The World News Media

'There was no reprimand, nothing changed': Survivors criticise Jehovah's Witness elders for failing to act over child sexual abuse claims

Patiently waiting for Truth

Wednesday 1 September 2021 21:44, UK

https://news.sky.com/story/there-was-no-reprimand-nothing-changed-survivors-criticise-jehovahs-witness-elders-for-failing-to-act-over-child-sexual-abuse-claims-12396672

The Jehovah's Witnesses church says its elders "endeavour to comply with secular laws about reporting allegations of abuse" - but survivors say that does not necessarily translate to helping the authorities.

"I don't like the way he touches me."

That is how Emily described her abuse to elders at the Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall she attended in Loughborough.

Emily (not her real name) was eight-years-old and the man she accused was a ministerial servant in his 60s.

What followed was a series of failings that allowed him to continue abusing children for years to come. Sky News has spoken to several abuse victims who claim there is a culture within the Jehovah's Witnesses that fails those looking for help and puts others at risk.Problems include a failure to report allegations to the police, and a system that requires high levels of proof from the victim, but also allows a repentant abuser to remain within the congregation - at times without other members being told what they have done.Emily was sexually abused from the age of four - but when she reported the crime to elders in 1990, they did not call the police and told her she had made it all up.She told Sky News: "There was a phrase that they used a lot which is 'liars will not inherit God's kingdom', which is basically saying you're going to die at Armageddon, because you're a liar."

Armageddon, according to Jehovah's Witnesses

One survivor said they were treated as liars, and that they would therefore 'die at Armageddon'

It's a long and very truthful article, but well worth reading.

It gives true perspective to the JW Org and the ones that rule it. 

• Views 370
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JW members (the vast majority of them) are lost in their illusions they have accepted from WTJWorg. Because they consider all the people around them, who are not JWs, “enemies” and only themselves the

Wednesday 1 September 2021 21:44, UK https://news.sky.com/story/there-was-no-reprimand-nothing-changed-survivors-criticise-jehovahs-witness-elders-for-failing-to-act-over-child-sexual-abuse-claim

JW members (the vast majority of them) are lost in their illusions they have accepted from WTJWorg. Because they consider all the people around them, who are not JWs, “enemies” and only themselves the only righteous and honest people, who are, as they say, the only true worshipers of God, it brings them into one of the most dangerous situations one can find oneself; proclamation of self-righteousness.

THE WARNINGS AGAINST THE SPIRITUAL CONGREGATION OF GOD. 

Do the Governing Body not understand any of this. 

The sexual immorality within the JW Org / Watchtower Soc' is both physical and spiritual. 

Please read these warnings from Christ to the Anointed ones. Then judge the GB and the JW Org for yourselves.

Revelation

2 : 4  Nevertheless, I hold this against you, that you have left the love you had at first. “‘Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first. If you do not, I will come to you, and I will remove your lampstand from its place, unless you repent.

14 “‘Nevertheless, I have a few things against you, that you have there those adhering to the teaching of Baʹlaam,b who taught Baʹlakc to put a stumbling block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit sexual immorality. 15  In the same way, you also have those adhering to the teaching of the sect of Nic·o·laʹus.e 16  So repent. If you do not, I am coming to you quickly, and  I will war against them with the long sword of my mouth.

20  “‘Nevertheless, I do hold this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezʹe·bel,m who calls herself a prophetess, and she teaches and misleads my slaves to commit sexual immorality and to eat things sacrificed to idols. 21  And I gave her time to repent, but she is not willing to repent of her sexual immorality.22  Look! I am about to throw her into a sickbed, and those committing adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of her deeds. 23  And I will kill her children with deadly plague, so that all the congregations will know that I am the one who searches the innermost thoughts and hearts, and I will give to you individually according to your deeds.

Revelation 3. 1b

‘I know your deeds, that you have the name that you are alive, but you are dead.

Become watchful, and strengthen the things remaining that were ready to die, for I have not found your works fully performed before my God.  Therefore, continue mindful of how you have received and how you heard, and go on keeping it, and repent. Certainly unless you wake up, I will come as a thief, and you will not know at all at what hour I will come upon you. 

15  ‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or else hot. 16  So because you are lukewarm and neither hote nor cold, I am going to vomit you out of my mouth. 17  Because you say, “I am rich and have acquired riches and do not need anything at all,” but you do not know that you are miserable and pitiful and poor and blind and naked, 18  I advise you to buy from me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may become dressed and that the shame of your nakedness may not be exposed, and eyesalve to rub in your eyes so that you may see.

19  “‘All those for whom I have affection, I reprove and discipline.k So be zealous and repent

But here Christ shows love and forgiveness for those that repent. 

Is there yet hope for the GB ? Is there hope for that JW org ? 

The remaining time gets shorter of course. And a last minute false repentence would be useless. Something needs to happen very soon. 

Will the GB step down ? Will the Org get cleaned up ? Or, will a new organsation appear ? 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.