The World News Media

The Serena Williams Child Doesn't Do Birthdays. This Gets Interestinger and Interestinger

TrueTomHarley

On 8/31/2018 at 2:38 PM, Srecko Sostar said:

It looks strange to me, even then (i was 19), to defend my position in this way. But that was not to defend myself but JW YU Betel and JW religion in YU, in other word WT. 

Sometimes the people you are talking to do not have enough background information to make any sense at all about what you are talking, trying to explain a difficult or just a new concept to them ...  that they are not used to considering.

The most extreme case is perhaps when  a man with a knife demands that you give him your money, and you start a long explanation of why he should work for a living, the value of industriousness, the theocratic, moral and cultural reasons why he should change his ways... that violence is not the answer, and "how would his mother feel if she knew he was out late, robbing people?".

Sometimes the only thing they could possibly understand is the SHORT answer .....

BANG!  BANG! BANG!  BANG! BANG!

... always remember to reload, in case he has stupid friends.

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is not the first Mark Twain quote that turns out to be phony. I have also had to toss out the irresistable "When I was 16, my father was so ignorant I could barely stand to have him around.

It's just like here in the South, when you want to lambast someone unmecifully ... just end the statement with "... bless his pea-pickin' heart!".                         That makes it OK. M

‘Olympia doesn’t celebrate birthdays,’ Serena revealed during the US Open. ‘We’re Jehovah’s Witnesses, so we don’t do that.’ - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6107057/This-Serena-Williams

Posted Images

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Here is a link to what was said on the Archive about 14 months ago, about Serena Williams appearing naked, and very pregnant on the August 2017 Vanity Fair Magazine cover.

You will feel less bold besmirching a woman simply because she represents something you detest should Mr. Reddit come calling.

39 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

You will feel less bold besmirching a woman simply because she represents something you detest should Mr. Reddit come calling.

Reddit.... I am having flashbacks.

But I think I have said something before, whereas anyone can be tied to any culture, practice and or whatever. For someone can be doing what is correct, while another can do something that is incorrect, despite both persons being under the same house, the same rules, the same culture, etc.

For us, when we were young, we were always told never to go into the beach waters because there is not one to witness the zone and there is no one going to save you should the water take you. Such a rule is given to several people, in this case, children, some will listen, some will eventually break the rules, despite all of them being under the same rule, but over time, some of them break the rules, some suffer the consequence of nearly being swept away, others end up being swept away and succumb to both drowning and death.

Not the best example, but to some degree, it can be looked at like this: 10 people can be of the same faith but only 4 out of the 10 are doing what many of said faith abides by, 3 others try to do what is of their faith but do whatever they please, while the rest are entirely cut off and having a total double life.

But is usually depends, as we speak, due to this sport celebrity, there is a war zone in another comment section going off (Yahoo), and as you can already tell, opponents are using such as ammunition against their targets. But yes, as for reputation, some people love to kick a man, or a woman, when their down, for there is no such honor in doing such.

19 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

due to this sport celebrity, there is a war zone in another comment section going off (Yahoo),

Ooh. Please tell me where so I can go there and tro.....uh, so I can go there and see if there are any fatheads who need to be set straight.

And.....My thanks once again to the Librarian,  the very stately essence of womanhood. Due to her observation, I discovered how to give my blog a new look and make it flow into all devices. Cool beans!

And I even disabled the comment section so if I link to it (not that I ever would) the Librarian will not get mad (the old hen).

33 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Ooh. Please tell me where so I can go there and tro.....uh, so I can go there and see if there are any fatheads who need to be set straight.

And.....My thanks once again to the Librarian,  the very stately essence of womanhood. Due to her observation, I discovered how to give my blog a new look and make it flow into all devices. Cool beans!

And I even disabled the comment section so if I link to it (not that I ever would) the Librarian will not get mad (the old hen).

The links below:

There are those who are clearly mocking the faith, those who know that birthdays is pagan or celebration of birth, someone pointed out that Jesus told us to remember his death, some JWs are in the mix, and there are some people who are more concerned that no birthdays = boring when they do not know, others say it is better to get a random gift every other day then a single day.

Yahoo has gone full on search and destroy because some of these sections had a couple hundred comments, I think some have been blocked and or deleted.

My favorite comments thus far:

Thomas - Or CHRISTMAS ... because with her money ... who needs a Holiday or Birthday !!!

Wise!to Thomas - She made her money! Make yours

Other than that, if you have others who also see that birthdays are pagan and or anything pertaining to Traditions of Men, why include them in the church? This I do not understand with some people, mainly to those who say Jesus was born on December 25th, it ikes me, mainly when a Trinitarian says it.

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Like James Bond once said in, if memory serves (paraphrased) in the movie "Thunderball",   "... never was a man more misunderstood."

(See ... with those prefixes, I can screw ANY memory or quote completely into the ground...") ... bless my Lil' pea-pickin' heart!

I do not detest Serena Williams for appearing naked and pregnant on a national magazine cover.  First, I would have to CARE!  She will answer to her Master for that if he cares at all, and as nicely as it was done, I suspect Jesus does not care at all.

And, as far as Mr. Reddit is concerned, I think you are getting him confused with Roger Rabbit.

36 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I do not detest Serena Williams for appearing naked and pregnant on a national magazine cover.  First, I would have to CARE!  

C'mon Big Boy! If you think it is such a little thing, why don't you try it? Right there, in your birthday suit, on Vanity Fair.

Or are you scared the elders will counsel you for celebrating your birthday, hmm, you big chicken?