The World News Media

Our brothers and sisters are defending us in the Supreme Court of Russia

Guest Kurt

Witness: Zavyalov Valentin Mikhailovich, since 1992, a professor at MISI. Confesses the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses for more than 20 years. He reported that at the meetings of his religious group the literature introduced in the FEMC was never used. The names of this literature are posted on the wall of the room where divine services are held. Believers carefully inspect the premises before the start of worship, to exclude the possibility of finding such literature in worship services.

Witness: Evgeny Skladchikov, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, MSTU. N. Bauman. Became a Witness of Jehovah in 1998. He says that in the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses he was attracted by the unconditional peaceableness of the biblical teaching, it is completely incompatible with extremism. No extremist publications are used at worship services.

C9NuLuAW0AAYZ7q.jpg:large

This is Vilen Kantere, very famous scientist in Russia and abroad, author of more than 300 works on engineering

Witness: Vilen Kantere, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Honored Worker of Science and Technology.  Representative of the plaintiff Toporov: "When you became a Witness of Jehovah 25 years ago, did you pursue extremist goals?" Witness: "God forbid!  No, of course! "The witness explains that this is incompatible with the faith of Jehovah's Witnesses.  Axes: "Do you use the materials included in the FSEM?" The witness explains that, as a law-abiding citizen, he destroyed these publications.  (However, Kantere says that he leaves aside the question whether he agrees with the fact that these publications are included in the FSEM.) Dozens of his students defended candidate and doctoral dissertations.  His religion does not contradict his scientific activity.  Asked by the representative of the Ministry of Justice, he explains that his religion does not hinder the receipt of higher education.  As a scientific worker, he believes that education must be treated responsibly. 

tom16_au17.jpgKREMNEVA Tatiana Leonidovna
Witness:KREMNEVA Tatiana Leonidovna - Doctor of Education. Professor of the Department of Psychological and Social Technologies of the Institute of Psychology, Sociology and Social Relations of the of the State Educational Self-Governing Institution of Higher Education of the City of Moscow «Moscow City Teacher Training  University». 
 Dr Kremneva.  Interestingly Dr. K does research on child abuse and extremist literature amongst young people.  She answers the brother's questions making it clear her faith is against hatred and extremism.  And that her religion as a Jehovah's Witness  helps her raise her child who is doing well in school.  She treats her non-witness colleagues well with no hatred or discrimination.

• Views 2.2k
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure that thousands of people hold about the same view I have about higher education and the Watchower's view of higher education. And I'm sure that thousands of current JWs believe the Watchtower

Wow. This is perfect! All of them are good. There is no reason to categorize the JWs as extremist, especially in a country with so much more REAL extremism on its plate. I don't know exactly what

I take it that this doctorate you speak of having was obtained after you were baptized. I say that because you have also spoken of conversations with Fred Franz, implying that these were in the 1970's

This is very illuminating and encouraging information. It's not just what they say, but who they are and what they are doing with their lives that demonstrates the false nature of this accusation of extremism.

Can we get any background on the prosecution witnesses?

On 4/12/2017 at 0:42 PM, Kurt said:

This is Vilen Kantere, very famous scientist in Russia and abroad, author of more than 300 works on engineering

Witness: Vilen Kantere, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Honored Worker of Science and Technology.  Representative of the plaintiff Toporov: "When you became a Witness of Jehovah 25 years ago, did you pursue extremist goals?" Witness: "God forbid!  No, of course! "The witness explains that this is incompatible with the faith of Jehovah's Witnesses.  Axes: "Do you use the materials included in the FSEM?" The witness explains that, as a law-abiding citizen, he destroyed these publications.  (However, Kantere says that he leaves aside the question whether he agrees with the fact that these publications are included in the FSEM.) Dozens of his students defended candidate and doctoral dissertations.  His religion does not contradict his scientific activity.  Asked by the representative of the Ministry of Justice, he explains that his religion does not hinder the receipt of higher education.  As a scientific worker, he believes that education must be treated responsibly. 

Wow. This is perfect! All of them are good. There is no reason to categorize the JWs as extremist, especially in a country with so much more REAL extremism on its plate.

I don't know exactly what they mean by dozens of his students defended candidate and doctoral dissertations, however. Over the years, he has been quoted? But it is very true that our religion does not contradict almost any scientific activity. I only worry that he might throw in things like "his religion does not hinder the receipt of higher education." All the good he stands for can turn to nothing in court if they can poke holes in just one statement like that, assuming it was translated here without the necessary subtleties to make it true. The Ministry of Justice rep would not have asked if he hadn't been given a reason to ask, and this is why even Witnesses should be familiar with the arguments made against us. If three or four Watchtower articles are presented that contradict Brother Kantere, he may not be prepared for it. One can easily make a case that the Watchtower does hinder the receipt of higher education, and this is why Witness children in custody battles in the US have to be specially prepped or kept off the stand.

34 minutes ago, AllenSmith said:

I’m sure if the “Ministry” doesn’t know, it does now with your negative and extreme view. And I’m sure Russia has Wikileaks vigorously looking for articles you think contradict those honest answers since the Watchtower has made it a point of “choice” NOT demand when it comes to higher education.

