The World News Media

What is our scriptural basis for refusing transfusion of products rendered from blood?

Many Miles

40 minutes ago, Many Miles said:

Georgie, you have unfinished business here:

You still have unresolved matters, my dear opponent. However, I do not share the same burden. Unless you can provide tangible proof of humans consuming spoiled meat before the flood, given that your argument has transitioned from carrion to fat, and since you were unsuccessful in addressing the latter, there is no reason to engage in these ignorant mind games any further.

• Views 7.7k
  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ahh, interpretation of scripture, who can get it right? That is the question. In my opinion, the most important scriptures, those that help us to live as Christians, do not need much interpreting. Whe

Actually, I found the book “Shepherding The Flock Of God“ to be quite valuable. I found absolutely nothing wrong with it, having read every word from cover to cover, although the part dealing abo

Many Miles I am genuinely with hand on my heart so sorry for your pain. no words will extinguish the guilt you feel….personally I do not see that you should think you have any.. I dont know how m

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

How can the leading people in WTJWorg be trusted, on the issue of blood, when they are unable to clearly define the theology on many other issues?

Short answer: they can't.

Their position on transfusion of donor blood is demonstrably wrong. It is not scriptural. It is also internally inconsistent and self-contradictory.

2 minutes ago, George88 said:

You still have unresolved matters, my dear opponent. However, I do not share the same burden. Unless you can provide tangible proof of humans consuming spoiled meat before the flood, given that your argument has transitioned from carrion to fat, and since you were unsuccessful in addressing the latter, there is no reason to engage in these ignorant mind games any further.

Here:

Now you have unfinished business here:

For the general reader, you'll see where George likes to write a lot of words in response to serious issues, but he doesn't like answering simple questions.

Just yesterday I asked George,

As you understand that Bible, could pre-flood humans eat biological fat?  YES or NO?

George doesn't want to answer that question. Readers will make of it what they will, which is as it should be.

6 minutes ago, Many Miles said:

Short answer: they can't.

Their position on transfusion of donor blood is demonstrably wrong. It is not scriptural. It is also internally inconsistent and self-contradictory.

How can you claim to know, when you can't even provide answers to the questions you ask? Jehovah's Witnesses do not accept the consumption of "whole blood," as mentioned in scripture, which entails the four essential components of blood. It is perplexing that former members, who now support blood transfusions, would attempt to argue against this. Their argument appears to lack sincerity.

However, it is important to note that fractionated blood, which only carries oxygen, is not considered to be "whole" blood. This means that it does not fulfill the requirements outlined in scripture. Consequently, the Watchtower organization leaves the decision regarding the use of synthesized blood up to each individual's conscience. They do not impose or coerce anyone into accepting synthesized blood.

However, the current debate focuses on donated blood rather than blood stored by the same individual, which can undergo the same process and thus invalidate the argument.

10 minutes ago, Many Miles said:

For the general reader, you'll see where George likes to write a lot of words in response to serious issues, but he doesn't like answering simple questions.

Just like you, Many. Don't attempt to deceive the public with your nonsense.The main problem with your argument about carrion is the lack of evidence and your inability to support your theory, resulting in being caught in a lie. Now, you have transitioned to another topic, which is "fat," yet your response contradicts what you originally suggested.

However, it is worth noting that "fat" can be divided into animal fat and vegetable fat. In particular, pre-flood humans possessed a significant amount of vegetable fat in their diets.

1 minute ago, George88 said:

However, it is worth noting that "fat" can be divided into animal fat and vegetable fat. In particular, pre-flood humans possessed a significant amount of vegetable fat in their diets.

My question that you keep avoiding does not ask about botanical fat (fat from vegetation/plants). My question asks about biological fat.

Again:

As you understand that Bible, could pre-flood humans eat biological fat?  YES or NO?

5 minutes ago, Many Miles said:

That's a blatant falsehood. Here:

Who is the source of this information? You, lol!

The question remains far too broad. The term "human" can encompass a wide range of applications. Before the flood, there were Adam and Eve, earnestly striving to regain the favor of their Creator through obedience. If we adhere to the dietary guidelines outlined by God to Moses in Leviticus 7:22-27, the answer would be a resounding "no" for those virtuous individuals, including Noah and his family. Considering that you acknowledge your lack of knowledge regarding the pre-flood state of humanity, it becomes evident that we are unaware of whether the disobedient individuals, including the Nephilim, consumed fat, ate spoiled meat, dead carcass, drank blood, etc. Speculating on this matter, like you are urging me to do, is something I am unwilling to engage in.

8 minutes ago, George88 said:

Jehovah's Witnesses do not accept the consumption of "whole blood," as mentioned in scripture, which entails the four essential components of blood. It is perplexing that former members, who now support blood transfusions, would attempt to argue against this. Their argument appears to lack sincerity.

Sorry, the term "whole blood" does not exist in the Bible. The term "main blood components" and the term "blood fractions" do not exist in the Bible. Such terminology cannot be used to prove some religious doctrine, nor can it be attributed to God that by giving a "command" He predicted that in the future people would engage in blood transfusions or that people would create synthetic blood and inject it into veins instead of human blood. That would be speculation.

Also speculation and juggling is what WTJWorg does with their blood transfusion theories, changing them like the sheets in a household are changed every week.
The Bible does not support, in any text, any of the existing WTJWorg doctrine regarding what is acceptable, what is not acceptable, and what is a personal choice regarding blood. These are mere guesses and instructions from GB and their lawyers.

A change of viewpoint among former members is no reason not to reexamine existing doctrine from current members. The change of doctrine becomes actually a necessity and a "good habit" that the Organization applies more and more as something inevitable and praiseworthy. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.