Kosonen

• Views 8k
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite circuit overseer—an old fellow—long ago said that he doesn’t argue with trinitarians. “I’ve never convinced one,” he said. I’m struck by the verse that has cropped up a few times rece

The way it has been explained, and the way I have witnessed it, is that slimeballs lift their copyrighted material, insert it into a maligning context, and beat them over the head with it. To the poin

@Kosonen , There are at least two additional scriptural ways to reach this same conclusion. Here is one: (Revelation 6:7-11) 7 When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth

Posted Images

@4Jah2me and@JW Insider 

The simplest argument to place the time for the ousting of Satan from heaven described in Revelation 12 is that it says "Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.”

When the ousting of Satan from heaven happens it will be from human stand point a short period before the end. Otherwise pointing out that would be meaningless.

In addition the chapter 12 in Revelation talks about 1260 days and time, times and half a time. That period in the scriptures is closely related to the very end of this system. Chapter 13 in Revelation refers again to this period and tells about the persecution that will happen during that time, based on the refusal to take the mark of the beast and the refusal to worship the image of the beast.

So those few years are really a short period even for a mature adult.

In a figurative sense Satan did fall earlier. Every time Satan was defeated, it was like he had fallen. Like when Jesus' disciples started to do miracles, healing sick and expelling demons from people. But that was not the same as what Revelation 12 tells that there occurs a war in heaven where Michael and his angels make war against Satan and his demons and clean the heavens from their prescence.

Luke 10:17  Then the 70 returned with joy, saying: “Lord, even the demons are made subject to us by the use of your name.” 18  At that he said to them: “I see Satan already fallen like lightning from heaven. 19  Look! I have given you the authority to trample underfoot serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing at all will harm you.20  Nevertheless, do not rejoice because the spirits are made subject to you, but rejoice because your names have been written in the heavens.

I think it is helpful to simplify biblical concepts. The text might look complicated, but the reality should be so simple that children can understand. Or people who are not very smart. And really smart people could get lost in the complexity of the texts, while the reality is simple. Really smart people could read too much into the complexity and diversity of the biblical texts. That is why Jesus stressed that we should instead be simple like children. Because children are unable to think in complicated hypotetical and abstract or symbolic ways, while adults easily can go too far in those aspects :

Mark 9:36  Then he took a young child and stood him in their midst; and putting his arms around him, he said to them: 37  “Whoever receives one of such young children on the basis of my name receives me also; and whoever receives me receives not me only but also Him who sent me.”

Mark 10:14,15 “Let the young children come to me; do not try to stop them, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such ones. 15  Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the Kingdom of God like a young child will by no means enter into it.”

Matthew 19:14 Jesus, however, said: “Let the young children alone, and do not try to stop them from coming to me, for the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to ones.”

Matthew 18:1 In that hour the disciples came near to Jesus and said: “Who really is greatest in the Kingdom of the heavens?”

2 So calling a young child to him, he stood him in their midst 3  and said: “Truly I say to you, unless you turn around and become as young children, you will by no means enter into the Kingdom of the heavens. 4  Therefore, whoever will humble himself like this young child is the one who is the greatest in the Kingdom of the heavens;

Matthew 11:25  At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children. 26  Yes, O Father, because this is the way you approved.

59 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

I'm getting the feeling here that you are saying that Jesus cleaned Satan and the demons out of heaven in 33 C. E. 

Whereas the CCJW teach it was in 1914. Am I correct in my thinking here ? 

Yes.

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

My heart is heavy with pain and misery because i do not know truth nor do I expect to find truth.

I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm sure you already realized that you don't need faith in a chronology to understand that our basic "truth" comes from the perfect example of Christ Jesus. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Light. I'm sure you still feel a sense of comfort by reading the gospels, and how the Bible writers found good reasons to keep encouraging others based on the hope we share for a better future. And how the life we lead in response to our faith in that hope, is better for ourselves, those related to us in the faith, our neighbors, even our enemies.

But if your understanding of scripture is right and it is in disagreement with the GB, and the CCJW as a whole, then which of you is receiving the guidance of holy spirit ?

Everyone who reads the Bible and finds something encouraging or upbuilding is getting power from the holy spirit. It's exactly what we need to get through this life. Not everyone has to be correct in all aspects of knowledge for the spirit to do its work in any of us.

If a person is to preach and teach, firstly they have to know truth themselves. Therefore I could not preach and teach, because i do not know truth from misunderstandings. 

