The World News Media

Blocking Trolls the Star Trek Way!

TrueTomHarley

I blocked quite a few trolls yesterday. I didn’t really want to block them—it is a first for me—but the nature of trolls everywhere is that they do nothing but insist upon their own view. If answered, they just repackage and run it through again, and they get downright ornery when countered. Soon you find that they have taken over your day, because they will not let your counterview stand—they must demolish it. 

They are not even wrong, necessarily, in the basic facts they may present—but they insist upon skewing them and imputing motives, invariably bad ones, to their former friends. It is like that job you left—either you quit or were fired, You are unlikely to speak well of it again, unless it clearly was a stepping stone job or a career change.

All their chums join the fray. In time, you are doing nothing else but countering these characters. They will not be swayed—as trolls never are. In our case, it is the verse: “Taste and see that Jehovah is good.” They have tasted and pronounced him bad. Are you going to turn them around in a few 280-character tweets? I don’t think so.

There is a part of me that will miss them, but they just will not behave. A writer needs a muse, but he also needs a villain. Social media is VillainsRUs, but you soon find that they are taking over your life—plus the neighbors begin to complain. It is like when you change to another genre and find trolls that insist Trump must hang for anything that has happened “on his watch,” and then you switch channels to find those insisting that Obama or Hillary must hang for whatever happened “on their watch.” Who can deal with that vitriol? We will know what is what when the fat lady signs—a reference that I soon will not be able to use due the latest development of political correctness—“fat-shaming”—although I did learn over the weekend that Brother Herd, who may not even know what political correctness is, will never reprove me for it.

When the time came, I cut them down like Captain Kirk used to cut down Romulans. I deliberately mixed up two Star Trek series so that they would tell me how stupid I was to think that Wesley Crusher was Dr. McCoy’s son. It is like when Trump tweets that North Korea has launched its nuclear missels toward the U.S. People of good sense run for the hills. Trolls run to their keyboards to point out that the idiot can’t even spell the word right. Whether they actually did it or not, I will never know—for they had been blocked:

“Space. The final frontier. These are the voyages of the StarShip TrueTom, whose mission is to boldly go where no one has gone before to tell us what’s out there! Report, TrueTom. What have you found in your valiant quest? What’s out there!”

“Roger that, Houston. I am afraid that the report is bad. It is a universe of trolls! Aren’t there any parallel universes around anywhere? They’re everywhere! In the cupboards, in the closets, in the toilets...mostly there. Let’s beam them over to the Klingon ship!”

“You have go-ahead, TrueTom. Use you digression.”

“Got it, Houston. Phasers locked. Fire at will! Mr Solo! Let’s take out the first wave of these vile aliens. Shields, up! There may be a second wave!”

“Captain, the engines—they can’t take it!”

“Suck it up, Scotty. What do you think I pay you for?”

“Mr. Spock, get Roy Romulan on the phone. Let’s patch up our little spat. He’s not such a bad guy after all.”

“Jean Luc, Wesley says that you are wuss for not staying to fight the trolls.”

“Tell the young snot to return to the helm. And tell him to try not to graze the side of the Ferengi ship this time. See if you can renew his learner’s permit once again.”

“Captain, are you certain that you should block all these Trolonians, like that hothead McCoy wants? I advise that we preserve some for study.”

“What! Are you, too, a Trolonian? Search and see that no prophet is to be raised up from Trolonia! Blast away, Jim!”

“Captain, one of those vile aliens exploded in my face! Look at all this green goo!”

“Wesley, you young idiot! Did you learn nothing from that “Men in Black” training video? Listen, ride outside on the wing for awhile until the stench wears off! I’ll tell your mom that you went fishing.”

“Captain, it isn’t logical that you should have put up with those trolls all that time.”

“Zip it, Spock! He was going for the StarFleet world record for Troll Endurance. Now that he has it—it came in the mail today—blast away at all those suckers!”

Captain, the first wave has fallen, but it is as you said: “Kill a fly and 50 come to the funeral!” What can we do?”

“Hmm. What! Solo, you idiot! I said phasers! You have activated the tractor beam! Gasp! Are you a trolonian, too—et tu, Brutus?”

“Captain, the engines!”

”Oh for crying out loud Scotty! What a pain you are!”

• Views 256
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I blocked quite a few trolls yesterday. I didn’t really want to block them—it is a first for me—but the nature of trolls everywhere is that they do nothing but insist upon their own view. If answered,

I still might not have done it but for the fact that the neighbors start to complain. I do have an obligation, after all, to the relatively few Twitter followers that I do have. Some are JWs. Some are

These people have OCD.    They do the same thing over and over.  It is like a mild mental illness and they cannot control it.  Their dominant pattern of thinking has got a glitch.  They come across as normal except for their hate of jehovah's people. 

I do not waste my time any longer. Got better things to do than answer those who are wolves in sheeps clothing. 

48 minutes ago, Arauna said:

These people have OCD.    They do the same thing over and over.  It is like a mild mental illness and they cannot control it.  Their dominant pattern of thinking has got a glitch.  They come across as normal except for their hate of jehovah's people. 

I do not waste my time any longer. Got better things to do than answer those who are wolves in sheeps clothing. 

I still might not have done it but for the fact that the neighbors start to complain. I do have an obligation, after all, to the relatively few Twitter followers that I do have. Some are JWs. Some are not. Both are overwhelmed when I permit a deluge of vitriolic tweets. I owe them a certain atmosphere.

When I tried to register “TomHarley” I found that the name was taken. “RealTomHarley” (now I see why Trump did it) made me sound political. So I did “TrueTomHarley.” I never intended the moral implication. However, it probably enrages the trolls, and I kind of like it for that reason.

For the sake of the innocent bystanders I would answer.  Jesus only answered the pharisees when bystanders could benefit. 

The hate of us is growing all over the internet for all kind of reasons. And those with agendas are milking the few pedophile cases to the extreme.  

Compared to the Epstein case and the totally rotten top echelons of society implicated in pedophile rings in USA and England for the last 40 years and the tales of how serious pedophile crimes were swept under the rug by FBI and legal system  - some  snuffed out - figuratively and literally-  our organization will have to pay for being negligent to report suspects.  Even if the laws to report it was not yet legislated so many years ago.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.