Joe Smith

• Views 488
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1 Tim 2:5 :- For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,  (1 Corinthians 11:23-26) . . .For I received from the Lord that which I also handed on to YOU, t

22 hours ago, Joe Smith said:

The "refusal" by all others present to partake of the Emblems has got to be the most undignified act of all at the Memorials !

Those who partake of the Memorial emblems are absolutely sure that they are part of the new covenant. Jesus said of the wine: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood.” (1 Corinthians 11:25) Jehovah made the Law covenant with the Israelites but later said that he would replace it with a new  covenant. (Read Jeremiah 31:31-34.) God made this new covenant, or agreement, with the anointed. (Galatians 6:15, 16) Jesus’ death made this agreement possible. (Luke 22:20) Jesus is the Mediator of the new covenant. The loyal anointed ones who are part of the new covenant will be with Jesus in heaven.—Hebrews 8:6; 9:15  The anointed know that they are also part of the Kingdom covenant. (Read Luke 12:32.) This covenant was made between Jesus and his loyal anointed followers, who shared “in his sufferings.” (Philippians 3:10) Faithful anointed ones today are also part of this covenant. They will rule as kings with Christ in heaven forever. (Revelation 22:5) They are qualified to partake of the emblems during the Lord’s Evening Meal. https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/ws20150115/why-observe-lords-evening-meal/#?insight[search_id]=71b861c1-a191-4269-bba4-bfc7235d1772&insight[search_result_index]=1

Is Jesus your Mediator?

Is he my Mediator?

Why are the Annual Memorial partakers numbers increasing - offer your opinion.?

1 Cor 11.....23For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes. NIV

Does this scripture apply to you? Why do you so answer?

John 6:...53Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

How do you apply this Scripture?

8 hours ago, Joe Smith said:

Is Jesus your Mediator?

No

Is he my Mediator?

Only you can answer that

Why are the Annual Memorial partakers numbers increasing - offer your opinion.?

Rev 14:7 "...144000 who.have been bought from the earth."

Apart from those who eat and drink mistakenly or "unworthily", I would expect the anointed to be representative of all where the good news is preached. The expansion of the good news will by default expand their numbers.

But the principle must apply even if the direct application does not: "...Many invited, but few chosen." Mat.22:14

1 Cor 11.....23

Does this scripture apply to you? Why do you so answer?

No. Because I am not a party to the New Covenant. as one of the Israel of God (Gal.6:16)

John 6:...53

If you mean to myself, I need to excercise faith in Jehovah God's ransom provision through His son Jesus Christ.

1 Jo. 2:27 And as for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to be teaching you; but the anointing from him is teaching you about all things and is true and is no lie. Just as it has taught you, remain in union with him.

1 Tim 2:5 :- For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

(1 Corinthians 11:23-26) . . .For I received from the Lord that which I also handed on to YOU, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which he was going to be handed over took a loaf 24 and, after giving thanks, he broke it and said: “This means my body which is in YOUR behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” 25 He did likewise respecting the cup also, after he had the evening meal, saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood. Keep doing this, as often as YOU drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For as often as YOU eat this loaf and drink this cup, YOU keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives.

By celebrating the Lord’s Evening Meal, we are obeying a direct command of our Lord Jesus and thus “proclaiming the death of the Lord until he arrives”.  Is there any mention of an observer class?  Does Jesus, in commanding us to commemorate his death by partaking of the wine and bread instruct us that this only applies to a tiny percentage of Christians?  Does Jesus instruct the vast majority to abstain from partaking?  Does he command them to merely observe?

This is simple order; a straightforward, unambiguous command.  We are expected to obey.  Anyone reading this can grasp the meaning.  It is not couched in symbolisms, nor does it require the study of a Bible scholar to decode some hidden meaning.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.