The World News Media

The wonderful world of ChatGPT!! . . . and "humor"?

JW Insider

I pay $20 a month to OpenAI to play with their 4.0+ version of ChatGPT. It's not really an expense because I still do some remote consulting for a tech company in Ohio. 

Today, I decided to try out its ability to draw pictures on demand. I wanted a picture of a man about to curse because he just hit his thumb with a hammer, and I want his wife, to put her fingers in the "ears" of their pet parrot, so that the parrot doesn't pick up any bad words to repeat.

So here goes:

Prompt: 

I need a New Yorker style cartoon containing man hammering a nail in the wall and accidentally hitting his thumb. At the same time a woman, presumably his wife, is standing next to a tall perch where a parrot appears oblivious and she, the wife, is putting her fingers in the ears of a parrot.

image.png

A New Yorker style cartoon depicting a humorous domestic scene. A man is clumsily hammering a nail into the wall, his facial expression showing pain as he accidentally hits his thumb instead. Next to him, a woman, presumably his wife, stands by a tall perch where a parrot sits, seemingly oblivious to the commotion. The woman, with a bemused look, is putting her fingers in the parrot's ears to protect it from the noise. The setting is a cozy living room with hints of classic and quirky decoration that adds to the charm and wit of the scene. The drawing captures the light-hearted and slightly absurd nature of everyday mishaps.

Not terrible, but it didn't get the right idea about the parrot's ears being covered.

So I try again:

• Views 278
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I pay $20 a month to OpenAI to play with their 4.0+ version of ChatGPT. It's not really an expense because I still do some remote consulting for a tech company in Ohio.  Today, I decided to try o

Me: Keep the same picture, but have the woman holding the index finger of each hand at both sides of the parrot's head as if she is trying to cover the parrot's ears to keep the parrot from hearing wh

Me:  I like the black and white version better, and the parrot should be back on a perch which should be just like the first picture you drew, but with t

Posted Images

Me: Keep the same picture, but have the woman holding the index finger of each hand at both sides of the parrot's head as if she is trying to cover the parrot's ears to keep the parrot from hearing whatever the man is saying.

image.png

I've adjusted the scene according to your instructions. The woman is now holding her index fingers at both sides of the parrot's head, attempting to cover its ears.

Not quite. So I try again:

Me: 

I like the black and white version better, and the parrot should be back on a perch which should be just like the first picture you drew, but with the pole a bit shorter so that the women is just slightly taller than the perch, and can more easily put her fingers at each side of the parrots head, but touching the parrots head at each side so it appears that she is trying to stop the parrot from hearing

last.png

Me: No, if you remember what you drew in the very first picture. The man should have just hit his finger or thumb with a hammer while trying to hammer a nail in the wall. The woman should be next to the parrot. She should be pointing her left index finger at the parrot's ear, and she should point her right finger at the parrots other ear. But her index fingers should be close enough to be touching the parrot.

onemore.png

I believe Chat GBT is having trouble with the word “covered”. 

Try this: “Draw a black an white New Yorker style cartoon with a man in bib overalls facing a wall, who has just hit his thumb with a hammer and is screaming  special character profanity in a text balloon with a woman behind him dressed in a housedress and apron with her two index fingers touching the ear holes of a stupid looking parrot on a perch”

Alternately, a non-sequiter style cartoon of the Delorean from “Back to the Future” in an abandoned shopping mall parking lot, with Dr. Emmett Brown slamming his hand in the car door, and exclaiming in a text balloon “Great Scott! and random fluctuations at 1.21 gigawatts in the spacetime continuum!!”, with Marty McFly watching in horror.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.