The World News Media

How to Build a Happy Marriage – ?????

Bible Speaks

How to Build a Happy Marriage

???????????

"Become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate." – Eph. 4:32.

?????????

OUR Maker, Jehovah God, instituted marriage as a permanent union between a man and a woman. Says Genesis 2:18, 22-24: “Jehovah God went on to say: ‘It is not good for the man to continue by himself. I am going to make a helper for him, as a complement of him.’ And Jehovah God proceeded to build the rib that he had taken from the man into a woman and to bring her to the man. Then the man said: ‘This is at last bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh. This one will be called Woman, because from man this one was taken.’ That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh.”

???????????

True, building a lasting, happy marriage is not easy, but it is certainly possible. Many couples have been happily married for 50, 60, or more years. How do they do it? They work at their marriage continually and unselfishly to “gain the approval” of their mate. (1 Corinthians 7:33, 34) That takes work. If you are willing to invest the time and effort, you too can build a happy marriage, one that will last a long time.

???????????

What can sustain marital commitment? The apostle Paul wrote: “Husbands ought to be loving their wives as their own bodies.” (Ephesians 5:28, 29) In part, then, being “joined together” means that you feel as concerned about the welfare of your mate as you do about your own. Married people need to shift their thinking from “mine” to “ours,” from “me” to “we.”

???????????

Successfully weathering stormy attacks on your marriage will make you wise. Such acquired wisdom can result in happiness. “Happy is the man that has found wisdom,” notes Proverbs 3:13.

???????????

What Can Help You to Build a Happy Marriage?

?? Study God’s Word along with your mate regularly, and pray to God for help and guidance in resolving problems.—Proverbs 3:5, 6; Philippians 4:6, 7; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

?? Confine sexual interest exclusively to your mate.—Proverbs 5:15-21; Hebrews 13:4.

?? Communicate openly, honestly, and lovingly about your problems and differences.—Proverbs 15:22; 20:5; 25:11.

?? Speak to your mate in a kind, considerate manner; avoid outbursts of anger, nagging, and harsh critical remarks.—Proverbs 15:1; 20:3; 21:9; 31:26, 28; Ephesians 4:31, 32.

?? Humbly apply Bible counsel even if you feel that your mate is not doing everything he or she should be doing.—Romans 14:12; 1 Peter 3:1, 2.

?? Work hard to cultivate the spiritual qualities mentioned in the Bible.—Galatians 5:22, 23; Colossians 3:12-14; 1 Peter 3:3-6.

???????????

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102006242?q=eph+4%3A32&p=par

IMG_3115.JPG

• Views 688
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How to Build a Happy Marriage ??????????? "Become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate." – Eph. 4:32. ????????? OUR Maker, Jehovah God, instituted marriage as a permanent un

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.