The World News Media

Forgiveness of sins

Kosonen

Here is a list of scriptures showing how deeply our heavenly Father Jehovah God wants to forgive our sins and give us everlasting life. This God proves to us, by going so far that He sent his most loved Son Jesus Christ to earth to teach us and die for our sins in a most painful way.

So if we feel that we have failed one day, we can be sure we are forgiven if we try better next day. Our sanctification is not possible in one day. So we have to keep on trying to do better everyday. That is a repentive attitude we need in our ongoing sanctification.

John 3:16  “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. 17  For God did not send his Son into the world for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him.

1 Timothy 2:3  This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4  whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6  who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time.

Romans 5:8 But God recommends his own love to us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9  Much more, then, since we have now been declared righteous by his blood, will we be saved through him from wrath. 10  For if when we were enemies we became reconciled to God through the death of his Son,

Titus 3:3  For we too were once senseless, disobedient, led astray, being slaves to various desires and pleasures, carrying on in badness and envy, detestable, hating one another. 4  However, when the kindness of our Savior, God, and his love for mankind were manifested 5  (not because of any righteous works we had done, but because of his own mercy), he saved us by means of the bath that brought us to life and by making us new by holy spirit. 6  He poured this spirit out richly on us through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that after being declared righteous through the undeserved kindness of that one, we might become heirs according to a hope of everlasting life.

Luke 18:10  “Two men went up into the temple to pray, the one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11  The Pharisee stood and began to pray these things to himself, ‘O God, I thank you that I am not like everyone else—extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12  I fast twice a week; I give the tenth of all things I acquire.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing at a distance, was not willing even to raise his eyes heavenward but kept beating his chest, saying, ‘O God, be gracious to me, a sinner.’ 14  I tell you, this man went down to his home and was proved more righteous than that Pharisee. Because everyone who exalts himself will be humiliated, but whoever humbles himself will be exalted.”

Luke 5:30….“Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?” 31  In reply Jesus said to them: “Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but those who are ill do. 32  I have come to call, not righteous people, but sinners to repentance.”

Luke 7:44  With that he turned to the woman and said to Simon: “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave me no water for my feet. But this woman wet my feet with her tears and wiped them off with her hair. 45  You gave me no kiss, but this woman, from the hour that I came in, did not stop tenderly kissing my feet. 46 You did not pour oil on my head, but this woman poured perfumed oil on my feet. 47 Because of this, I tell you, her sins, many though they are, are forgiven, because she loved much. But the one who is forgiven little, loves little.” 48  Then he said to her: “Your sins are forgiven.” 49 Those reclining at the table with him started to say among themselves: “Who is this man who even forgives sins?” 50  But he said to the woman: “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

2 Timothy 1: 9  He saved us and called us with a holy calling, not because of our works, but because of his own purpose and undeserved kindness. This was given to us in connection with Christ Jesus before times long ago,

Ephesians 2:8  By this undeserved kindness you have been saved through faith, and this is not of your own doing; rather, it is God’s gift. 9  No, it is not a result of works, so that no one should have grounds for boasting. 10  We are God’s handiwork and were created in union with Christ Jesus for good works, which God determined in advance for us to walk in them.

Romans 10:9  For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved.

Hebrews 10:10  By this “will” we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time. ….14  For it is by one sacrificial offering that he has made those who are being sanctified perfect for all time. 15  Moreover, the holy spirit also bears witness to us, for after it has said: 16 “‘This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days,’ says Jehovah. ‘I will put my laws in their hearts, and in their minds I will write them.’” 17  Then it says: “And I will no longer call their sins and their lawless deeds to mind.” 18  Now where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer an offering for sin. 19  Therefore, brothers, since we have boldness for the way of entry into the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20  which he opened up for us as a new and living way through the curtain, that is, his flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22  let us approach with sincere hearts and complete faith, having had our hearts sprinkled clean from a wicked conscience and our bodies bathed with clean water.

Hebrews 9:28  so also the Christ was offered once for all time to bear the sins of many; and the second time that he appears it will be apart from sin, and he will be seen by those earnestly looking for him for their salvation.

Colossians 1:13…...his beloved Son, 14  by means of whom we have our release by ransom, the forgiveness of our sins.

Ephesians 1:7  By means of him we have the release by ransom through the blood of that one, yes, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his undeserved kindness.

Acts 26:17….I am sending you [apostle Paul] 18  to open their eyes, to turn them from darkness to light and from the authority of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those sanctified by their faith in me.’

