Last Reply

Replies

Views

Bible Speaks -
Witness -

Top Posters

Are We Living in “the Last Days”?

Jehovah knows what the future holds. (Isaiah 46:10

Soon after he received Kingdom power, Jesus took action. “War broke out in heaven,” says the Bible. “Michael [another name for Jesus] and his angels battled with the dragon [Satan the Devil], and the dragon and its angels battled.” Satan and his wicked angels, the demons, lost that war and were cast out of heaven to the earth. 

God’s faithful spirit sons rejoiced that Satan and his demons were gone. Humans, however, would experience no such joy. Instead, the Bible foretold: “Woe for the earth . . . because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.”—Revelation 12:7, 9, 12.

Please notice what would result from the war in heaven. In his fury, Satan would bring woe, or trouble, upon those on earth. As you will see, we are now living in that time of woe. But it will be relatively brief—only “a short period of time.” 

Even Satan realizes that. The Bible refers to this period as “the last days.” (2 Timothy 3:1) How glad we can be that God will soon do away with the Devil’s influence over the earth! Let us consider some of the things foretold in the Bible that are happening right now. These prove that we are living in the last days and that God’s Kingdom will soon bring everlasting blessings to those who love Jehovah. First, let us examine four features of the sign that Jesus said would mark the time in which we live.

•“Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom.” (Matthew 24:7)

•“There will be food shortages.” (Matthew 24:7

•There will be great earthquakes.” (Luke 21:11

•“There will be . . . pestilences.” (Luke 21:11

(Read 2 Timothy 3:1-5.) 

Paul said that people would be

• lovers of themselves
  • lovers of money
  • disobedient to parents
  • disloyal
  • having no natural affection
  • without self-control
  • fierce
  • lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God
  • having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power

• “This good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth,” said Jesus Christ in his prophecy about “the conclusion of the system of things.” (Read Matthew 24:3, 14.) 

• The last days are marked by wars, food shortages, earthquakes, and pestilences.—Matthew 24:7; Luke 21:11.

• In the last days, many love themselves, money, and pleasures but do not love God.—2 Timothy 3:1-5.

• During these last days, the good news of the Kingdom is being preached worldwide.—Matthew 24:14.

Learn how to survive these times.       Ask for a free Bible study today! 

jw.org

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102005139?q=earth+in+trouble&p=par

IMG_2914.JPG

We  all  know,  we  are  living  in  the  last  days  since  many  many  years !   The  ENDTIME  is  coming  nearer  and  nearer.  The  Bible  tells  us  and  we  can  watching  all  that  around  the  world.  -----   But  we  don't  know  the  year, month, day  or  hour.....   SO,  keep  on  the  watch,  every  day !

20 hours ago, Bible Speaks said:

Let us consider some of the things foretold in the Bible that are happening right now. These prove that we are living in the last days and that God’s Kingdom will soon bring everlasting blessings to those who love Jehovah.

“Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God will come, He answered them, “The kingdom of God is not coming with something observable;  no one will say, ‘Look here!’ or ‘There!’ For you see, the kingdom of God is among you.” Luke 17:20,21

“The Pharisees and Sadducees approached, and as a test, asked Him to show them a sign from heaven.

He answered them: “When evening comes you say, ‘It will be good weather because the sky is red.’ And in the morning, ‘Today will be stormy because the sky is red and threatening.’ You know how to read the appearance of the sky, but you can’t read the signs of the times. An evil and adulterous generation demands a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah.” Then He left them and went away.”  Matt 16:1-4

“Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom.”

Does the birth of God’s Kingdom come from Satan’s world? 

Job 14:4 - Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean?
No one!

Satan’s world does not give birth to the Kingdom, instead, it is the “woman”/New Covenant. Rev 12:2; Gal 4:26; Eph 4:13; Rev 12:5; 9:4; 7:3; Jer 25:29-34

John 18:36 -  “My kingdom is not of this world,” said Jesus. “If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I wouldn’t be handed over to the Jews. As it is, My kingdom does not have its origin here.”

“They are not of the world,
as I am not of the world.”  John 17:16

Eph 6:12 –  “For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens.”

