The World News Media

Stephen Hawking

Bible Speaks

Stephen Hawking, British physicist and author, dies at 76

Stephen Hawking, who beat the odds his entire life, died peacefully at his home in Cambridge, England, early Wednesday, a family spokesman said in a statement.

Hawking was as famous for his insights on black holes, the existence of God and quantum gravity as he was for using a special device to speak while confined to a wheelchair after an ALS diagnosis at age 21.

Hawking gave the world insights into the unknown and several gems of quotes, including, "Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/british-physicist-stephen-hawking-among-world-s-greatest-minds-science-n702301?cid=eml_nbn_20180314

6142618B-2CB3-4E51-8550-B890CB29023C.jpeg

433D8F24-1B3E-425E-B5F5-9B6F0E5E28DF.jpeg

1B66EC99-8253-4311-8FE0-9DC12DB6D497.jpeg

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was truly a magnificent man, doing what he could do .... and DID do ... with his crushing disabilities.

One of the very few really deserving  Media Superstars.

I had six copies of his book,  "A Brief History of Time", to give to others, as I REALLY appreciated how he kept himself alive  through sheer willpower all those many years, and it renewed my interest in Quantum Physics and Cosmology.

I re-read it about every six years.

He was wrong about the "arrow of time" in his book .... time does not reverse when the Universe supposedly would collapse unto the "Big Crunch", which really lets the air out of his book ... but it is still a magnificent read.

Completely outdated ... but a A MUST READ book, nonetheless.

Some of his observations that are remembered:

— "We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the universe. That makes us something very special."

— "Life would be tragic if it weren't funny."

— "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

— "For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking."

— "My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all."

— "I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful."

— "Although I cannot move and I have to speak through a computer, in my mind I am free."

— "If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."

— "We are in danger of destroying ourselves by our greed and stupidity. We cannot remain looking inwards at ourselves on a small and increasingly polluted and overcrowded planet."

— "My disabilities have not been a significant handicap in my field, which is theoretical physics. Indeed, they have helped me in a way by shielding me from lecturing and administrative work that I would otherwise have been involved in. I have managed, however, only because of the large amount of help I have received from my wife, children, colleagues and students. I find that people in general are very ready to help, but you should encourage them to feel that their efforts to aid you are worthwhile by doing as well as you possibly can."

There is a saying:

Ô”There is no atheist in a fox hole.” Perhaps when he returns to this earth in the New World he will continue to see Our Grand Creator and Instructor? Religion has damaged so many minds. Even a genius can not phantom Jehovah God. Knowledge is a gift from Our Creator. Jehovah reads hearts. We know those who die will have a New Hope to really know Who Jehovah God is, Our God of Miracles and the heavens and earth! - Bible Speaks - 

Quote from News Source continues:

In the past, there's been a tiny bit of ambiguity: In "A Brief History of Time," Hawking writes that the discovery of a unifying set of scientific principles known as the theory of everything would enable scientists to "know the mind of God." But in a follow-up book about the quest for the theory of everything, titled "The Grand Design," Hawking said the mechanism behind the origin of the universe was becoming so well known that God was no longer necessary.

El Mundo's Pablo Jauregui asked about those two references to God in one of the questions he prepared for Hawking to answer, and here's the scientist's response:

"Before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. But now science offers a more convincing explanation. What I meant by 'we would know the mind of God' is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God, which there isn't. I'm an atheist."

Hawking addressed the issue more delicately several years ago when he told Reuters that he was "not religious in the normal sense," and said "God does not intervene to break the laws" that He decreed. Since then, however, there's been a lot more theorizing devoted to the origin of the universe. Hawking now believes that an approach known as M-theory will eventually reveal the grand design of the cosmos.

"In my opinion, there is no aspect of reality beyond the reach of the human mind," Hawking told El Mundo. https://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/im-atheist-stephen-hawking-god-space-travel-n210076

9D0ABA62-EBC2-47C7-9BED-15A601148F79.jpeg

Stephen Hawking,   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hawking

Jane Hawking,             https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Hawking

Lucy Hawking,              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_Hawking

The  wife  Jane  H.  is  73 yrs. and  alive....

The  daughter  Lucy  H.  is  47 yrs.

15.  -------.jpg

Author and educator Lucy Hawking in 2008

The Conversation: Stephen and Lucy Hawking

I  found  that  for  you  all....  :)    Enjoy !