The World News Media

THE ISRAELITES “PASSED THROUGH THE RED SEA” ??????????

Bible Speaks

THE ISRAELITES “PASSED THROUGH THE RED SEA” ??????????

Our Future Depends On Our Obedience and Faith in Our Deliverance!

Moses’ faith in “the One who is invisible” helped him when the Israelites were in danger after they left Egypt. The Bible says: “The Israelites raised their eyes and saw the Egyptians pursuing them. The Israelites became terrified and began to cry out to Jehovah.” (Exodus 14:10-12) 

??????????

The Israelites should have expected this situation. Jehovah had foretold: “I will allow Pharaoh’s heart to become obstinate, and he will chase after them, and I will glorify myself by means of Pharaoh and all his army; and the Egyptians will certainly know that I am Jehovah.” (Exodus 14:4) 

??????????

Despite JehovahÂ’s warning, the Israelites had no faith. They could see only the Red Sea blocking the way in front of them, PharaohÂ’s war chariots approaching quickly behind them, and an 80-year-old shepherd leading them. They felt trapped.

??????????

Moses was not afraid. His eyes of faith saw something much more powerful than a sea or an army. He could “see the salvation of Jehovah,” and he knew that Jehovah would fight for the Israelites. (Read Exodus 14:13, 14.) Moses’ faith strengthened and encouraged God’s people. The Bible says: “By faith they passed through the Red Sea as on dry land, but when the Egyptians attempted it, they were swallowed up.” (Hebrews 11:29) After that, “the people began to fear Jehovah and to put faith in Jehovah and in his servant Moses.”—Exodus 14:31.

??????????

Soon, our lives will seem to be in danger. By the time Armageddon begins, the governments of this world will have destroyed religious organizations that were much more powerful than ours. (Revelation 17:16) In a prophecy, Jehovah says that we will be defenseless, like a “land of unprotected settlements . . . , unprotected by walls, bars, or gates.” (Ezekiel 38:10-12, 14-16) Those who do not have faith in Jehovah may think that we have no chance of survival. How will you react?
18 We do not need to be afraid. Why? Because Jehovah has foretold not only that his people will be attacked but also that he will save them. “‘On that day, the day when Gog invades the land of Israel,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘my great rage will flare up. In my zeal, in the fire of my fury, I will speak.’” (Ezekiel 38:18-23) 

??????????

God will destroy all those who want to harm Jehovah’s people. If you have faith that Jehovah will protect you during his “great and awe-inspiring day,” you will be able to “see the salvation of Jehovah” and remain strong.—Joel 2:31, 32.

IMG_6964.JPG

• Views 642
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THE ISRAELITES “PASSED THROUGH THE RED SEA” ?????????? Our Future Depends On Our Obedience and Faith in Our Deliverance!  MosesÂ’ faith in “the One who is invisible” helped him when the

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.