A math teacher might not need to teach English to be a good math teacher, and vice versa. Each of us can have things we can teach, but we can keep our mouth shut on things that would cause confusion or stumbling. (That doesn't mean that we can't find a forum where discussing different ideas and opinions is possible, we just need to avoid publicly pushing our view against the conscience of others. We do need to keep testing that any Biblical view is backed up with scripture.)

We have to remember that our own views, no matter how strongly held, and no matter how much evidence seems to support them, are only human views. The following applies to all of us -- including the governing body:

(James 3:1, 2) . . .Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, knowing that we will receive heavier judgment. 2 For we all stumble many times. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able to bridle also his whole body.

2 hours ago, Kosonen said:

Matthew 11:25  At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children. 26  Yes, O Father, because this is the way you approved.

2 hours ago, Kosonen said:

I think it is helpful to simplify biblical concepts.

This revelation to young children does not align with the type of simple biblical concepts and knowledge one would need to detect the kind of astrological and astronomical signs described in the Wikipedia site:

The Apocalypse of John describes "a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head." Proponents of the Revelation 12 Sign say that the woman represents the constellation Virgo and the crown of twelve stars represents the nine stars of the constellation Leo in conjunction with Mercury, Mars, and Venus. The moon appears to be under the "feet" of the constellation Virgo in September 2017 and the sun will be passing through the constellation, which proponents interpret as the woman being "clothed with the sun".[4] The second verse of the twelfth chapter of John's Apocalypse goes on to say that the woman "was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth." Some people suggest this will be fulfilled because the planet Jupiter will be traversing the constellation after having undergone apparent retrograde motion after entering what they perceive to be Virgo's "womb" around November 20, 2016.[8] Jupiter exits the lower part of the "womb" 42 weeks later, which is the approximate length of a human gestation (normal gestation periods lasting from 37 to 42 weeks).

400px-Preg_web_final.gif

The 42 week gestation of Jupiter

It was also discovered that the apparent retrograde of Jupiter in the womb of Virgo was preceded by C/2017 E1 (Comet Borisov) which is being called the Conception Comet. This comet traveled from the loins of the constellation Leo to the womb of the constellation Virgo on November 17, 2016,[8] just before the entrance of Jupiter into the womb. Some proponents of the Revelation 12 Sign are suggesting that this comet represented the divine insemination of the woman, which subsequently produced the male child (Jupiter). This will be the comet's only trip through our solar system as it is not a solar orbital. The complete astronomical alignment occurred on September 23, 2017, over Jerusalem.[3][4]

The Revelation 12 Sign may have coincided with the High Holy Day of Rosh Hashanah on the Jewish calendar, which is also called the Feast of Trumpets. The Feast of Trumpets is the first of the Fall Feasts and its timing is traditionally based on the visibility of the new moon,[9] which in 2017 is began on the evening of September 20 and ended on the evening of the 22nd .[10] Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year celebration, in this case marking the end of the year 5777 (sometimes abbreviated to the significant number 777) and the beginning of 5778.

Interpretations of Revelation 12 vary, but the general consensus of those who promoted this theory was that the September 2017 alignment was the Great Sign which is described in this passage of Scripture: that the woman represents the nation of Israel, which they believe is about to enter into a multi-year period of Tribulation, and the male child represents the global Church, which might be raptured to Heaven before the Tribulation period begins according to Revelation 12:5.[11] Many proponents say that in order for people to escape before this impending judgment on the world and be "raptured", they must accept that the Christian Messiah Jesus Christ died for their sins, rose again, and is the only means of being reconciled to God. These views are shared by all of the major proponents of the Revelation 12 Sign Prophecy.[4][3][12][13][14]

This doesn't appear to be the kind of fulfillment of prophecy that a child would be able to test like the Beroeans.

And who is this Leo and who is this Virgo? Is the Lion (Leo) the Devil. Is this Virgo the Virgin Mary? And if so, why does the Devil impregnate Mary? And why is Jupiter the child? Jupiter is "Jove" or "God the Father" in Roman/Greek mythology. Does this mean that Jehovah was the product of Satan and the Virgin Mary? How does a child test and verify that the sun actually traveled through this same set of constellations since you can't see the stars when the sun is out. How does a humble child verify that 3 planets should be counted as stars so that you can add the 9 stars of Leo to Mercury, Mars and Venus to reach for the 12 stars. And then how does the child test and verify that the constellation is supposed to give birth to a planet, so that a planet means a child here.

Could all of this have been supported from other scripture? After all, it is all scripture that is inspired of God so that "so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work."

