The World News Media

"How can I explain 'the meek will inherit the earth' to my jw husband?"

Witness

"It all goes back to what God promised Abraham. God repeated that promise, to Abraham's grandson, Jacob. In fact, *the scriptures I'm going to give you, prove that JW doctrine is false.*

At Gen.28: "10 Jacob left Beersheba and set out for Harran. 11 When he reached a certain place, he stopped for the night because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones there, he put it under his head and lay down to sleep. 12 He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and *the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.* 13 There above it stood the Lord, and he said: ‘I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. *I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying.* 14 Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and *they will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring."*

There we learn, that it is Abraham's seed, that will inherit the earth. But we learn more... The meaning of "angel", is messenger. Verse 12 tells us, that those messengers will be traveling between heaven and earth, and in the very next verse, says that the earth will belong to Abraham's seed and they will spread out to possess the entire planet.

Why put the vision of the angels, along with the promise of the people who are going to Inherit the earth?

At John1:51, Jesus told Nathaniel, "‘Very truly I tell you, you will see “heaven open, and *the angels of God ascending and descending in service to the Son of Man.’"*

Jesus repeated the words that God told Jacob, but added that the angels/messengers, would be serving Christ, AND, that Nathaniel himself, would see it.

When we keep in mind that angel is the original word, but when translated, really means "messenger", we can certainly see how Nathaniel saw messengers, serving Jesus Christ. Jesus was telling Nathaniel, that the apostles and Jesus' Elect, would fulfill Gen.28:12.

Who inherits the earth?

Abraham's seed, who are those born again as spirit. They are those who serve Christ, by being messengers of the gospel of light and life. In God's future kingdom, they will traverse between heaven and earth, so that as Gen.28:14 said; "All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring."

That quote is a parallel to Rev.22: "1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the trees of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. *And the leaves of the trees are for the healing of the nations."*

We see that the trees of life that bear fine fruit, will heal/bless, all the nations. Jesus compared his messengers, to trees... their teachings, to fruit (Luke6:43-45; Matt.7:15-20).

Rev.21 reads; "2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, *COMING DOWN OUT OF HEAVEN from God,* prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ‘Look! God’s dwelling-place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God."

When referring to those faithful servants of Christ, who become spirit-born sons of God; Gal.3 reads;

"26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptised into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 *If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.*

Those who belong to Christ (his body members... his messengers who serve him), become spiritual seed of Abraham. They inherit the promise made to Abraham.

They, inherit the earth. They bring with them from heaven, healing and blessing to all the Nations.-

And so, the doctrine of the WT that teaches that the anointed, never return to earth, is false.

The teaching that there is a "heavenly hope" and an "earthly hope", is false.

The teaching that JW "elders" are the "princes in all the earth" when God's kingdom arrives, is false.

The teaching that JWs are the ones that inherit the earth, is false."

Pearl Doxsey  - https://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2021/10/who-inherit-earth.html

"For the creation eagerly waits with anticipation for God’s sons to be revealed.  For the creation was subjected to futility—not willingly, but because of him who subjected it—in the hope that the creation itself will also be set free from the bondage of corruption into the glorious freedom of God’s children.  For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together with labor pains until now."  Rom 8:19-22

Jacob's Ladder

• Views 1k
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, my elder husband left the organization because of its hypocrisy, before I did.  I followed a while afterward. He supported me in this work, until he died.  But, let me pose a scenario:  A

This is Paula.  Pearl does not comment here.  Neither one of us have denied that we are anointed.  One member of this forum once asked about my anointing; from there it has been used as fuel for sland

"It all goes back to what God promised Abraham. God repeated that promise, to Abraham's grandson, Jacob. In fact, *the scriptures I'm going to give you, prove that JW doctrine is false.* At Gen.2

16 hours ago, Witness said:

Those who belong to Christ (his body members... his messengers who serve him), become spiritual seed of Abraham. They inherit the promise made to Abraham.

They, inherit the earth. They bring with them from heaven, healing and blessing to all the Nations.-

16 hours ago, Witness said:

The teaching that there is a "heavenly hope" and an "earthly hope", is false.

Those who belong to Christ (his body members.. This must surely be a limited number ?  A body can only have a certain amout of members / parts.  Do you therefore believe that the 144,000 is the real number ?