Acts 13:37  On the other hand, the one whom God raised up did not see corruption. 38  “Let it therefore be known to you, brothers, that through this one a forgiveness of sins is being proclaimed to you, 39  and that from all the things from which you could not be declared guiltless by means of the Law of Moses, everyone who believes is declared guiltless by means of this one.

Acts 10:34  At this Peter began to speak, and he said: “Now I truly understand that God is not partial, 35  but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. 36 He sent out the word to the sons of Israel to declare to them the good news of peace through Jesus Christ—this one is Lord of all. 37  You know the subject that was talked about throughout all Ju·deʹa, starting from Galʹi·lee after the baptism that John preached: 38 about Jesus who was from Nazʹa·reth, how God anointed him with holy spirit and power, and he went through the land doing good and healing all those oppressed by the Devil, because God was with him. 39  And we are witnesses of all the things he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem; but they did away with him by hanging him on a stake. 40 God raised this one up on the third day and allowed him to become manifest, 41 not to all the people, but to witnesses appointed beforehand by God, to us, who ate and drank with him after his rising from the dead.42  Also, he ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness that this is the one decreed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

Luke 24:45 5  Then he [Jesus] opened up their minds fully to grasp the meaning of the Scriptures, 46  and he said to them, “This is what is written: that the Christ would suffer and rise from among the dead on the third day, 47  and on the basis of his name, repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations—starting out from Jerusalem. 48  You are to be witnesses of these things.

Acts 3:19  “Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself 20  and he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus.

Hebrews 12:14  Pursue peace with all people and the sanctification without which no man will see the Lord.

2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, since we have these promises, beloved ones, let us cleanse ourselves of every defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

• Views 130
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a list of scriptures showing how deeply our heavenly Father Jehovah God wants to forgive our sins and give us everlasting life. This God proves to us, by going so far that He sent his most lov

Who can forgive sins but God alone?

20 hours ago, Kosonen said:

Here is a list of scriptures showing how deeply our heavenly Father Jehovah God wants to forgive our sins and give us everlasting life. This God proves to us, by going so far that He sent his most loved Son Jesus Christ to earth to teach us and die for our sins in a most painful way.

So if we feel that we have failed one day, we can be sure we are forgiven if we try better next day. Our sanctification is not possible in one day. So we have to keep on trying to do better everyday. That is a repentive attitude we need in our ongoing sanctification.

John 3:16  “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. 17  For God did not send his Son into the world for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him.

1 Timothy 2:3  This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4  whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6  who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time.

Romans 5:8 But God recommends his own love to us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9  Much more, then, since we have now been declared righteous by his blood, will we be saved through him from wrath. 10  For if when we were enemies we became reconciled to God through the death of his Son,

Titus 3:3  For we too were once senseless, disobedient, led astray, being slaves to various desires and pleasures, carrying on in badness and envy, detestable, hating one another. 4  However, when the kindness of our Savior, God, and his love for mankind were manifested 5  (not because of any righteous works we had done, but because of his own mercy), he saved us by means of the bath that brought us to life and by making us new by holy spirit. 6  He poured this spirit out richly on us through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that after being declared righteous through the undeserved kindness of that one, we might become heirs according to a hope of everlasting life.

Luke 18:10  “Two men went up into the temple to pray, the one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11  The Pharisee stood and began to pray these things to himself, ‘O God, I thank you that I am not like everyone else—extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12  I fast twice a week; I give the tenth of all things I acquire.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing at a distance, was not willing even to raise his eyes heavenward but kept beating his chest, saying, ‘O God, be gracious to me, a sinner.’ 14  I tell you, this man went down to his home and was proved more righteous than that Pharisee. Because everyone who exalts himself will be humiliated, but whoever humbles himself will be exalted.”

Luke 5:30….“Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?” 31  In reply Jesus said to them: “Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but those who are ill do. 32  I have come to call, not righteous people, but sinners to repentance.”

