The World News Media

"The earth will be shaken out of its place At the fury of Jehovah of armies in the day of his burning anger." ?????

Bible Speaks

"The earth will be shaken out of its place At the fury of Jehovah of armies in the day of his burning anger." (Isa.13:13).

?????

Babylon is not yet the dominant world power. Yet, issuing a proclamation through Isaiah, Jehovah looks to the time when she will occupy that position, and he foretells her fall. He says: “Howl, you people, for the day of Jehovah is near! As a despoiling from the Almighty it will come.” (Isaiah 13:6

?????

Yes, Babylon’s boasting will be replaced by grief-filled howling. Why? Because of “the day of Jehovah,” the day when Jehovah executes judgment against her.

?????

Jehovah says: I shall certainly bring home its own badness upon the productive land, and their own error upon the wicked themselves. And I shall actually cause the pride of the presumptuous ones to cease, and the haughtiness of the tyrants I shall abase.” (Isaiah 13:11

?????

The outpouring of Jehovah’s wrath will be punishment for Babylon’s cruelty to God’s people. The whole land will suffer because of the badness of the Babylonians. No longer will these proud tyrants openly defy Jehovah!

?????

Jehovah says: “I shall make mortal man rarer than refined gold, and earthling man rarer than the gold of Ophir.” (Isaiah 13:12

?????

Yes, the city will come to be depopulated, waste. Jehovah continues: “That is why I shall cause heaven itself to become agitated, and the earth will rock out of its place at the fury of Jehovah of armies and at the day of his burning anger.” (Isaiah 13:13

?????

Babylon’s “heaven,” her multitude of gods and goddesses, will be agitated, unable to help the city in its time of need. “The earth,” the Babylonian Empire, will be rocked out of place, passing into history as just another dead empire. “It must occur that, like a gazelle chased away and like a flock without anyone to collect them together, they will turn, each one to his own people; and they will flee, each one to his own land.” (Isaiah 13:14

?????

Jehovah says: “Down to Sheol you will be brought, to the remotest parts of the pit. Those seeing you will gaze even at you; they will give close examination even to you, saying, ‘Is this the man that was agitating the earth, that was making kingdoms rock, that made the productive land like the wilderness and that overthrew its very cities, that did not open the way homeward even for his prisoners?’” (Isaiah 14:15-17) The ambitious dynasty will come down to Hades (Sheol), just like any human.

?????

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102000034?q=isa+13%3A13&p=par

IMG_6884.JPG

• Views 939
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

"The earth will be shaken out of its place At the fury of Jehovah of armies in the day of his burning anger." (Isa.13:13). ????? Babylon is not yet the dominant world power. Yet, issuing a p

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.