They bring with them from heaven, healing and blessing to all the Nations.- So who or what is the 'Nations' ?

The teaching that there is a "heavenly hope" and an "earthly hope", is false How is this false if only a certain number will have access to Heaven ? 

I thought it was the GB / Org that have started to teach that ALL JWs are part of the 'body of Christ'. :) 

Now you seem to be teaching it.  If there is no distinction between 'heaveny' and 'earthly' ones, then tell us what (non body of Christ) humans become ?    The plot thickens. 

1 hour ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Those who belong to Christ (his body members.. This must surely be a limited number ?  A body can only have a certain amout of members / parts.  Do you therefore believe that the 144,000 is the real number ?

They bring with them from heaven, healing and blessing to all the Nations.- So who or what is the 'Nations' ?

The teaching that there is a "heavenly hope" and an "earthly hope", is false How is this false if only a certain number will have access to Heaven ? 

I thought it was the GB / Org that have started to teach that ALL JWs are part of the 'body of Christ'. :) 

Now you seem to be teaching it.  If there is no distinction between 'heaveny' and 'earthly' ones, then tell us what (non body of Christ) humans become ?    The plot thickens. 

The Body of Christ involves God's chosen priesthood. (1 Pet 2:5,9; Rev 5:9,10; Isa 43:21,10) I don't believe that this "body" is everyone. (Rom 2:28,29; Gal 3:29; Rom 9:8) The priests are to serve not only God and Jesus, but the "nations" - the children to come in the Kingdom.  This Body of Christ is "New Jerusalem" coming down out of heaven as the dwelling of God's Spirit which "resides" with mankind - the nations.  (Rev 21:1-4)  This is a family, with children "born" first - the anointed who comprise the Bride of Christ under the New Covenant.  Symbolically, this Bride when united with Jesus, "her" "husband", indicates the fulfillment of the New Covenant. (2 Cor 11:2) More children are "born" in the Kingdom of God. (Isa 66)  I believe, just as Revelation is a symbolic book, the number "144,000" is also symbolic and is used in the scriptures in various ways. With the Wt, everything is physical, tangible, not spiritual - including the number 144,000.  If the Body was formed from a definite number, then wouldn't each one have a different gift from the other?  But this isn't the case, since the gifts are outlined in the scriptures and there are not, as far as we know, a literal 144,00 of them.  🙂

We know that the Temple of God is a "living" temple, not physical. (2 Cor 6:16)   Neither is the number of "stones" who comprise it.  This article below breaks down 144,000 to reveal that it is based on the "measurement" of the temple of God, and that measurement is truth in Jesus Christ.  (Eph 2:20-22; 1 Tim 3:15)

This scripture is for all who accept and believe the truth in Jesus Christ - Both the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” Let anyone who hears, say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come. Let the one who desires take the water of life freely.  Rev 22:17

Who are the 144,000?

14 hours ago, Witness said:

If the Body was formed from a definite number,

Revelation 7:4 

Berean Literal Bible
And I heard the number of those having been sealed, one hundred forty-four thousand, having been sealed out of every tribe of the sons of Israel:

If the number of them has to be sealed, then there must be a set number. 

You wrote a lot but didn't answer my questions. I think we must agree to differ. 

17 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Rambo making up his own rules now :) 

Ezra 10:11

Now make confession to Jehovah the God of your forefathers and do his will. Separate yourselves from the peoples of the land and from these foreign wives.”

Ezra 10:44

All of these had taken foreign wives, and they sent their wives away, along with their sons.

2 Timothy 3:5

having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

Don't be suprised when you're handed a divorce certificate and told you can keep johhny the atheist who was brainwashed by acedemia.  It's coming.... (Matthew 24:14)  😄

6 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

If the number of them has to be sealed, then there must be a set number. 

You wrote a lot but didn't answer my questions. I think we must agree to differ. 

In Hebrew, “thousand” -  Strong’s concordance refers it to “a company of men”.  It’s interesting to read its definition on blueletterbible.