Yet if we use scripture alone, we probably would avoid these fulfillments of scripture with astrological overtones:

(Jeremiah 7:18) . . .to make sacrificial cakes to the Queen of Heaven, and they are pouring out drink offerings to other gods to offend me.

(Job 31:26-28) 26 If I saw the sun shining Or the moon moving in its splendor; 27 And my heart was secretly enticed, And my mouth kissed my hand in worship of them; 28 Then that would be an error deserving punishment by the judges, For I would have denied the true God above.

(Isaiah 47:13, 14) . . .You have grown weary with the multitude of your advisers. Let them stand up now and save you, Those who worship the heavens, who gaze at the stars, Those giving out knowledge at the new moons About the things that will come upon you. 14 Look! They are like stubble. A fire will burn them up.. . .

Also, a Bible student might have noticed that there was already a picture in scripture made up of the sun, moon and twelve stars, and it referred to a situation in the early history of Israel, which showed that Jehovah still had all things under control, even as the "seed" was being protected through life-threatening dangers:

(Genesis 37:9-11) . . .After that he had still another dream, and he related it to his brothers: “I have had another dream. This time the sun and the moon and 11 stars were bowing down to me.” 10 Then he related it to his father as well as his brothers, and his father rebuked him and said to him: “What is the meaning of this dream of yours? Am I as well as your mother and your brothers really going to come and bow down to the earth to you?” 11 And his brothers grew jealous of him, but his father kept the saying in mind.

10 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

@JW Insider  Please can you answer a few questions VERY simply for me.

1. Does the GB / CCJW teach that the apostles and early anointed ones are in heaven NOW reigning with Christ ?

Are you saying that You believe that the apostles and early anointed ones are still 'in the grave' awaiting their resurrection ?

2. Does the GB / CCJW teach that Jesus Christ became King in heaven in 1914 ? Or maybe another year ?

Do you believe that Jesus Christ became King in 33 C. E. ? 

3. When do the GB / CCJW teach that the '4 horsemen'  start or started riding ? Was it 1914 ?

When do you believe the 4 horsemen started riding ? Are you saying they started riding in 33 C. E. ?

I only want very simple answers and no need to back it up with scripture. 

@Kosonen If you want to answer these same questions from your own viewpoint then please do. But please keep it simple. 

Having just read the last five comments, a couple of which were big and deep (well for my simple brain anyway) I get very confused. 

@TrueTomHarley and @Anna  Your input would also be welcome. But as above please keep it simple for me. 

I need to know from a JW standpoint what is really being taught right now and what JWs believe from their own viewpoint. 

JW Insider pretty much answered your questions on what the CCJW believe.

The only problem I see with the anointed already being in heaven is that they are supposed to rule with Christ, which they are not yet, because that is not supposed to happen until the full number of 144 000 is there. They can't rule with some being in heaven and some being still on earth, or dead.  So I don't know what they are doing in heaven, sitting and waiting I guess...? So it would seem more logical that they are still in the grave and will be resurrected when ALL the anointed die. The problem with that is the timing. If there is just one anointed, lets say in their 30's, and they die a "natural old age death" then this would mean that it could be another 50 years before the "end" comes. Of course the Bible talks about a "rapture" where those who are alieve on earth will be taken up to heaven no matter their age. This is what the CCJW believe will happen in the Great Tribulation. So I suppose it solves that problem. I guess according to @JW Insider the other anointed who are in the grave will then also be resurrected to heaven.

You asked about my viewpoint on those questions. I honestly don't know. And I really don't think it matters too much. It should not matter in view of what it means to be a true Christian. JW Insider pointed that out. A lot of the attitude now is "let's wait and see". The important thing is being found to be on God's side when it all goes down.

I am so glad I began to ignore things that were supposed to happen , or supposedly have happened invisibly, all without the SLIGHTEST shred of actual evidence.

New Light ... Old Light ...Twilight ... Strobe Light ... Bud Light.

How many AWAKE! magazines have featured articles on how to deal with anxiety and stress in the last 50 years?

LOTS!

Yet ... we still have anxiety and stress.

Well ... not me ...

I even gave up Bud Light.

2020-03-20_013446.jpg

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

How many AWAKE! magazines have featured articles on how to deal with anxiety and stress in the last 50 years?...Yet ... we still have anxiety and stress.

Well, it’s not as though one needs only swallow a pill and that’s the end of it.

”Stop being anxious” Bro Morris quoted Jesus at the Regional from Atlanta, and then reiterated: “Just stop it!” as though you would scold a child - planting the notion that it ought to be possible.

