The World News Media

"I consider it right . . . to rouse you up by way of reminding you."—2 Pet. 1:13. – ?????

Bible Speaks

"I consider it right . . . to rouse you up by way of reminding you."—2 Pet. 1:13.

?????

When the apostle Peter wrote his second inspired letter, the Christian congregation had already endured much persecution, but this had not dampened its zeal or slowed its growth. So the Devil employed another tactic, one that had succeeded many times before. As revealed by Peter, Satan tried to corrupt God’s people by means of false teachers who had “eyes full of adultery” and “a heart trained in covetousness.” (2 Pet. 2:1-3, 14; Jude 4)

?????

Accordingly, Peter’s second letter is a heartfelt exhortation to faithfulness. Peter desired that his timely reminders would live on. (2 Pet. 1:15) And, indeed, they became part of the Bible and can be read by all of us today. Chapter 3 of Peter’s second letter is of particular interest to us, for it focuses on “the last days” of the present system of things and on the destruction of the figurative heavens and earth.—2 Pet. 3:3, 7, 10.

?????

w10 7/15 2:1, 2

IMG_2430.JPG

• Views 414
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"I consider it right . . . to rouse you up by way of reminding you."—2 Pet. 1:13. ????? When the apostle Peter wrote his second inspired letter, the Christian congregation had already endure

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.