Luke 7:44  With that he turned to the woman and said to Simon: “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave me no water for my feet. But this woman wet my feet with her tears and wiped them off with her hair. 45  You gave me no kiss, but this woman, from the hour that I came in, did not stop tenderly kissing my feet. 46 You did not pour oil on my head, but this woman poured perfumed oil on my feet. 47 Because of this, I tell you, her sins, many though they are, are forgiven, because she loved much. But the one who is forgiven little, loves little.” 48  Then he said to her: “Your sins are forgiven.” 49 Those reclining at the table with him started to say among themselves: “Who is this man who even forgives sins?” 50  But he said to the woman: “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

2 Timothy 1: 9  He saved us and called us with a holy calling, not because of our works, but because of his own purpose and undeserved kindness. This was given to us in connection with Christ Jesus before times long ago,

Ephesians 2:8  By this undeserved kindness you have been saved through faith, and this is not of your own doing; rather, it is God’s gift. 9  No, it is not a result of works, so that no one should have grounds for boasting. 10  We are God’s handiwork and were created in union with Christ Jesus for good works, which God determined in advance for us to walk in them.

Romans 10:9  For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved.

Hebrews 10:10  By this “will” we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time. ….14  For it is by one sacrificial offering that he has made those who are being sanctified perfect for all time. 15  Moreover, the holy spirit also bears witness to us, for after it has said: 16 “‘This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days,’ says Jehovah. ‘I will put my laws in their hearts, and in their minds I will write them.’” 17  Then it says: “And I will no longer call their sins and their lawless deeds to mind.” 18  Now where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer an offering for sin. 19  Therefore, brothers, since we have boldness for the way of entry into the holy place by the blood of Jesus, 20  which he opened up for us as a new and living way through the curtain, that is, his flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22  let us approach with sincere hearts and complete faith, having had our hearts sprinkled clean from a wicked conscience and our bodies bathed with clean water.

Hebrews 9:28  so also the Christ was offered once for all time to bear the sins of many; and the second time that he appears it will be apart from sin, and he will be seen by those earnestly looking for him for their salvation.

Colossians 1:13…...his beloved Son, 14  by means of whom we have our release by ransom, the forgiveness of our sins.

Ephesians 1:7  By means of him we have the release by ransom through the blood of that one, yes, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his undeserved kindness.

Acts 26:17….I am sending you [apostle Paul] 18  to open their eyes, to turn them from darkness to light and from the authority of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those sanctified by their faith in me.’

Acts 13:37  On the other hand, the one whom God raised up did not see corruption. 38  “Let it therefore be known to you, brothers, that through this one a forgiveness of sins is being proclaimed to you, 39  and that from all the things from which you could not be declared guiltless by means of the Law of Moses, everyone who believes is declared guiltless by means of this one.

Acts 10:34  At this Peter began to speak, and he said: “Now I truly understand that God is not partial, 35  but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. 36 He sent out the word to the sons of Israel to declare to them the good news of peace through Jesus Christ—this one is Lord of all. 37  You know the subject that was talked about throughout all Ju·deʹa, starting from Galʹi·lee after the baptism that John preached: 38 about Jesus who was from Nazʹa·reth, how God anointed him with holy spirit and power, and he went through the land doing good and healing all those oppressed by the Devil, because God was with him. 39  And we are witnesses of all the things he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem; but they did away with him by hanging him on a stake. 40 God raised this one up on the third day and allowed him to become manifest, 41 not to all the people, but to witnesses appointed beforehand by God, to us, who ate and drank with him after his rising from the dead.42  Also, he ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness that this is the one decreed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

Luke 24:45 5  Then he [Jesus] opened up their minds fully to grasp the meaning of the Scriptures, 46  and he said to them, “This is what is written: that the Christ would suffer and rise from among the dead on the third day, 47  and on the basis of his name, repentance for forgiveness of sins would be preached in all the nations—starting out from Jerusalem. 48  You are to be witnesses of these things.

Acts 3:19  “Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself 20  and he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus.

Hebrews 12:14  Pursue peace with all people and the sanctification without which no man will see the Lord.

2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, since we have these promises, beloved ones, let us cleanse ourselves of every defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

@Kosonen  Your research here and topic is well timed for me. Thank you

I am praying more each day and always ask for forgiveness of my sins. But of course some days feel better than others.

There always seems to be too many 'physical things' to do each day, so sometimes spiritual things / thoughts get pushed to one side... 

The 'Sunday meetings' (and the evening meeting) at the Kingdom Hall did have / or should have had, that opportunity to rid one's mind of all other thoughts and just think on a spiritual level. However the 'food' on offer was not spiritual food from God through Christ and the underlying 'goings on', were not good, so I classed it as bad association. 

Now I have to try to take time out and make myself think on a spiritual level. This is one of the things I ask God for, for direction toward serving Him. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.