The World News Media

Paradise ????? - "Auntie, when I get to paradise who will be my mama and my papa since my mother and father are not witnesses?" ??

Bible Speaks

Got this from a sis, as related at Bethel....

Brother Sanderson told a tear jerker experience from the Phillipines. A sister started a Bible study with a little girl named Isa who was only 4 years old. Basically she taught her the Bible Stories by using the pictures. She quickly learned and before long was reading, She even went to cong meetings and in the public ministry with this sister over the course of the next 6 years. (The experience did not say, but am wondering if perhaps the sister was a maid or nanny in the household.) The little girl's mother was involved in politics and the father was a policeman so they were not interested in Bible truth at that time. Then the sister had to move away. She was heartbroken about Isa and wondered what would happen to her. 

When Isa found out that the sister was leaving she ran after her and cried, "Auntie, when I get to paradise who will be my mama and my papa since my mother and father are not witnesses?" The sister replied, "Your auntie and uncle will be there with you." (In other words, the sister and her husband.) The years went by. 

Later, the sister learned that Isa was killed in a motorcycle acident. The parents were heart broken and were going to have a religious funeral for Isa. The school teacher let the parents know that on recent papers that Isa had turned in at the school she said that she was one of Jehovah's Witnesses. So the mother and father asked the local witnesses if they would conduct the funeral for Isa. 

The brothers and sisters rallied around the parents and the parents were so glad to learn that they could see their daughter again in paradise that they began studying the Bible, the father resigned as a policeman, and the mother gave up politics. They were baptized. So now when Isa comes back in the Resurrection (John 5:29 & 11:21-25; Acts 24:15...)

imagine her ecstasy when she not only sees her "auntie and uncle" who taught her Bible truth, but also her very own mom and dad!

Just had to share that experience with you as it was such a sweet one. Little do we know to some young ones who can't read yet, even though taught God's Word, pictures mean so much! 

?????

IMG_7840.JPG

• Views 1.4k
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got this from a sis, as related at Bethel.... Brother Sanderson told a tear jerker experience from the Phillipines. A sister started a Bible study with a little girl named Isa who was only 4 year

I don't think I would say this to an adult let alone a young child. Doesn't seem very tactful or appropriate. 

The idea that she hoped they would learn God's Word too is never included in the story. She had obviously given up hope if she already wondered who would replace them in the New System. (At this point

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Bible Speaks said:

Was it not a tear ? touching story, real.

It's a tear touching story, but it's also sad that a child learns so early to be so judgmental of her parents that she believes Jehovah will kill them at Armageddon and/or that they will not be resurrected to an opportunity to life on earth when they die. A little girl had to compartmentalize a fear and even a kind of judgmental "hatred" of her own parents in the resignation that they would be eternally destroyed by her God.

On 9/28/2017 at 1:44 PM, Bible Speaks said:

"Auntie, when I get to paradise who will be my mama and my papa since my mother and father are not witnesses?" The sister replied, "Your auntie and uncle will be there with you."

I don't think I would say this to an adult let alone a young child. Doesn't seem very tactful or appropriate. 

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

It's a tear touching story, but it's also sad that a child learns so early to be so judgmental of her parents that she believes Jehovah will kill them at Armageddon and/or that they will not be resurrected to an opportunity to life on earth when they die. A little girl had to compartmentalize a fear and even a kind of judgmental "hatred" of her own parents in the resignation that they would be eternally destroyed by her God.

What I got from this experience is that when her parents died. She already knew of the hope for the dead. So it made that promise real to her. Many worry some will not learn Gods Truth, but she learned God's Word and hope they would too. We fear some may no learn, but we pray they do. I'm sure the hope was made real to her knowing God's Promise. We don't teach that those who don't learn the Truth will die. It is not in our hands, God knows people's hearts in the end. I'm sure she learned and prayed they would learn. We can't judge others that is only for Jehovah and His Son Christ to do. The Joy she felt was very great when sadness happened, we never know. Jehovah will bring back all from the graves. We never know who will return, but we learn it will be a resurrection of all that have died. Maybe some will accept the Truth in the New World ? if they don't have the opportunity to learn it if they die. 

My thoughts 

??????

1 hour ago, Bible Speaks said:

Many worry some will not learn Gods Truth, but she learned God's Word and hope they would too.

The idea that she hoped they would learn God's Word too is never included in the story. She had obviously given up hope if she already wondered who would replace them in the New System. (At this point in the story, she is already 10 years old.)

We don't teach that those who don't learn the Truth will die.

Yes. We do. Not all of course, and we don't judge specific individuals, but we definitely teach that there will be persons who will die because they didn't learn the Truth. And it's obvious that it's so common to believe this, that even a member of the Governing Body hadn't considered it wrong to tell a story that centers on exactly this idea. Note that no one is trying to correct the girl for having a misapprehension. The pull of the story is that the little girl died still "knowing" that her parents, in their current situation, would be either killed by Jehovah or forgotten forever by Jehovah.

