The World News Media

Not sure what to title this.

Matthew9969

I've known young people who committed suicide after being shunned/disfellowshipped. I was one of those who tried to kill himself after being disassociated several years ago. I've talked with dozens of young disfellowshipped ones. In the past 30 years I've talked with parents of children who committed suicide due to being disfellowshipped. I wanted to share this....

How are they going to address the parents of young people that committed suicide after being disfellowshipped or marked? IMO the parent should sue the governing body for emotional manipulation and emotional distress for forcing them to cut off their own children, even grown children. That includes children who died from their parents refusing blood transfusions, knowing they could be disfellowshipped or shunned or marked for doing so.
Or the thousands of x'jws who fell into chemical addictions, dying due to chemical addictions!!!! To deal with the loss of their entire social structure!!!!!!!?
And the worse...the tens of thousands of disfellowshipped/disassociated/marked ones who left God all together, like I once did?

Being allowed to grow a beard, or women being allowed to wear pants during services, so fucking what!!!! That's nice, I've never come across someone killing themselves because they couldn't grow a beard or wear pants. The Governing Body needs to shell out a major apology for their previous stance on disfellowshipping, and I mean a huge fucking apology!!!! The blood of others is not soley on the governing bodies hands, but on the hands of the rank and file who did everything the governing body told them to do. Which was to totally isolate those young people from their social network, even their parents.

Sorry jw's, PIMI, it's too late for these changes, you are already blood guilty, you deserve to go to hell, with your governing body.

• Views 352
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it was around 2018 when I read a news report about a meeting of ex-JWs and non-JW relatives of Witnesses. They met somewhere around Seattle. Several of the attendees supposedly gave reports of

I find this intriguing from the standpoint of someone questioning their beliefs. Could you please share a compelling instance where a young person tragically took their own life as a result of being s

I downvoted you, which I seldom do so it behooves me to give an explanation. You are so clueless it’s embarrassing to read your posts! It is NOT considered “cruel and unusual punishment” to

Posted Images

I find this intriguing from the standpoint of someone questioning their beliefs. Could you please share a compelling instance where a young person tragically took their own life as a result of being shunned, rather than being overwhelmed by the isolation imposed on them by society?

Hence, should those individuals who exaggerate and falsely profess nonsensical ideologies not be deserving of eternal damnation?

Should society be condemned to eternal punishment by a self-proclaimed Christian for the tragic suicides resulting from bullying at school?

https://journalistsresource.org/education/bullying-teen-suicide-social-media-research/

Understanding the distinction regarding an imbalanced state of mind is crucial. It is imperative to acquire the knowledge of comprehending such a concept.

I also know of someone who took their own life after being rejected by society for being a member of the LGBTQ community. The term "shunning" should not be misused to promote harmful behavior, particularly when it comes from a religious individual.

41 minutes ago, George88 said:

I find this intriguing from the standpoint of someone questioning their beliefs. Could you please share a compelling instance where a young person tragically took their own life as a result of being shunned, rather than being overwhelmed by the isolation imposed on them by society?

I think it was around 2018 when I read a news report about a meeting of ex-JWs and non-JW relatives of Witnesses. They met somewhere around Seattle. Several of the attendees supposedly gave reports of suicides among disfellowshipped and shunned teenagers. (And I think there were cases of suicides among those who had suffered sexual abuse either in the congregation or from Witness parents.)

I'm sure you are right that it was more than just the shunning that drove them to suicide, but they definitely were presenting a pattern that indicated shunning as a key factor. It was likely exaggerated somewhat, but the report indicated that shunning and suicide became kind of a theme, and there were about a dozen such cases mentioned. It's probably a serious enough problem that the WTS is right now trying to address this issue by making changes to the process of disfellowshipping teenagers.

1 hour ago, George88 said:

Hence, should those individuals who exaggerate and falsely profess nonsensical ideologies not be deserving of eternal damnation?

Should society be condemned to eternal punishment by a self-proclaimed Christian for the tragic suicides resulting from bullying at school?

https://journalistsresource.org/education/bullying-teen-suicide-social-media-research/

Understanding the distinction regarding an imbalanced state of mind is crucial. It is imperative to acquire the knowledge of comprehending such a concept.

I also know of someone who took their own life after being rejected by society for being a member of the LGBTQ community. The term "shunning" should not be misused to promote harmful behavior, particularly when it comes from a religious individual.

I downvoted you, which I seldom do so it behooves me to give an explanation.

You are so clueless it’s embarrassing to read your posts!

It is NOT considered “cruel and unusual punishment” to execute people for crimes. It is considered “cruel and unusual punishment” to deny communications and citizenship to anyone, no matter how heinous they break the rules.  

Humans need the connections to other humans, same as food, water and air. Take Vitamin C out of a human’s diet and he WILL DIE , slowly and very painfully, his body disintegrating and falling apart. 

The same with disfellowshipping for matters that are not true, clear and present, REAL, emergencies.

That’s why Jesus gave instructions in Matthew 18 EXACTLY how to do it.

Do JWs do it that way?

… not even close.

The problem is … historically, organized religions and their minions LOVE a witch hunt.

For example, secondhand information, such as what a past poster heard but did not witness regarding child abuse, may be considered acceptable by uninformed individuals. However, it falls short in terms of reliability even for secular authorities. Personally, I believe that gossip should not be treated as a trustworthy source unless it is substantiated by solid evidence.
Therefore, unless you were present to witness the instance of a young person taking their own life due to religious shunning, then you should provide evidence.

However, the information provided by Matthew, Pudgy's sock puppet, is completely meaningless. You must provide conclusive evidence disproving the existence of any other mitigating factors associated with the suicide, such as mental illness.

Unless you are a doctor or psychiatrist, I don't believe anyone here is qualified to give a professional opinion.
Therefore, discussing the disfellowship policy does not provide a clear basis for shunning that meets the criteria for being a direct cause of suicide that has been proven in a court of law. It should not be assumed by individuals identifying as JWs. Making baseless accusations can lead to being disfellowshipped, so it might be wise to keep one's thoughts to oneself.

@Pudgy

I was notified. I have no interest in your baseless criticism, so at what point did you think that I would be concerned about how frequently you downvote my comments? Opinions are plentiful, and I have no intention of valuing or acknowledging any in this place, especially those that are apostate.

Perhaps, someday, in the far distant future, somewhere around Armageddon or World War III, the Governing Body will decide that they are going to follow the instructions that Jesus gave on how the Congregation should be governed and operated … as detailed exactly In Matthew the 18th chapter.

Then … Freedom and Liberty and Justice will be proclaimed throughout the land, and there will be life everlasting in the Freedom of the adopted sons of God.

7D39E7F3-88B8-4855-93B7-B570CF39D68B.jpeg

The issue was never about me "pudgy"; it was about the public being misled by apostates and individuals claiming to be Jehovah's witnesses. They are tarnishing Jehovah's name and sovereignty with their misguided actions.

Jehovah’s name and sovereignty cannot be “tarnished”.  

The opinions and ideas and slanders of mentally ill earthworms cannot tarnish humans.

Same thing.

The Sovereign Creator of the Universe is not a pouty liberal snowflake.

… and, Georgie, if your reading comprehension was not so blinded by your Agenda, you would have read that my explaining my downvote had NOTHING to do with you … it was a common courtesy I felt was necessary.

Me … not you.

16 hours ago, Pudgy said:

I downvoted you, which I seldom do so it behooves me to give an explanation.

Knowing your propensity to misunderstand everything, I half-expected a protest against horseshoes.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.