The World News Media

What is our scriptural basis for refusing transfusion of products rendered from blood?

Many Miles

3 minutes ago, George88 said:

It seems that you confused my previous comment. You mentioned carrion in the other topic by which you also mentioned "biological fat" after lying about spoiled meat. I provided specific examples to clarify my point. Therefore, my answer was a clear "no" to using animal fat. Let's continue with your wordplay.

"However, the notion of Seth consuming unhealthy and forbidden foods, such as fatty, decomposed carcasses, spoiled meat, and blood, not ordained by God. "

As a deceitful individual, you possess the ability to manipulate facts to your advantage.

George,

Only you know what you're talking about. Your sentences and paragraphs are so confusing they're like words wrapped around an axle. I want nothing but the best for you.

• Views 7.9k
  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ahh, interpretation of scripture, who can get it right? That is the question. In my opinion, the most important scriptures, those that help us to live as Christians, do not need much interpreting. Whe

Actually, I found the book “Shepherding The Flock Of God“ to be quite valuable. I found absolutely nothing wrong with it, having read every word from cover to cover, although the part dealing abo

Many Miles I am genuinely with hand on my heart so sorry for your pain. no words will extinguish the guilt you feel….personally I do not see that you should think you have any.. I dont know how m

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Many Miles said:

I'll say the same thing to you that district and circuit overseers have said to me, and at least one who used to be at Bethel, lyman Swingle.

Can we conclude that you are actually JWinsider in disguise, and that you are incapable of refraining from engaging in unethical discussions like the closed club?

Much of what you stated is clearly based on your personal interpretation, and misuse of the society's discussions in the matter. 

Just as the Mosaic Law remains, Christians were instructed in the Jewish laws, regardless of whether they were Jewish or Gentile. It is noteworthy that Jesus explicitly stated to his disciples in Matthew 5:17 that he did not come to abolish the law or the prophets, suggesting that the law concerning lineage was still relevant. That means the laws of Moses were to be followed. There is no need to revisit the time of Noah, as God's vision for humanity was being redefined after the great flood.

Hence, any secondhand or thirdhand information is inconsequential. If you desire to criticize the Watchtower further, rely on scripture.

12 minutes ago, Many Miles said:

George,

Christ is the end of the Law.

In order to have a deeper understanding of the teachings of the Bible, it is important to grasp the underlying principles of scripture. Jesus himself discussed this matter in Matthew 19:18. The changes that occurred were primarily related to the additional laws imposed by the Sanhedrin and other authoritative figures.

Is it permissible for Christians to engage in sinful actions such as murder and adultery, since they believe that the law was fulfilled by Christ? In which scripture does it state that? What was the true fulfillment of Jesus?

40 minutes ago, Many Miles said:

George,

Only you know what you're talking about. Your sentences and paragraphs are so confusing they're like words wrapped around an axle. I want nothing but the best for you.

To me, it seems rather ordinary and straightforward what I was alluding to.

6 minutes ago, George88 said:

In order to have a deeper understanding of the teachings of the Bible, it is important to grasp the underlying principles of scripture.

By means of his flesh he abolished the enmity, the Law of commandments consisting in decrees.

6 minutes ago, George88 said:

To me, it seems rather ordinary and straightforward what I was alluding to.

Yes, which is why I said earlier, "Only you know what you're talking about. Your sentences and paragraphs are so confusing they're like words wrapped around an axle. I want nothing but the best for you."

29 minutes ago, Many Miles said:

Yes, which is why I said earlier, "Only you know what you're talking about. Your sentences and paragraphs are so confusing they're like words wrapped around an axle. I want nothing but the best for you."

This signifies that your ability to perceive and possess wisdom is restricted.

31 minutes ago, Many Miles said:

By means of his flesh he abolished the enmity, the Law of commandments consisting in decrees.

Once again, it is absurd to believe that one can justify acts of murder, adultery, theft, and the like simply by arguing that these actions need to be legally sanctioned or decreed. This notion is not only nonsensical, but also greatly misguided.

6 minutes ago, Many Miles said:

"Signifies"!!! LOL. I bet you read the old Babylon book, and UNDERSTOOD IT.

George, if nothing else, you're funny.

I wish nothing but he best for you.

Well, it's good to see that you do have some understanding of the English language, hahaha! You seem surprised that I am interested in reading books about the Bible and biblical history. However, it appears that you have made an incorrect assumption. As an intelligent individual, I was hoping for a better challenge with a knowledgeable person here. I have now added you to my list of regulars. I encourage you to continue learning, and I wish you the very best in your pursuits as well.

7 hours ago, Many Miles said:

Yes. Transfusion of blood is an organ transplant.

Because JWs accept transfusion of product rendered from blood than JWs are exposed to all the dangers of transplantation.

Scripturally the notion of "eating" is something done for nutrition. We can render several products from the donor blood supply.

