Kosonen

• Views 8.1k
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite circuit overseer—an old fellow—long ago said that he doesn’t argue with trinitarians. “I’ve never convinced one,” he said. I’m struck by the verse that has cropped up a few times rece

The way it has been explained, and the way I have witnessed it, is that slimeballs lift their copyrighted material, insert it into a maligning context, and beat them over the head with it. To the poin

@Kosonen , There are at least two additional scriptural ways to reach this same conclusion. Here is one: (Revelation 6:7-11) 7 When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth

Posted Images

The actor who played the role of the Frankenstein monster in the movie "Young Frankenstein" is Peter Boyle. He was an American actor known for his roles in films such as "Taxi Driver," "The Candidate," and "Everybody Loves Raymond." In "Young Frankenstein," Boyle played the monster with humor and pathos, creating a memorable and beloved character..

58 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

The actor who played the role of the Frankenstein monster in the movie "Young Frankenstein" is Peter Boyle. He was an American actor known for his roles in films such as "Taxi Driver," "The Candidate," and "Everybody Loves Raymond." In "Young Frankenstein," Boyle played the monster with humor and pathos, creating a memorable and beloved character..

Hmm, Peter Boyle...

There is also a Peter in the Blues Traveler song "Hook"...

"It doesn't matter what I say

So long as I sing with inflection

That makes you feel I'll convey

Some inner truth or vast reflection

But I've said nothing so far

And I can keep it up for as long as it takes

And it don't matter who you are

If I'm doing my job, it's your resolve that breaks

Because the hook brings you back

I ain't tellin' you no lie

The hook brings you back

On that you can rely

There is something amiss

I am being insincere

In fact I don't mean any of this

Still my confession draws you near

To confuse the issue I refer

To familiar heroes from long ago

No matter how much Peter loved her

What made the Pan refuse to grow

Was that hook brings you back

I ain't tellin' you no lie

The hook brings you back

On that you can rely..."

I wonder if there's any relation.

Or maybe it's more like Robert Boyle? Sounds like he's kind of into particle theory...

25 minutes ago, boyle said:

That is true. I can see why science would have a problem with the big bang. Why not see the big bang as the birth of the sun and then ripple outward when then life begins, instead of it happening far away, then light years away by chance life began by riding those cosmic waves.

"Corpuscularianism (from the Latin corpusculum meaning "little body") is a set of theories that explain natural transformations as a result of the interaction of particles(minima naturalia, partes exiles, partes parvae, particulae, and semina).[1] It differs from atomism in that corpuscles are usually endowed with a property of their own and are further divisible, while atoms are neither. Although often associated with the emergence of early modern mechanical philosophy, and especially with the names of Thomas Hobbes,[2] René Descartes,[3] Pierre Gassendi,[4] Robert Boyle,[4] Isaac Newton,[5] and John Locke,[4] corpuscularian theories can be found throughout the history of Western philosophy." (wikipedia)

Here are some interesting quotes by Boyle Roche, Irish politician (1736-1807):

"Mr Speaker, I smell a rat; I see him forming in the air and darkening the sky; but I will nip him in the bud."

"The only thing to prevent what's past is to put a stop to it before it happens."

"Half the lies our opponents tell about us are untrue."

"Every pint bottle should contain a quart."

"I answer in the affirmative with an emphatic 'No.'"

No wonder politicians get a bad reputation!

"A boil is a hard and painful lump that fills with pus. Most boils go away on their own." (nhs)

"But reject empty speeches that violate what is holy, for they will lead to more and more ungodliness, and their word will spread like gangrene. Hy·me·naeʹus and Phi·leʹtus are among them.  These men have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred, and they are subverting the faith of some.  Despite that, the solid foundation of God remains standing, having this seal, “Jehovah knows those who belong to him,” and, “Let everyone calling on the name of Jehovah renounce unrighteousness.”"

Back on the topic of "heavenly resurrection", I guess it's no surprise that some today think the heavenly resurrection of the anointed already occurred. The "window test" shows that it didn't happen yet. Those anointed ones who are asleep in death will be resurrected at the appointed time.

"There is an appointed time for everything, 

A time for every activity under the heavens:  

A time for birth and a time to die; 

A time to plant and a time to uproot what was planted; 

A time to kill and a time to heal; 

A time to tear down and a time to build up; 

A time to weep and a time to laugh; 

A time to wail and a time to dance; 

A time to throw stones away and a time to gather stones together; 

A time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing; 

A time to search and a time to give up as lost; 

A time to keep and a time to throw away; 

A time to rip apart and a time to sew together; 

A time to be silent and a time to speak; 

A time to love and a time to hate; 

A time for war and a time for peace."

(I think it's time for me to get some sleep!)

