The World News Media

Daily text, Wednesday, January 10. 2018

Queen Esther

10.10..jpg

We all received . . . undeserved kindness upon undeserved kindness.—John 1:16.

A winegrower went to the marketplace early one morning to hire men to work in his vineyard. The men he found agreed to the wage he offered and went to work. The owner needed more workers, however, and returned to the marketplace throughout the day to hire more and more men, offering a fair wage even to those whom he hired at the end of the afternoon. When evening came, he gathered the workers together to give them their wages, and he gave the same amount to each of them, whether they had labored many hours or just one. When those first hired realized this, they complained. The winegrower replied: ‘Did you not agree to the wage I offered? Do I not have the right to give all my workers whatever I want? Are you envious because I am generous?’ (Matt. 20:1-15, ftn.) Jesus’ parable reminds us of one of Jehovah’s qualities that is often mentioned in the Bible—his “undeserved kindness.”—2 Cor. 6:1. w16.07 3:1, 2

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/dt/r1/lp-e/2018/1/10

• Views 60
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all received . . . undeserved kindness upon undeserved kindness.—John 1:16. A winegrower went to the marketplace early one morning to hire men to work in his vineyard. The men he found agreed

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.