I'm sure that thousands of people hold about the same view I have about higher education and the Watchower's view of higher education. And I'm sure that thousands of current JWs believe the Watchtower's view of higher education is much more extreme and negative than it really is. The Watchtower has sometimes equated higher education with immorality, drug use and other risky behavior. But it is not totally forbidden and if one can show that they are able to handle the demands of higher education and still keep up with congregational responsibilities there is never a backlash from official organizational channels, as far as I'm aware, although one might have to put up with some local prejudices against education.

There is no TOTAL control as has been claimed. That goes for education, blood, shunning and a lot of things that are questioned. But there is still a lot of control, and to the extent this is true, we should be proud of it if we think it's correct. If we feel that something should be hidden from a tribunal of some sort, then we obviously are not proud of our view, or we are fearful of being persecuted for something we think is right.  

The kind of control that I don't think the Russian court is concerned about is the more subtle pressure that comes from judging. Persons who have participated in higher education are often told that they probably have "materialistic envy brewing" for example. Or else it might be implied that they are not paying attention to Paul's words when he said: "Do not be conformed to this world...."

At any rate, for reasons I have pointed out many times, we should always be open and honest and give everyone a reason for the hope that we have whenever anyone demands it. We should really never have to be prepped for court unless we feel we are doing something wrong, or that we don't trust Jehovah's backing if we tell the truth. We should always be able to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help us God.

2 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

I wonder if this was in the mind of Christ when he was being tortured and then killed for our ignorance. He died true to God’s purpose while you will be like Peter to deny Christ thirst (Luke 22:54-57) King James Version (KJV). So, my pride is in my life giver GOD, that scripture wasn’t influenced by higher education in times of old but made relevant to modern theology. My doctorate holds one purpose, as an expensive piece of toilet tissue the day the need presents itself.

I take it that this doctorate you speak of having was obtained after you were baptized. I say that because you have also spoken of conversations with Fred Franz, implying that these were in the 1970's and the fact that you had already made your decision in the 1970's not to go to Bethel, and you were glad you made that decision because of the apostasy of the early 1980's. Previously you claimed two doctorates and it sounded like they were both in theology. "Scholar JW" has also visited this site and I believe he was working on a Master's degree in a related field, and yet he speaks very much like an active JW, as far as I can tell.

So I'm guessing that you are in agreement with me that the organization does not try to have "total control" against education as some have claimed. My father took engineering courses after he was baptized, and two other elders in a Missouri congregation were also professors at the same university. I do not have a doctor's degree and never planned to get one. My wife finished her first master's degree before she was baptized, and finished up enough credits for a second masters and then most of her post-graduate work while still pioneering. Just after baptism, she was both pioneering and still a school-teacher, so she was asked to give her experience at several regional conventions at the time, but she could not mention that she was still continuing her education, too. The little girl who was one of her students and who witnessed to her and left magazines for her was also a part of most of these assembly experiences.

I don't think that a doctorate degree in most subjects is just an expensive piece of toilet paper, but I personally have never posted my degree on my LinkedIn page, or on my wall, either at home or anywhere, ever. It's still in the envelope it came in, and is in a file drawer. I mentioned it on my old resume of course when I was working, because it helped me get jobs in computer science. I rarely hired a person who did not have a degree, as my last company of nearly 30 years frowned on any hires without at least a B.S. or B.A. but I never worried what the degree was in. I found that plenty of good programmers and IT people got their degree in philosophy or English literature, for example. Tells me that we really didn't need to worry about higher education at all.

Today, however, I think it's smarter for a lot of people not to get a degree at all (in the US). Depends on the type of work you will do. Times have changed, and there is often little chance that you can obtain enough work to pay off the student loans. I let all three of my children graduate from college, but that's because my wife and I were able to pay all their student expenses. I think it's fine if you can handle it, but I would not recommend it for everyone, and would never talk about higher education as if it's some necessary part of life. Work experience is more important, even if you struggle to find your place, and then if you make enough money, you can afford a degree (if you so choose). This doesn't work in every field or career, of course. For some things, professional careers and teaching careers, you must have the higher education. But no one should look up to a person or down on a person based on their choices regarding education.

Brothers if you have not watched Part 2 of of the 142nd Gilead Graduation, I would urge you to watch it at your earliest available opportunity.........there is a new par called "The Inside Story"..........it is so faith strengthening,, particularly the experience of the English Brother, who started carrying on his pioneering in Russia, while the brothers were still under ban........it is such a terrific experience of a faithful Brother.

11 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

This is funny to me. It brings back memories of College Professors with degree’s in engineering, wanting me to show them how to repair, and reprogram computers when they “failed” on their own. They often got upset, because I wouldn’t support them, when it should have been the reverse, they should have been supporting me. I just didn’t think working on NASA technological components in the 70’s was relevant to their degree’s. It was the achievements and contributions people like me made that set the standards for today’s world of technology. Because we actually did them. So, you are correct. A degree can be worthless to some people.

Impressive!

By the way, when I upvote some of your posts, it's not because I agree with everything in it, obviously. But that one, like some others, had more to agree with than disagree with.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.