The World News Media

Shinzo Abe, 2-time PM of Japan assassinated over "religion"?

JW Insider

I just read that Shinzo Abe's alleged killer assassinated Abe (2020) because he thought that Abe had ties to the Unification Church (aka "Moonies") and because the killer's mother had given so much money to the church that he says it brought his family to ruin. 

This reminded me to ask if anyone here knows if there is any evidence for the rumors that the killer/murderer who shot and killed so many Witnesses in Hamburg was also angry that he had given so much money (millions?) to the Witnesses before becoming disillusioned. (Someone said that he had asked for his contribution back and was refused.)

• Views 148
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

he had given so much money (millions?

I am assuming by millions you mean any amount, even a small amount, but one he could not really afford.  When reading his website, not sure if it's still up, it looked more like he was a wannabe enterpreneur and a strange and unrealistic one at that. It all smacked of someone that had mental problems. On the website he promised he could make potential clients millions (or something like that). I know you also read the same thing. I have not heard that he gave lots of money to the organization, what source is that from? 

1 hour ago, Anna said:

I know you also read the same thing. I have not heard that he gave lots of money to the organization, what source is that from? 

Not a great source. Just a friend with connections in Germany (and Poland, actually) who has often been right about some things. It's pretty obvious to me that he had serious mental problems, but I didn't remember that from his website. I read two initial articles and then saw something rather stupid on a blog comment that "you just KNOW it must be because of JW shunning policy."

Don't get me wrong, I think a lot of our version of shunning is unscriptural, and even the Watchtower's PR and Legal team must agree that it's bad based on how they have to deny it in front of authorities or courts. (Otherwise it creates liabilities for suicides etc.)

But I just thought that if this is true, at least it takes some of heat off the Organization and puts it more squarely on the guy's mental state.  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.