The signs of the Great Tribulation comes upon God’s anointed ones, his “kings”.  These “kings” and their “nations” are at war – spiritual kings who have either fallen for Satan’s lies, or are strictly sided with Christ and truth. Rev 16:14; 19:19 They war against one another.  Rev 17:2,12,14,16-18; 11:7; 19:11,14; 2 Cor 10:4

Rev 17:6; 18; 18:24; 2 Pet 3:10

The food shortages and pestilence of Matt 24:7 and Luke 21:11 is outlined in Amos 8:11, the lack of truth and its resulting sickness.  Ezek 28:23,24; Isa 5:13; Hos 4:6; Rev 16:2,11; 2 Thess 2:11,12; Rev 2:21-23; Rev 18:8; (Rev 12:15,6,14)

Jesus spoke in parables.  If we were to look into Satan’s world for the understanding of these signs, what need would there be for parables?  This is where our exertion is vital to get through the narrow gate, putting our full reliance on the Father for His Spirit to help us see.  Matt 13:10-15

The “earthquakes” experienced by God’s anointed ones as the “labor pains” continue until the birth of God’s Kingdom, are the spiritual upheavals we all face when realizing that what we believed as truth, is instead, the lie.  2 Thess 2:11,12

"I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood.  And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. Jer 24:2,3;29:17; Isa 34:4; Matt 25:2;24:29

Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. Isa 34:4; Mark 13:24,25  15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?” Rev 6:12-17

It is the separating taking place during the harvest of the wheat and the weeds – the heart’s inclination to either truth or lies.   Ezek 38:19; Zech 14:4,5; Matt 13:39,41,49; Mal 3:18; Heb 12:27

“When they persecute you in one town, escape to another. For I assure you: You will not have covered the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.”  Matt 10:23

Within the realm of spiritual Israel – the anointed ones -  is where we look for the signs of the coming Kingdom.  Matt 10:6,7; 24:33

It is too easy to see what Satan is doing in his world.  Since Satan desires to take down Christ’s seed (Gen 3:15) it is clear that he would divert the attention of the real war at hand by creating the scenario of Jesus words as a literal fulfillment, and not a spiritual one. 