Let's talk about a product from blood we are supposed to reject, the one called red cells. If you solely transfuse red cells in an attempt at parenteral nutrition the patient will get no nutritional benefit and the patient will die from starvation.

Now let's talk about a product from blood we can accept, the one called cryosupernatant plasma. If you solely transfuse cryosupernatant plasma in an attempt at parenteral nutrition the patient will get nutritional benefit and you have an opportunity to prevent a patient from starving to death.

Hence, in relation to "eating" we have the contradictory position where a product we are told to reject provides no nutritional benefit when administered intravenously where of a product we are told we can accept it does provide nutritional benefit.

You are talking a lot just as the brothers have to talk a lot to explain something so simple…..there is no need to give such a salad of words…..when the brothers explain all of this like you did my eyes just glaze over …..the society talks like it..you talk like it….others talk like it…..for and against and it never ends..over and over and over for years and years I’ve seen this play out on line.

You are talking about eating…about nutrition…it’s nothing to do with either of that…it’s about respect …..Respect to Jehovah….just like Eve was supposed to show respect to a certain fruit from a tree…..blood can be likened to that.

Get away from this medical intellectual word play…yes yes I know the brothers use it and I guess it’s a must at times..but cryosupernatant is still a small part of the full blood…..and a lot of this is straining the gnat talk….if you do not agree with the blood aspect..then best not to get baptised…I would respect and welcome you either way.

13 minutes ago, Thinking said:

You are talking a lot just as the brothers have to talk a lot to explain something so simple…..there is no need to give such a salad of words…..when the brothers explain all of this like you did my eyes just glaze over …..the society talks like it..you talk like it….others talk like it…..for and against and it never ends..over and over and over for years and years I’ve seen this play out on line.

You are talking about eating…about nutrition…it’s nothing to do with either of that…it’s about respect …..Respect to Jehovah….just like Eve was supposed to show respect to a certain fruit from a tree…..blood can be likened to that.

Get away from this medical intellectual word play…yes yes I know the brothers use it and I guess it’s a must at times..but cryosupernatant is still a small part of the full blood…..and a lot of this is straining the gnat talk….if you do not agree with the blood aspect..then best not to get baptised…I would respect and welcome you either way.

I hear you. Now if only a lot of folks could regain the best years of their lives by not taking the society as seriously as they told them to but weren't doing themselves.

For your information, cryosupernatant is not a small part of blood. Cryosupernatant is more than 50 percent of the blood circulating in your veins this very moment. It's no wonder the society does not list it on its charts and graphs of what we can accept as a personal conscience matter. I mean, what message would that send in terms of a "minor fraction"?

For me, this is not medical word play. As an elder I helped parents make decisions about their babies, and some of them died when they could have been saved. it makes me cry to this day just to think about it. Keyboarding this makes me grieve for those babies, and their families.

I do respect you too, either way. Real unity is folks holding common cause despite differences. Unity is not to be confused with uniformity.

The dead babies won't let my eyes glaze over. They keep me up at night.

3 hours ago, Many Miles said:

I hear you. Now if only a lot of folks could regain the best years of their lives by not taking the society as seriously as they told them to but weren't doing themselves.

For your information, cryosupernatant is not a small part of blood. Cryosupernatant is more than 50 percent of the blood circulating in your veins this very moment. It's no wonder the society does not list it on its charts and graphs of what we can accept as a personal conscience matter. I mean, what message would that send in terms of a "minor fraction"?

For me, this is not medical word play. As an elder I helped parents make decisions about their babies, and some of them died when they could have been saved. it makes me cry to this day just to think about it. Keyboarding this makes me grieve for those babies, and their families.

I do respect you too, either way. Real unity is folks holding common cause despite differences. Unity is not to be confused with uniformity.

The dead babies won't let my eyes glaze over. They keep me up at night.

Many Miles I am genuinely with hand on my heart so sorry for your pain. no words will extinguish the guilt you feel….personally I do not see that you should think you have any..

I dont know how many babies you lost in this way..or why this happened.

in my books the blood issue needs to be respected…and you helped some parents when they needed that.You were a pillar of strength. It’s a massive emotional and spiritual burden to take on and you did it in good faith at the time.

I dont know your story thus why you no longer have the same belief as us anymore concerning it.

I sighed loudly when I read your post and thought…what has he been thru.

I have been on line for..oh well…ever so long …and heard many sad stories and I can honestly say…my story has been the saddest of all I have read…..I too wish I could turn back the clock and avoid what lay ahead…but alas..it has only been the internet that uncovered many things for me……………..and Franz’s book made me stronger….NOT weaker in our faith.

Dont let the King Sauls and Korah’s or the JUDAS LIKE brothers force you out.

I hope you find a little scrap of peace brother. I’m barely hanging on but soon this will all be over with and I don’t want to be known by Jehovah for hurting my brothers and sisters……….I write this with much grief xx