Pssstttttt !    Ah.....that Miller is good.

Where is that verse—it’s there somewhere, find it for me, about wine existing so that mortal man can forget his woes as the need arises.

16 hours ago, Anna said:

Of course the Bible talks about a "rapture" where those who are alieve on earth will be taken up to heaven no matter their age. This is what the CCJW believe will happen in the Great Tribulation.

This was a relatively recent change in CCJW doctrine.

*** w15 3/15 p. 29 par. 18 Loyally Supporting Christ’s Brothers ***
Before Armageddon breaks out, anointed ones will be taken to heaven.

Prior to accepting the Biblical version of a "rapture" we taught that members of the anointed could continue to live out their lives on earth, either taken (raptured) at some time after Armageddon, or growing older and dying normally (of sickness?) while the rest of the world is growing younger and healthier, or being resurrected younger and healthier. That idea probably started to seem ludicrous.

In 1990 the Watchtower became less dogmatic, but continued to build the doctrine around the now-obsolete traditions about types and antitypes:

*** w90 8/15 pp. 30-31 Questions From Readers ***
Will some anointed Christians survive the “great tribulation” to live on earth in the new world before being taken to heaven?
Pointedly, the Bible does not say. . . . The Bible does not say that this will occur, yet certain patterns and prophecies have been taken to indicate that it might. . . . As an example involving Bible prophecy, The Watch Tower of December 15, 1928, discussed Micah 5:2-15. The book of Micah dealt with ‘the Assyrian’s’ desolating of Samaria and the Jews’ return from exile in Babylon. (Micah 1:1, 5-7; 4:10) But it also pointed to later developments, such as the Messiah’s birth in Bethlehem. (Micah 5:2) Micah prophesied that after their deliverance from “the Assyrian,” “the remaining ones of Jacob” would become “like dew from Jehovah” and “like a maned young lion among droves of sheep.” (Micah 5:6-8) The Watch Tower commented: “This may be taken as an indication that some of the remnant will be on earth even after Armageddon is fought and will then have some more work to do in the name of the Lord and to his praise and glory.” Notice the modest, reasonable language used to introduce this possibility: “This may be taken as an indication.”
What of a Bible account that might parallel such survival on earth? One example that has been presented concerns Noah and his family. Noah has been viewed as typifying Jesus in this time of the end. (Genesis 6:8-10; Matthew 24:37) As Noah led his wife and their three sons and daughters-in-law through the end of that ancient system, Christ will provide leadership for the remnant of his bride class and those who become children of the “Eternal Father,” Jesus. Noah’s wife survived the Flood and shared in the renewing of true worship on a cleansed earth. A parallel might be the survival into the new world of a remnant of the bride class.—Isaiah 9:6, 7; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Revelation 21:2, 9.
Other Biblical accounts have also been viewed as suggesting that some of the anointed might live into the new world. For example, Jeremiah survived the destruction of Jerusalem; “the man” with the secretary’s inkhorn remained to see the executional work before he went back to give his report.—Ezekiel 9:4, 8, 11.
Comments about the possibility that some of the anointed might survive into the new world are made with good intentions and in the light of Biblical precedents for trying to understand prophecies or patterns that could have later parallels. If it turns out that none of the anointed are left on earth, there will be no reason for dissatisfaction. We already have accepted that Biblical matters are understood better as time passes. For instance, The Watchtower of July 15, 1981, discussed Micah 5:6-9 again and explained that “the remnant of spiritual Israelites have not had to wait until after . . . Har–Magedon in order to be as a ‘dew’ of refreshment to people.” This discussion again offered the possibility that the remnant might survive God’s great war and for a while “continue to be as a refreshing ‘dew’ to the ‘great crowd’ of ‘other sheep.’” We can see, though, that the passing of time and the increase in spiritual light can broaden and alter our understanding of prophecy or of Bible dramas.—Proverbs 4:18.
... So it could be reasoned that some of the bride class will survive the great tribulation as evidence of Jehovah’s approval and protection. (Zephaniah 2:3; compare Matthew 24:22.) If they are thus preserved on earth, they could remain here until God chooses to take them to heaven.
However, the presentation in Revelation is not in strict sequential order. And it is not as though the small remnant of anointed ones will be needed to get the new world underway, for they have already trained millions of loyal Christians who will live forever on earth. Accordingly, God could take his anointed ones to heaven immediately after the destruction of Babylon the Great, setting the stage for “the marriage of the Lamb” to occur. All the holy ones could thus share with Christ in ‘shepherding the nations with an iron rod’ in the remainder of the great tribulation. (Revelation 2:26, 27; 19:11-21) If that is how God handles things, all the 144,000 would be with Jesus to ‘rule as kings with the Christ for the entire one thousand years.’—Revelation 20:4.