• Topics

• So the " great crowd"  will learn all things by themselves?  They do not need an organized  place to attend meetings? .... which is instructed by the bible to attend so we can strengthen each other? This is why I call you out as misleading and false....... where is your worldwide organization which is providing place for people of all nations to gather and worship jehovah?  And teach them live and neutrality so they truly view themselves as one nation with no borders dividing them...... There are so many other scriptures which indicate otherwise while you create an argument over the only scripture that 'may' indicate it because of an argument over a preposition....... are you changing the entire truth based on your 'desire' to start 'ruling now?    We are being 'taught ' now by that 'slave'  you hate.     But you may be running ahead about the 1000 year reign..... don't you think?   Don't be patronizing to me..... I know that because of jehovahs spirit working in them.   But the bible clearly indicates that they will judge and rule when they are in heaven......   
    • Nothing is beyond your extreme criticism lol.  Go buy yourself a little patch in London or in any other capital city like New York and see what it costs you.   If they needed a space for someone or a worker, or even for guests or whatever, they would have bought it because it was needed at the time and is now no longer needed.   Says the exceedingly worldly guy......  If they sell the property to help brothers they are wicked and if they buy it to help brothers they are wicked....... do you sound reasonable to yourselves?   Thanks to Jehovah you are not the final judges because you will put all JWs in Auschwitz......just for being JWs..... ah, you may still help the world to do that in future ..... who knows? 
    • Now I understand why many executives disallow any reports to them longer than one page. They KNOW how easy it is to be hypnotized by many words, which for some, is a finely tuned art form.
    • Lol. Same thoughts here. That is why I posted it, genuinely wondering if anyone really read it when it was first published. But then people did read a lot more 50 years ago...... but then they also might have been clueless and just, like I said, zeroed in on the number 1975, which was a mere 7 years away at the time..... If it's any consolation, I only read to about paragraph 10 😃
    • Nope we can’t blame their lack of inspiration by Holy Spirit on distance.  What they do blame it on, is Jesus.  Of course, Jesus did not tell us that his faithful slave would produce perfect spiritual food. w17 February p. 26 In light of this admittance, what is absolutely ironic is the emphasis on “pure language”. It is especially noteworthy that the language that God gives his servants is said to be pure. This is true, not because of grammatical construction, but because it gives evidence of moral and spiritual cleanness. There is no allowance in this language for lying, deceit, or a tricky tongue. Those who speak this language must always speak truth. w91 4/1 p. 24-25 The organization boasts that “pure language” is found in the organization, when at the same time its leaders fail in providing truth.  Jesus did promise to teach his faithful servants “all things”, which would be “perfect spiritual food”.  John 14:26; 1 John 2:27  Since the GB cannot receive it, neither do they receive the “pure language” from God...or anyone who learns from them.        
    • Anna: .... I tried to read all that stuff from the 1968 Watchtower you posted.  I REALLY did. But I concluded that the whole thing could probably be condensed to two short paragraphs, and to read it in it's entirety would probably be fatal to me, from the handful of caffeine tablets I would need to finish it. ...continuing with TTH's comments about John F. Kennedy being the impetus to get mankind to the Moon ..... the thought just occurred to me that with all his foibles, weaknesses, and missteps, ( Bay of Pigs .. what's THAT?), and setting the stage for the Vietnam War, etc., he was sorta like the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, with all their foibles and general cluelessness. What he did RIGHT ... makes up for everything else, with change left over. Same thing.
    • My opening scriptures were Rev 5:9,10.  If you will look again at the WT’s Greek Interlinear, it states that the kings/priests will reign ON the earth.  Do you want to change that truth, Arauna?  If you could only see that a “new creation” is both heavenly and human.  They will serve God in heaven and as the early priests were commissioned to do – teach and serve the people under the direction of their High Priest, Jesus Christ..  Mal 2:7; Rev 1:5,6; 7:15  Can God’s priesthood teach the people if they remain in a spiritual state that the rest of God’s children do not have access to?  Can they say these words and be heard if they are out of contact with God’s future children?... “And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And the one who hears, let him say, “Come!” And the one who is thirsty, let him come. The one who wants, let him take the water of life freely.”  Rev 22:17 Can “New Jerusalem” prepared as a bride, come down from heaven if it is to remain in heaven?  Rev 22:2 Remember, the “144,000” are the Temple, the Holy City.  They bring God’s Spirit/direction/guidance to His children.   And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling of God is with humanity, and he will take up residence with them, and they will be his people and God himself will be with them.  Rev 21:3 The dwelling of God is the Temple/House of God – 1 Cor 3:16,17; 1 Cor 6:19; Eph 2:20-22 So, his ability to come back to earth has now passed.  Is this what you are saying?  Where are the scriptures that support this?  I have provided scripture that show Jesus returning to the earth. And after he had said these things, while they were watching, he was taken up, and a cloud received him from their sight. 10 And as they were staring into the sky while he was departing, behold, two men in white clothing stood by them 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand there lookin] into the sky? This Jesus who was taken up from you into heaven like this will come back in the same way you saw him departing into heaven!” Acts 1:9-11 And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “And let all the angels of God worship him.”  Heb 1:6  I am pretty amazed that Gen 28:12-17 and John 1:51 do not help you see that Jesus will be on the earth in the Kingdom.  I hope you actually read them.  A symbolic stairway in Jacob's vision is set up between heaven and earth.  The descendants of Jacob in Genesis, are “Israel”.  His descendants, the “144,000” inherit the earth.  Jesus referred to the stairway again in John, with his “angel”/messengers “ascending and descending” upon the Son of Man.   An anointed, refined and found faithful can be sealed while on the earth.  Yet even so, their obedience only to Christ must continue until he returns.  1 Cor 1:21,22; Eph 1:13; 4:30 Can you see you are creating a doctrine with no sound basis?  How do you know this?  You speak of unity among all in the organization, yet they are all individuals, both men and women.  You have even in error, designated that the organization's members are the Body of Christ.  But, when it comes the the true anointed Body of Christ you now say there will be no men or women, but clones as your GB portray them, once God's Kingdom arrives.  You are applying two sets of standards, which is hypocrisy.    Yes they do...in heaven.   You can see the slaves however you like, but I detect you looking through the lens of the GB who are telling all JWs lies about the anointed ones.  I see what scripture points out clearly, that the elders have usurped the role of God’s priesthood. Matt 24:15,16; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 11:1-3; 13:6  Revelation’s “Jezebel” feeds God’s servants/slaves lies, and expects gratitude given to an organization, an idol.  Your very words speak their lies. The ancient Jezebel killed the prophets of God (1 Kings 18:13);  today’s “Jezebel” spiritually “kills” any anointed as well as their companions who see truth and reveal “her” lies.  Rev 13:11,14-17 But I have against you that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, the one who calls herself a prophetess,(Rev 13:11) and teaches and deceives my slaves to commit sexual immorality (spiritual harlotry) and to eat food sacrificed to idols.  Rev 2:20 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear, and will produce great signs and wonders in order to deceive, if possible, even the elect    
  • Popular Now