (1981). For Arthur, Moore was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor and won a Golden Globe Award. He received a second Golden Globe for his performance in Micki & Maude (1984).

In 1981 Moore won the Golden Globe for Best Actor for his role in Arthur, for which he was also Oscar-nominated. In November 2001, Moore was appointed a Commander of the Order of The British Empire (CBE). Despite his deteriorating condition, he attended the ceremony at Buckingham Palace on 16 November to collect his honour in a wheelchair