The World News Media

What Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Have Against College?

TrueTomHarley

What do Jehovah’s Witnesses have against college? 
Why is their average income the lowest of all faiths? 
What is their policy regarding child sexual abuse ? 
Where are they with homophobia? 
Were the New World Translation writers qualified? 

Tom Irregardless and Me takes on these questions, and more.

www.smashwords.com Search: Tom Harley

temp coupon LF95H makes it free.

image.jpeg

• Views 2.2k
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where is the photo from? Is that the Charles River circa Cambridge, circa 1914? Or 1936 Olympics? Can't find it on the internet. If Cambridge, it's an amazingly different view from now. My son's

JW Insider, it is from the family's collection. It is from Ithaca, Cornell University 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TrueTom said:

What do Jehovah’s Witnesses have against college? 

Where is the photo from? Is that the Charles River circa Cambridge, circa 1914? Or 1936 Olympics? Can't find it on the internet.

If Cambridge, it's an amazingly different view from now. My son's dorm from 2013 to 2015 was 10 floors up along the Charles where a more modern version of this same sight is common.

I have nothing against college, by the way -- except for the high costs, drinking and drug problems, promiscuity, exploitation of young people, ideological bias in teaching and grading, etc. In spite of that, my youngest son recently graduated with honors with his degree in physics and music. I'm proud enough to mention it here.

The very gods do battle in Tom Irregardless and Me: the god of education, the god of qualifications, the god of multi-tasking, the god of football, the god of the adversarial judicial system, the god of the sex offender registry, the god of scientific rigor, the god of blood transfusions.

Take cover while they thrash it out! Will any be left standing? Who cares? They're all morons anyway.

Download 'Tom Irregardless and Me.' 30% free preview. Then we'll talk.

They have nothing against college. But really should we be making a career of extending our material world, since we truly believe this one is ending, right? I got my degree, but ledtthe field because it called me away from my spiritual duties as family head of household. There were other ways to care for sustenance and covering, and put spiritual things first, as was advised by scripture. If we remember, our very Lord and Master stated he did not even have a place to lay his own head. He left the family business to take up his heavenly Father's will, the ministry. If we are followers, why not follow?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.