We can't judge others that is only for Jehovah and His Son Christ to do.

That's the point. The little girl judged her parents as worthy of death. And no part of the story, as told here, corrects that point. The story works if they were worthy of death UNTIL they learned the Truth after their daughter died. (This, by the way, is seen as child abuse in a psychological sense, which I'm sure we'd be quick to see if it was a Muslim girl with a Muslim Auntie who was being taught this same thing about her Buddhist parents.)

We never know who will return, but we learn it will be a resurrection of all that have died.

Then you understand why she should not have judged them.

The Joy she felt was very great when sadness happened, we never know.

I don't understand this at all. Why would her joy be very great if sadness happened?

"We never know who will return, but we learn it will be a resurrection of all that have died." --Bible Speaks

--------

It is true we never know who will return, because none of us can judge people. However, the Bible does not teach that all that have died will be resurrected

It says there is going to be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous. (Acts 24:15)    It did not say the wicked. There is something called Gehenna, second death, lake of fire, from which there will be no release.  The ones thrown there  are wicked people.  The name of the wicked one will rot. (Prov 10:7)  These will have committed the unforgivable sin. They are willful sinners and the ransom will cover them. Adam's offspring was ransomed but Adam and Eve were not because of their willful sin.  Judas is called the Son of Destruction indicating that he will not benefit from the ransom; also some of the Scribes and Pharisees who saw the powerful works of Jesus and denied them will merit Gehenna which means total annihilation.  There are not in the memorial tombs (John 5:28,29) - they are not in God's memory like Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and other righteous ones.

See scriptures below:

"(Acts 24:15) And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous."
(For example the thief who died alongside Jesus on the torture stake - surely Jesus could read hearts)

"(John 5:28, 29) Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment."
(Those in God's memory)

"(Hebrews 10:26-29) 26 For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, 27 but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a burning indignation that is going to consume those in opposition. 28 Anyone who has disregarded the Law of Moses dies without compassion on the testimony of two or three. 29 How much greater punishment do you think a person will deserve who has trampled on the Son of God and who has regarded as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt? "

"(Matthew 12:31, 32) 31 “For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. 32 For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come."

"(Matthew 10:28) 28 And do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather, fear him who can destroy both soul and body in Ge·henʹna. . ."

"(Matthew 25:45, 46) 45 Then he will answer them, saying: ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.’ 46 These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

"(2 Thessalonians 1:6-9) This takes into account that it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you. 7 But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength,.."

Those who are judicially destroyed  by Jehovah's executioner Jesus at Armageddon will be destroyed forever (no resurrection for them). Jehovah is able to deliver the righteous from among the wicked - selective destruction - no accidents. 
(2 Peter 2:9) So, then, Jehovah knows how to rescue people of godly devotion out of trial, but to reserve unrighteous people to be destroyed on the day of judgment")

*** it-1 pp. 616-617 Destruction ***
Everlasting Destruction. The Bible does not indicate that all the dead will be resurrected. Jesus implied this when he spoke of “those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead.” (Lu 20:35) The possibility of eternal destruction for some is also indicated by Jesus’ words at Matthew 10:28: “Do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be in fear of him that can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.” Regarding this text, The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology (edited by C. Brown, 1978, Vol. 3, p. 304) states: “Matt. 10:28 teaches not the potential immortality of the soul but the irreversibility of divine judgment on the unrepentant.” Also, Bauer’s Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament (revised by F. W. Gingrich and F. Danker, 1979, p. 95) gives the meaning “eternal death” with reference to the Greek phrase in Matthew 10:28 translated “destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.” Thus, being consigned to Gehenna refers to utter destruction from which no resurrection is possible.

The Bible says the wages sin pays is death therefore if a person dies they have paid the price and no longer have that sin held against them any longer. But the little girl didn't known if her parent would die before Armageddon. She just knew her parents didn't have any interest in going into the new world so to her why would they be there when that wasn't something they wanted at the time

1 hour ago, Rosalie Barry said:

The Bible says the wages sin pays is death therefore if a person dies they have paid the price

If you or anyone else insist on this bible verse from OT as doctrinal explanation on human and sin, then we have very big problem.

Is/are Death of imperfect human really pays price for sin OR Jesus blood and death pays price for sins of every human????????

If your or mine death in car accident pays all my sinful state of body and mind and heart,  if that pays all sins of mine, then what is the purpose  of Jesus  death?? if not to take all sins from humans and pays price before God???   

Story (and many similar) about Isa and Aunti and all that what this story want to tell to reader (given conclusion, message) is not according to Jesus teaching  and grace!!