That article correctly noted that we could think about whether all of them are available for the marriage of the Lamb in heaven, and whether all of them could be available for sharing in shepherding the nations with an iron rod from heaven, or even whether all of them get to rule as kings for the entire thousand years. But all of these ideas would have required that we accept a kind of "rapture" even if shortly after Armageddon. So right up until that article in 1990, we still saw phrases like this:

*** w90 7/15 p. 20 par. 17 Our Treasure, a Modern-Day Ministry of Glory ***
The anointed know they must eventually finish their earthly course in death as Jesus did

Even the article from 1981, although non-dogmatic, still concluded that the remnant would survive Armageddon, and watch the spectacle from their places on earth.

*** w81 7/15 pp. 24-25 pars. 12-14 “Peoples Must Stream” to Life-giving Worship ***
13 How many of the anointed remnant of Christ’s joint heirs will survive with them through “the war of the great day of God the Almighty” at Har–Magedon we do not know, nor for how long thereafter. But for whatever time it is, they will continue to be as a refreshing “dew” to the “great crowd” of “other sheep.” ...
14 The remnant will take no military part in the “war of the great day of God the Almighty” at Har–Magedon. Like the Israelites in the days of King Jehoshaphat, they will merely stand and see the salvation of Jehovah by means of “the Lion that is of the tribe of Judah,” Jesus Christ. . . . (Mic. 4:13) Whatever is left behind after their destruction will be for use by the Har–Magedon survivors.

*** w83 10/1 p. 16 par. 13 Millions Get Ready for Uninterrupted Life on Earth ***
This means that a remnant of them are to survive the tribulation and be eyewitnesses of Jehovah’s strange act by which he will vindicate his sovereignty over heaven and earth.

*** w81 7/15 p. 23 par. 7 “Peoples Must Stream” to Life-giving Worship ***
Referring to this, the article “Ruler out of Bethlehem,” in the Watch Tower issue of December 15, 1928, said:
This may be taken as an indication that some of the remnant will be on earth even after Armageddon is fought and will then have some more work to do in the name of the Lord and to his praise and glory.

*** w70 1/15 p. 52 par. 11 Peace with God amid the “Great Tribulation” ***
This included quite a number of the remnant who experienced the “beginning of pangs of distress” during World War I. A number of these should survive still longer to see and go through the war of Armageddon, in harmony with Jesus’ words, at Matthew 24:33-35:

*** w69 8/15 p. 500 par. 20 Jehovah God, the Hearer of Prayer ***
all of the temple class are eventually united with Christ Jesus on his heavenly throne, after Armageddon?

*** w67 4/15 pp. 237-238 par. 1 The Benefits of Mankind’s Millennium ***
In answer the Holy Bible strongly indicates that a remnant of these heavenly Kingdom heirs will be preserved through the war of Armageddon for earthly service before their earthly demise and their resurrection and glorification in the heavens.

Note the extra dogmatism here, below, of which we have many examples prior to 1967, but the dogmatism mostly disappears after this:

*** w67 3/15 p. 185 A Political Union Doomed from Its Start ***
Here we have added proof, assurance, that a remnant of Christ’s spiritual brothers will survive Armageddon in the flesh and will for a while be in the flesh on earth in the new order after the battle.

On 3/18/2020 at 4:12 PM, Kosonen said:

1Thessalonians 4:17  Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we will always be with the Lord. 18  So keep comforting one another with these words.

Good that the GB finally begun to believe this scripture. I only wonder why did they not belive it right from the beginning? Is it not very easy to see what the scripture says?

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

*** w90 7/15 p. 20 par. 17 Our Treasure, a Modern-Day Ministry of Glory ***
The anointed know they must eventually finish their earthly course in death as Jesus did

Compare that statement with 1 Corinthians 15:51  Look! I tell you a sacred secret: We will not all fall asleep in death, but we will all be changed, 52  in a moment, in the blink of an eye, during the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we will be changed. 

Apostle Paul speaks about a sacred secret, a totally new prospect, the possibility to never experience death. He speaks here about two groups of anointed. One that has died before Jesus' arrival. Those Jesus needs to resurrect to heaven. The other group are anointed that are alive at Jesus' arrival and these will simply be changed from a material body to a heavenly body.