The Greek “thousand” - plural of uncertain affinity

“But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.” 2 Pet 3:8

“For a thousand years in Your sight Are like yesterday when it is past, And like a watch in the night.”  Ps 90:4

The number one thousand (1,000) symbolizes “immensity,” “fullness of quantity” or “multitude.” The number evokes a very long time according to most Bible passages. It is often used in scripture to specify an indefinite quantity. http://www.scripturerevealed.com/bible-studies/the-meaning-of-numbers-the-number-1000/

One thing I think we agree on, is that it is a number that has an end, according to God.  But when reading Rev 21:14-22, which uses terms that appear to be describing a literal building, I realize its full spiritual symbolism, since the Temple is built with people, God and Jesus, not with literal walls, gates and a foundation.  (1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22)  I believe also, the number who “fill” this spiritual temple is also symbolic. 

6 hours ago, BroRando said:

I'll talk to your husband for you.  Under our New Understanding, he is elgible to divorce an opposer... it would be a valid divorce and he be free to marry a younger more vital sister... I'll guess any sister would be much better than an old worn out opposer... 😀

Just send him to this site you're on!

Well, my elder husband left the organization because of its hypocrisy, before I did.  I followed a while afterward. He supported me in this work, until he died.

But, let me pose a scenario:  A JW “sister” approaches the elders about her abusive husband, and they tell her to go home and pray, to help her continue to tolerate the abuse by her JW husband who could likely be an elder.  That sister, battered and torn down by abuse, who can’t take any more neglect of shepherding by the elders, leaves the organization and her abusive husband.  She is subsequently disfellowshipped for speaking against the abuse that was never dealt with by the elder body.  Or perhaps she filed a report to the police when she was told to keep it to herself, since her husband was an elder in "good standing" with the congregation and good buddies with the elder body.  Does that woman’s husband have the right to divorce her for being labeled an apostate, now that she is disfellowshipped?

What I see in you, is a lust for blood and destruction, and an arrogance similar to your leaders.  The “two witnesses” who prophesy the sins of their people – their anointed brothers and sisters, who tolerate the elders/man of lawlessness robbing them of their position as priests -  preach in sackcloth, in mourning for their people. (2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1-3; 18:4-8) 

But you seem to love and condemn millions to a bloody or a literal fiery death.  

I’m very sorry for you.  This is not the way of Jesus Christ. ( Luke 19:10; Rev 3:1-3, 17-19)

You're giving yourself away Pearl.  You want to take the lead so bad you formed a 'girls club'.  Or is it that you have simply signed up several accounts under different aliases to try to convince others you're a victim.  Pretend to take the night off as Pateiently then coming back under several aliases trying to give yourself a false support of ill-advised commentary.

OCD-hate is what you have.... you fool many...  if your husband left the organization as you now claim years ago..  you would have Never mentioned to the forum "How can I explain 'the meek will inherit the earth' to my jw husband?"

Evidently you have become senile in your old age?  Forgetting who you are under so many different accounts...  the years are just flying by aren't they?  

Like Forest Gump once told a friend of mine... stupid is... stupid does!   Oh... BTW... you were never a JW...you can't leave something you were never part of...   I don't know why Satan has embolden you to lie against holy spirit by claiming you were... oh well... easy come... easy go...

Ezekiel 9:5

And to the others he said in my hearing: “Go through the city after him and strike. Do not let your eye feel sorry, and do not feel any compassion.

Ezekiel 8:18

So I will act in rage. My eye will not feel sorry; nor will I feel compassion. Even though they cry out loudly in my ears, I will not hear them.”

Deuteronomy 19:21

You should not feel sorry: Life will be for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

Ezekiel 7:4

My eye will not feel sorry for you; nor will I feel compassion, for I will bring upon you the results of your own ways, and you will suffer the consequences of your detestable deeds. And you will have to know that I am Jehovah.’

Ezekiel 7:9

My eye will not feel sorry; nor will I feel compassion. I will bring on you the results of your ways, and you will suffer the consequences of your own detestable deeds. And you will have to know that I, Jehovah, am striking you.

Ezekiel 9:10

But as for me, my eye will not feel sorry; nor will I show compassion. The consequences of their way I will bring down on their own head.

Deuteronomy 19:13

You should not feel sorry for him, and you must remove the guilt of innocent blood out of Israel, so that it may go well for you.

You are to destroy all the peoples whom Jehovah your God gives over to you. You must not feel sorry for them, and you must not serve their gods, because that would be a snare to you.

Ezekiel 5:11

“‘Therefore as surely as I am alive,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘because it was my sanctuary that you defiled with all your disgusting idols and with all your detestable practices, I will also reject you; my eye will not feel sorry, and I will show no compassion.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.