The World News Media

Jehovah is God's Name! "God is Love." 1 John 4:8 ~ ?

Bible Speaks

• Views 383
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?

Posted Images

On 1/16/2018 at 12:47 PM, Bible Speaks said:

Jehovah is God's Name! ~

“Then Moses said to God, “Indeedwhen I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”

14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” 15 Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’  Exod 3:13-15

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strong’s Hebrew: 3068. יַהְוֶה (Yhvh) - the one bringing into being, life-giver From the primitive root "havah" - to become

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Strong's Hebrew: 1943. הֹוָה (hovah) -- a ruin, disaster
“Je-hovah” – god of ruin, disaster

This Hebrew word “hovah” is found in Ezek 7:26

Disaster will come upon disaster,
And rumor will be upon rumor.
Then they will seek a vision from a prophet;
But the law will perish from the priest,
And counsel from the elders.”  NKJV

Some translation say, “Mischief shall come upon mischief”

It is also found in Isa 47:11 –

“Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know”  KJV

We have no record of Jesus saying, “YHVH”, but only “Father”; yet the Watchtower insisted on inserting “Jehovah” wherever they could.  It appears they have made a ruin and a disaster of their version of the Bible. 

“Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious;  for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription:

TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.

Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you:  “God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.  Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. Acts 17:22-25

Paul was surely describing “YHVH”, and not “Jehovah”.  One gives life, one takes it away.  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.