The World News Media

Driving in the wrong direction ….. ?

Pudgy

Driving in the wrong direction?

Have you ever been driving along, perhaps for 20 minutes or so, and you see some landmark, and *spoink!* your whole world rotates 180°, and you realize that you have been traveling in the wrong direction all this time?

In my life I have had that happen four times, driving a car.

The fifth time I was watching a documentary on Netflix, about the Vietnam War which ended in the summer of 1975 with the communist victory and the fall of Saigon, and having been of draft age during that time, and almost went to federal prison for 5 years for refusing to be inducted, I have kept up with the reporting during and after the war for almost 50 years now, and considered myself a minor authority on the reasons, motivations, and events of that 20 year war. If anybody could explain it … If anybody understood it, it would be me!

WRONG!

After seeing the documentary “SIR!, NO SIR!” on Netflix, it felt like someone had opened my skull and stirred it with a spoon.

I highly recommend the movie.

Quite often I mention “It’s not what we know … it’s what we know that is wrong!”. Usually with considerable smugness and condescension, because, after all, I work very hard to be always right.

It embarrasses me no end when I am wrong.

Especially about that Gladiator Circus of the Century ….. Vietnam.

• Views 271
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Circus

3 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

the wrong direction on backwards day

3 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

you'll be fine.

Some people get away with running the wrong direction on a treadmill now and then too...

(I can't remember if we've done this before😆 they say sometimes history repeats itself...)

"Hez·e·kiʹah had asked Isaiah: “What is the sign to show that Jehovah will heal me and that I will go up on the third day to the house of Jehovah?”  Isaiah replied: “This is the sign from Jehovah to show you that Jehovah will carry out the word that he has spoken: Do you want the shadow on the stairway to move forward ten steps or back ten steps?”  Hez·e·kiʹah said: “It is an easy thing for the shadow to extend itself ten steps but not to go back ten steps.”  So Isaiah the prophet called out to Jehovah, and He made the shadow on the stairway of Aʹhaz go back ten steps after it had already descended the steps."

(2 Kings 20:8-11)

Jehovah can reverse the effects of sin, make them go backwards, because Jesus got the beatings intended for us, the ones we deserved to get. He already paid, to the death. Because he wants us to live, to know we are loved by him, and to share that love.

Jesus said: "I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another.  By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves."

(John 13:34,35)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.