The World News Media

io.porog

1 hour ago, Giannis Diamantis said:

No I didn't say that I believe something like that !

this reasoning has been used by the JW.ORG publications all the time. As for the translation NWT ... is just a translation...
unfortunately I don't have demons dictate me whether a bible verse is true or false. Only "Westcott and Hort" had this ability ... oh yes also Johannes Greber and the New World Translation of Jehovah's witnesses.

As for the Matthew verse I don't think your problem is whether or not this is what Jesus taught because we can find similar words on Mark 9:29. I think your problem and the problem of the people you represent (JW.org) is the fact that the new testament don't teach to call on Jehovah's name but teaches to call on Jesus name! Because you don't want people to know that the name Jehovah is an imaginary name given by Masoretes in 10th century, without any power and use. Yes I saw with my own eyes that calling on the name you teach is useless. Only the name of Jesus was worthy of calling... praying ... and repenting. Of course I don't believe that Jesus is equal to his Father, but I do believe that to Jesus have been given the name above any other name.This is my humble opinion, you are free to agree or not.

Stephanus-Textus_Receptus.jpg

You first used a spurious Bible verse to say that 'by prayer and fasting'. Then, used 'calling on the name of Jesus' that one would be healed from voices. Since I have a diagnosed medical condition as shown by the tags for this post, you implied, knowingly or unknowingly, then that the condition was a demonic one. Your further posts show the same inclination.

By the way, I believe the '84 revision of the KIT (Kingdom Interlinear Translation) takes any argument about Johannes Greber's background out of the equation. Why not start a new thread on that topic.

Your assertions are just that, assertions. I cannot accept assertions. There is plenty of hear say surrounding Westcott and Hort, I choose not believe every statement particularly from those opposed and biased to their work. 

I'm guessing that neither of us is a scholar so we can put away the Greek documents for now. 

Sorry, but Joel 2: 32 is directly quoted at Roman 10: 13. If you have a look you'll notice that Joel says that all those who call upon the name of Jehovah will be saved. What you are referring to is the name Jehovah is not found in the NT manuscripts, that does not mean Jehovah is not meant when the OT is quoted. By cross referencing the scriptures we arrive at the understanding as well as the J documents (J7,8,10,13-18,22-24)which confirm that Jehovah is meant at Romans 10: 13. But, maybe that discussion is for another thread. 

• Views 2.8k
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*** w03 5/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers *** Questions From Readers If a Christian hears voices, does that necessarily mean that he is under demon attack? No. While demons have been rep

I have difficulty following the logic in John Houston's answer, probably he has previous answers sorted by rating rather than date. I would recommend the answer given by Melinda Mills. Pleas

What is the difference between epilepsy and being possessed by demons today? Ones who try to use names as talisman find this does not work or that they may have a true medical condition, but having ep

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Giannis Diamantis said:

first of all I would like to thank you for your great hospitality here in theworldnewsmedia .org
How I will answer to you if you block me??? How hypocrites you are !

I personally have not blocked you, but having worked on another forum for a few years I know that blocking really depends on two things, one is has the person being blocked had complaints about or breached the guidelines. 2) Is the membership of that person in the best interests of the forum. If your, information relies heavily of hear say and misinformation maybe that could be the case.

4 hours ago, Epiraima said:

By cross referencing the scriptures we arrive at the understanding as well as the J documents (J7,8,10,13-18,22-24)which confirm that Jehovah is meant at Romans 10: 13. But, maybe that discussion is for another thread.

I think God's name is meant, it is not meant the name "Jehovah".... there is another thread by me here:

4 hours ago, Epiraima said:

I personally have not blocked you

Of course not you ... but someone who have access to the management of this forum did... without telling me anything. Just because i make questions he don't like.  He started by misplacing my questions... look here for example:

Thank you for those links. I see that others are trying to answer you there, so I don't want to cause confusion or disorder by adding my 2 cents :) I think that if there are problems there is a constructive way to express it and a destructive way to express it. 

As regards God's name - our main reason for choosing the English spelling "Jehovah" is because it is the most commonly known version of God's name. But there are other reasons as well such the spelling of other Biblical names.

The fact that the vowels were added in the second millennium C.E is a good point you raise and it maybe sometime before debate about that settles. It certainly won't be settled here over night.

• 5 months later...

Wow, how interesting to read all of this. Mental illness and Spiritual illness are very different! I have suffered from them both, however I have never heard any voices. On the other hand my daughter has, she is 32 years old and my granddaughter who is 12 has as well. My family has a long history of mental illness and NO WE ARE NOT DEMON POSSESSED! My grandson has Epilepsy since he was  2 years old,my mother suffered from Schizophrenia. Now I must say the only people in this picture here that are in the "truth" are me and my daughter. It may at sometimes feel that Satan is causing the illness we have or some of its effects on us but clearly it is not. Satan may cause us to think more of our self then necessary, feeling we are to sick or we may blame him. He can influence a person more while in this state. It may be true that in some cases Satan can cause some to hear see and feel things, however I believe this influence is much different then truly diagnosed Mental Illness. I am not saying that mind altering drugs or medication can not open the way for demon possession because it can. I am just saying that Mental Illness is not Demon Possession. We just have to rely on pray and supplication to rid our self of any feeling of this.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.