Jesus spoke about anointed being alive to meet him when he arrives. And he told several times that the anointed should be ready to meet him. And if they would be ready and awake, he would take them along, that is to heaven.

Here are a list of scriptures pointing out for the anointed especially to be ready and awake for Jesus' arrival. Otherwise the result will be that the anointed is not taken to heaven, but is left on earth.

Luke 17:31  “On that day let the person who is on the housetop but whose belongings are in the house not come down to pick these up, and likewise, the person out in the field must not return to the things behind.32  Remember the wife of Lot. 33  Whoever seeks to keep his life safe will lose it, but whoever loses it will preserve it alive. 34  I tell you, in that night two people will be in one bed; the one will be taken along, but the other will be abandoned. 35  There will be two women grinding at the same mill; the one will be taken along, but the other will be abandoned.” 36 —— 37  So in response they said to him: “Where, Lord?” He said to them: “Where the body is, there also the eagles will be gathered together.”

Luke 21:36 Keep awake, then, all the time making supplication that you may succeed in escaping all these things that must occur and in standing before the Son of man.”:

Matthew 24:40  Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken along and the other abandoned. 41  Two women will be grinding at the hand mill; one will be taken along and the other abandoned. 42  Keep on the watch, therefore, because you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43  “But know one thing: If the householder had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44  On this account, you too prove yourselves ready, because the Son of man is coming at an hour that you do not think to be it.

Mark 13:24  “But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25  and the stars will be falling out of heaven, and the powers that are in the heavens will be shaken. 26 And then they will see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27  And then he will send out the angels and will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from earth’s extremity to heaven’s extremity…...  32 “Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father. 33  Keep looking, keep awake, for you do not know when the appointed time is. 34  It is like a man traveling abroad who left his house and gave the authority to his slaves, to each one his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to keep on the watch. 35  Keep on the watch, therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming, whether late in the day or at midnight or before dawn or early in the morning, 36  in order that when he comes suddenly, he does not find you sleeping. 37 But what I say to you, I say to all: Keep on the watch.”

Luke 21:34  “But pay attention to yourselves that your hearts never become weighed down with overeating and heavy drinking and anxieties of life, and suddenly that day be instantly upon you 35  as a snare. For it will come upon all those dwelling on the face of the whole earth. 36 Keep awake, then, all the time making supplication that you may succeed in escaping all these things that must occur and in standing before the Son of man.”

Mark 13:33  Keep looking, keep awake, for you do not know when the appointed time is.

35 Keep on the watch, therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming,

Luke 12:35  “Be dressed and ready and have your lamps burning, 36  and you should be like men waiting for their master to return from the marriage, so when he comes and knocks, they may at once open to him. 37  Happy are those slaves whom the master on coming finds watching! Truly I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at the table and will come alongside and minister to them. 38  And if he comes in the second watch, even if in the third, and finds them ready, happy are they! 39 But know this, if the householder had known at what hour the thief would come, he would not have let his house be broken into. 40  You also, keep ready, because at an hour that you do not think likely, the Son of man is coming.”

Matthew 25:6  Right in the middle of the night there was a shout: ‘Here is the bridegroom! Go out to meet him.’ 7  Then all those virgins got up and put their lamps in order. 8 The foolish said to the discreet, ‘Give us some of your oil, because our lamps are about to go out.’ 9  The discreet answered, saying: ‘Perhaps there may not be enough for both us and you. Go instead to those who sell it, and buy some for yourselves.’ 10 While they were going off to buy it, the bridegroom came. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut. 11  Afterward, the rest of the virgins also came, saying, ‘Sir, Sir, open to us!’ 12  In answer he said, ‘I tell you the truth, I do not know you.’ 13 “Keep on the watch, therefore, because you know neither the day nor the hour.

1 Thessalonians 1: 9 For they themselves keep reporting about our first contact with you and how you turned to God from your idols to slave for a living and true God, 10  and to wait for his Son from the heavens,whom he raised up from the dead, namely, Jesus, who rescues us from the wrath that is coming.

Philippians 3:20 But our citizenship exists in the heavens, and we are eagerly waiting for a savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

Romans 8:23 Not only that, but we ourselves also who have the firstfruits, namely, the spirit, yes, we ourselves groan within ourselves while we are earnestly waiting for adoption as sons,+ the release from our bodies by ransom.

1 Corinthians 1:7 so that you do not lack in any gift at all, while you are eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ. 8 He will also make you firm to the end so that you may be open to no accusation in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.