Good night for now!😁

Perhaps I missed it somewhere along this thread, but the topic is ostensively: “The heavenly resurrection begins after the fall of Babylon the Great”.

As is customary, we have wandered far afield from this topic, and that’s OK with me as I prefer “stream of consciousness” discussions, but possibly because I do not care at all when God chooses to resurrect someone, or not, (even though it is widely rumored that “all dogs go to heaven”), the thought occurred to me:

“The heavenly resurrection begins after the fall of Babylon the Great”

For the purposes of discussion, let’s assume that it is true.

How could this possibly be known?

Of course, if the resurrections began one billion years from now, I suppose (presumably) that technically it would be accurate to say they started after the fall of Babylon the Great.

I believe the term for that, of which you may be familiar, is “Gross Prophet margin”.

badda-bing!

9 hours ago, Pudgy said:

"The heavenly resurrection begins after the fall of Babylon the Great”

For the purposes of discussion, let’s assume that it is true.

How could this possibly be known?

"Moreover, brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who are sleeping in death, so that you may not sorrow as the rest do who have no hope.  For if we have faith that Jesus died and rose again, so too God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep in death through Jesus.  For this is what we tell you by Jehovah’s word, that we the living who survive to the presence of the Lord will in no way precede those who have fallen asleep in death;  because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.  Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we will always be with the Lord.  So keep comforting one another with these words."

Paul said the anointed who are sleeping in death will rise when Jesus descends from heaven to resurrect them.

Jesus comes with a commanding call, an archangel's voice, with God's trumpet.

It'll be really "loud".

Everybody will know. (The "window" test thing - the windows will break, so-to-speak.)

Then the anointed who haven't died yet will be changed.

And all together the anointed will go into the kingdom arrangement.

The marriage of the Lamb is when they are joined into the kingdom arrangement with Christ.

They all go at once.

The anointed can't be resurrected until after Babylon the Great is destroyed, because Revelation says it's not until after all the anointed are sealed that Babylon is destroyed and the Bible says the angels don't come and gather the anointed until after that.

Jesus died. He was resurrected. After he was resurrected, he materialized a body and hung out with his disciples before he ascended to heaven. Hundreds of people saw him. He ate with them, talked with them, hugged them. It will be the same when the anointed are resurrected and changed into spirit creatures. They will materialize bodies and be able to hang out. Everybody will know. 

The "marriage" is "consummated" by the act of Armageddon. The 144,000 join Jesus in crushing the rebels who are attacking the children on earth. The Bible shows that the anointed are all in heaven at that point in order to fulfill that part of the prophecy. That's how we know they are resurrected to heaven before Armageddon.

"They shouted with a loud voice, saying: “Until when, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, are you refraining from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”  And a white robe was given to each of them, and they were told to rest a little while longer, until the number was filled of their fellow slaves and their brothers who were about to be killed as they had been."

The anointed who already died have to wait until all the other anointed are sealed first before the resurrections can begin.

"And they heard a loud voice from heaven say to them: “Come up here.” And they went up into heaven in the cloud, and their enemies saw them."

Everyone will see when the resurrection happens.

"If we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we will certainly also be united with him in the likeness of his resurrection."

The anointed are resurrected in the same way as Jesus was.

"Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that he was buried, yes, that he was raised up on the third day according to the Scriptures; and that he appeared to Ceʹphas, and then to the Twelve. After that he appeared to more than 500 brothers at one time, most of whom are still with us, though some have fallen asleep in death. After that he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. But last of all he appeared also to me as if to one born prematurely."

It will not be an "invisible presence" thing. You will know have evidence that the resurrection of the anointed happened because of the "window test".

"While they were speaking of these things, he himself stood in their midst and said to them: “May you have peace.”  But because they were terrified and frightened, they imagined that they were seeing a spirit.  So he said to them: “Why are you troubled, and why have doubts come up in your hearts?  See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself; touch me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones just as you see that I have.”  And as he said this, he showed them his hands and his feet.  But while they were still not believing for sheer joy and amazement, he said to them: “Do you have something there to eat?”  So they handed him a piece of broiled fish,  and he took it and ate it before their eyes."

Jesus tells the anointed that they will take part in the battle of Armageddon.

"Just the same, hold fast to what you have until I come.  And to the one who conquers and observes my deeds down to the end, I will give authority over the nations, and he will shepherd the people with an iron rod so that they will be broken to pieces like clay vessels, just as I have received from my Father."

If the anointed were still on earth during Armageddon, then they wouldn't be allowed to take part in the battle, because Jesus said no human should take up the sword in that way. The anointed will not be humans anymore at the time of Armageddon, because they will all have been changed into a new creation by then and they will have taken their places in the kingdom arrangement.