The World News Media

When God speaks to you ... are you nuts?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

• Views 329
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Isn't it interesting if we tell someone that we were talking to God, more than likely we will be perceived as righteously inclined ... whereas if we tell someone that God speaks to us ..... we will be

After all, God only listens to those who can get through the door, and that door being, the Christ, for no one can go to the Father, but rather, only through the Son they can reach out to the Father.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Isn't it interesting if we tell someone that we were talking to God, more than likely we will be perceived as righteously inclined ... whereas if we tell someone that God speaks to us ..... we will be perceived as bat crap crazy?

After all, God only listens to those who can get through the door, and that door being, the Christ, for no one can go to the Father, but rather, only through the Son they can reach out to the Father.

It's like someone trying to get past a bouncer in a club, once that someone knows he or she cannot get inside, the next day they will make up all kinds of stories as if they actually got inside for the event and or party.

In that sense, someone probably assumes they talked with God and or God talk to them and try to show off in some sense when in reality, that person didn't even bother to knock on said door.

But Lord, there are some crazies out there who are extremely insane, demon possessed, and will say God made me to do this, or that. But Jesus just told me to do this, and or that, I did it for Jesus, and said action they did is both disturbing and insane.

Because of these guys, they make actual true Christians look like crazy people and make such ones the big joke on the round-table.

When I see crazy Christians and or New Age believers, oh and the Spiritualists, my only reaction to their claims and actions, their  nutcasery:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROwB2-ibuc6xkVGTxoV4g

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 11:53 PM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Isn't it interesting if we tell someone that we were talking to God, more than likely we will be perceived as righteously inclined ... whereas if we tell someone that God speaks to us ..... we will be perceived as bat crap crazy?

whereas if we tell someone that God speaks to us ....perhaps because people (in  or out of JWorg) have not faith that this is possible. Or people are smart enough to not believe in such claims if someone would say how that happened to him.

This very interesting thought you present, remind me on similar "problem" for faith, for spiritual life of believers. Miracles mentioned in Bible. People was cured from sickness, resurrected, been feed with food and drink from nowhere,  saved from evil, from illness, from the enemy, from natural and unnatural catastrophe ....

And today believers are sure that "miracles" was been possible in past, in far past - NOT TODAY - because WT explain how miracles ended in one particular moment of one particular day in one particular year in the 1st Century. That was the time, age of last seen miraculous works caused by God. All other that happened after, later was demonic acts or fraud.

And today you are left in conviction how divine miracles are belong in the long past and  will be in some distance day in the future. No one knows when in future. Close future or far future? It doesn't matter. In a future, BUT NOT TODAY. Past time - yes. Future time - yes. Today - no. It can not be today, because God will is to not doing miracles today but in the future ...and in the past. But not today. Today, what You need is faith. And that is miracle. Your faith is Miracle. Not physical demonstration of some supernatural effect. Only Faith you got, you have.

And as You gave interesting example with "communication issue" (between people and God)  that can be problem even among, inside the same group of same religion who are connected in so called religious unity and worship one God JHVH.

If some JW member ever come to idea how God answered on his pray with Divine Voice that would be miracle. With what result? ....will be perceived as bat crap crazy?

To avoid such effect, members will wrap, envelop, pack God's response to them, to such forms/formats that are socially acceptable within the organization (read or listen to life experience in magazines or conventions giving illustration for what i said)

Here said, not reflects the author's point of view.... just freedom of thinking. :)))))

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.