The World News Media

I just got into JW.org’s Wi-Fi network.

JW Insider

I just got into JW.ORG’s Wi-Fi network. That’s because they gave me the password and I’m sitting in the lobby. In fact someone gave me a card with the code on it. All you have to do is express a need for it. Like making a donation. lol. 

IMG_8595.jpeg

• Views 780
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol. Why do you think I’m attracting attention to this forum through their internet network right after making a donation?

The last time I was here, they were more ambiguous about taking pictures and sharing them with friends, so I literally took a picture of just about everything and I even posted a set of pictures here.

The brothers and sisters who have their part in the Bible village museum try to stay in character as if they are in a convention drama even if you ask them a question. They don’t have to of course but

Posted Images

Speaking of security. It’s much tighter than it was in 2019 when I was here last. There is the iron gate out front and the brother has to make a phone call with your name and appointment confirmation # to another person inside before they open it. Then you must stop for an attendant who asks you for the info again. Then a parking attendant. Then a brother at the main lobby door who only lets you in with a card key. 

I was just in Patterson to see the Bible Village “Museum” tour. It was excellent but too short. They also have a “legally establishing the good news” tour/museum and a Gilead school historical tour which now covers the other schools more extensively than before. 

I am back in Warwick now. Got here a bit early so I’m looking out on the lake. Very nice. I’ve worked while looking out on this lake before. But for IBM and not the WTS. IBM is at the other end of the lake. We used to handle our disaster recovery setup with them and I was sent here twice for my secular work. 

9 minutes ago, George88 said:

Does this mean you are going to share the password with your friends in the closed club?

It’s “587BCE”. Just kidding. No I covered it in the picture because I don’t think they really want it shared. 

It seems so odd to me that literally about 60% of the male commuter Bethelites have beards. And almost half the regular Bethelites I’ve seen so far. Young and old alike. Even some who appear to be only 16 years old. They are all over 18 of course but they look so much younger now that I am 66. 

The brothers and sisters who have their part in the Bible village museum try to stay in character as if they are in a convention drama even if you ask them a question. They don’t have to of course but some of them have fun with it. One sister doing basket weaving and dyeing yarn for a loom asked me where I was from. I told her New York via California and Missouri and she wasn’t sure if she had heard of such far away places. 

14 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

It’s “587BCE”. Just kidding. No I covered it in the picture because I don’t think they really want it shared. 

A little humor. Have you ever considered debating 587 with the brothers at Bethel as assertively as you do here? It would be interesting to see if they would ever grant you passwords or access to the Bethel house again. Just a thought!
Just kidding! I wouldn't want you to be disfellowshipped right on the spot. xD

About two more weeks and the lake will be gorgeous with greenery all around again. The second picture is my old IBM stomping grounds. The third is back in the far corner of the lobby where my attempts at hacking are out of the limelight. 

IMG_8600.jpeg

IMG_8601.jpeg

IMG_8602.jpeg

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

lol. Why do you think I’m attracting attention to this forum through their internet network right after making a donation?

Good one! All the brothers need to do is look to the past. Genesis 4:3-5. xD

2 hours ago, George88 said:

All the brothers need to do is look to the past. Genesis 4:3-5.

I can see how some of them might start feeling "angry," but I doubt any of them would feel "dejected."

I'll go to the mid-week meeting here tonight. Last one was attended by Brother Tony Morris III, Sister Sydlik the First, Brothers Ken Cook and Bill Malenfant. Maybe I could get them all into the same committee meeting with me if I answer a question inappropriately. LOL. No chance for Morris, I guess. I would only want Sister Sydlik there because she must know what her husband really thought about the WTS explanations of Daniel's 1260, 1290, 1335 and 2300 days. And they didn't disfellowship him for questioning.

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

I'll go to the mid-week meeting here tonight. Last one was attended by Brother Tony Morris III, Sister Sydlik the First, Brothers Ken Cook and Bill Malenfant. Maybe I could get them all into the same committee meeting with me if I answer a question inappropriately. LOL. No chance for Morris, I guess. I would only want Sister Sydlik there because she must know what her husband really thought about the WTS explanations of Daniel's 1260, 1290, 1335 and 2300 days. And they didn't disfellowship him for questioning.

LOL! It appears that you overlook the fact that I had personal relationships with the most skilled and intelligent members of the group. Considering this, it is possible that they would have expressed disagreement with the way people impose their views instead of engaging in a thoughtful discussion. Wasn't Raymond Franz disfellowshipped for his forceful views? However, it is important to note that the matter at hand is not the sole topic on the agenda, as there are numerous other important items that you also strongly hold onto. xD

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.