The World News Media

The 5 year old Bella enjoying the ministry, she wanted ringing at every door... in Aberaeron, Wales.

Queen Esther

• Views 2.3k
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 year old Bella enjoying the ministry,  she wanted ringing  at  every door; in  Aberaeron, Wales. Brave  little  girl,  Jehovah  has  blessed  you❤  

Michael: I also raised four children. I had to set a good example, my husband was not a spiritual man and didn't study with the children. I could not usurp his position before God as the head of the h

Posted Images

On 19.2.2017 at 11:41 PM, Micael Frost said:

I have 4 adult children. Two of them were particularly "mature". Doing bible reading at 6 etc etc. I regret A LOT and wish I had more knowledge and wisdom at that time. I know exactly what I am talking about. What is your personal experience? 

PS.  Kids  always  want  imitate  their  parents  and  when  they  want  go  preaching, they  can  do. Already  Jesus  was  telling  so.... Remember, little  girls  often  want  be  a  princess, a model, singer  or  dancer, etc. -  they  WANT  it  and  we  not  stop  them !  They  will  stop  on  &  off  from  alone, thats  okay !

Many  kids  in  my  cong. are  very  active.  Never  stop  such  of  children !  If  they  like  sports  or  other  things,  thats  alot  better  than  later  smoking,  drinking, drugs  or  more  bad  things.  You  understand  what  I  mean ? :)

9 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

PS.  Kids  always  want  imitate  their  parents  and  when  they  want  go  preaching, they  can  do. Already  Jesus  was  telling  so.... Remember, little  girls  often  want  be  a  princess, a model, singer  or  dancer, etc. -  they  WANT  it  and  we  not  stop  them !  They  will  stop  on  &  off  from  alone, thats  okay !

Many  kids  in  my  cong. are  very  active.  Never  stop  such  of  children !  If  they  like  sports  or  other  things,  thats  alot  better  than  later  smoking,  drinking, drugs  or  more  bad  things.  You  understand  what  I  mean ? :)

I think you totally miss my point. Of course kid's can take part in parents activities including ministry etc. However my point. Do not push them. Letting them know how capable (stout ? - we have a word for this in my native language that has no direct translation in english) they are. Unwittingly giving them a feeling of "competition" of "spiritual maturity" from way too young age  . These imperfect habits often transferres into adulthood when people need "labels" to tell others how "spiritually successful" they are (elder, bethelite, CO etc. etc) instead of imitating Jesus standards being humble and loving (Luke 9). If we are not cautious this "pattern" can easily being "planted" into our kid's. One example is the PRISING of young ones getting baptised. "The younger the more praiseworthy".  I don not generalise here, but I can see these tendencies (see 1 Peter 1:7 and the baptism questions and ask yourself: "Is this appropriate for an 8/9/10 etc yr young kid to be answering?")

My point is that maybe parents should be very much aware of these tendencies and therefor resist/contain them trying to find a healthful balance. 

OK. I hope I have been able to explain my worries. I love kid's and I respect parents working hard to raise their kid's to become good/loving human beings/christians. 

PS: What is your real identity/name? Always nice to know who you are talking to....

PPS: Please have in mind English only is my second language. Therefor I sometimes use the wrong word. Please  try not to interpret to the hard/sever direction but to the milder.

I like Micael's comment. it is all the better for trying to put it in a language not his. Invite children along, or even require, for there is nothing but garbage on TV at home. But they speak when they are ready. They are not shamed if they don't, nor praised overmuch if they do. Like the blonde girl in the video who left the truth for 15 years - she had felt she must be the perfect child.

From the book 'Tom Irregardless and Me:' (the story is true)

"I had worked in the ministry once with Willie when he was seven. At the doors, I had introduced him, same as I once had with my kids – “Hi, I’m Tom and this is my friend Willie. We’re taking turns talking and…it’s his turn.” The boy would launch into his presentation. The householder might look at me expectantly, and I’d say: “sorry, it’s his turn.” As long as he was comfortable, it remained his turn.

Presently he had decided he did not want to be introduced - just as my kids had decided. After all, the introduction was really for my sake, not his. Show up at the door with a waist high child, and it is the child who starts speaking? The householder looks at you as if to say: “what about it, dummy - cat got your tongue?”

“Tell you what,” I said. “Not only will I not introduce you, but you can introduce me. Or you can take every door.” And that’s how it had gone. He took every door except one or two awkward ones which I handled. When a householder would look toward me, I would apologize and explain that I was far too bashful to speak."

@Micael Frost  I  understand  your  point,  but  all  kids  really  very  different,  so  we  not  come  to  a  common  result.  In  many  Countries  we  have  exceptional  cases  of  young  children,  thats  fact !   Please,  lets  stop  here,  bec.  we  have  separate  discussion  forums :)  there  you  can  better  dicuss.  Maybe, thats  interesting  for  you.

I  am  from  Germany  and  English  is  my  2. language  too...  

My  current  Internet  website  name  here  is:  "Queen / Esther"   Agape !

15 hours ago, Micael Frost said:

I think you totally miss my point. Of course kid's can take part in parents activities including ministry etc. However my point. Do not push them. Letting them know how capable (stout ? - we have a word for this in my native language that has no direct translation in english) they are. Unwittingly giving them a feeling of "competition" of "spiritual maturity" from way too young age  . These imperfect habits often transferres into adulthood when people need "labels" to tell others how "spiritually successful" they are (elder, bethelite, CO etc. etc) instead of imitating Jesus standards being humble and loving (Luke 9). If we are not cautious this "pattern" can easily being "planted" into our kid's. One example is the PRISING of young ones getting baptised. "The younger the more praiseworthy".  I don not generalise here, but I can see these tendencies (see 1 Peter 1:7 and the baptism questions and ask yourself: "Is this appropriate for an 8/9/10 etc yr young kid to be answering?")

My point is that maybe parents should be very much aware of these tendencies and therefor resist/contain them trying to find a healthful balance. 

OK. I hope I have been able to explain my worries. I love kid's and I respect parents working hard to raise their kid's to become good/loving human beings/christians. 

PS: What is your real identity/name? Always nice to know who you are talking to....

PPS: Please have in mind English only is my second language. Therefor I sometimes use the wrong word. Please  try not to interpret to the hard/sever direction but to the milder.

I  wrote  all  to  you  by  PM  message...  so all  is  okay !

@TrueTom  Look  by  my  postings  in  category  "Experience"...  There  you  can  read  an example  of  a  boy went  door  to door  with  a  CO. Brother !  The  CO,  really  enjoyed  the  little  door tio door  talk  of  the  little  boy :)  It was  a  success...  and  the  CO.  used  that  text  at the  next  door  too !   So  you  all  see,  our  kids are  so  clever  and  mature  too !

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.