The World News Media

George Benson in Concert - Cardiff, UK

The Librarian

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

I enjoyed your posting so much - even read it to my husband,

I’ve spiffed it up, renamed you, and have put some of it on my own blog, as the first of a multi-part series. The succeeding parts I’ll put here first, however. And if you’re kind enough to say your hubby enjoyed the post, I guess I should tell @pudgy that my wife loved the cartoon about why you shouldn’t be drunk when adopting a dog.

Alas, the post has earned you one or two ‘MYOB’ responses. Not to worry, though. I’ll run interference for you. I respect you for the courage to say something you know is going to be unpopular.

• Views 8.9k
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should it matter? My sister knows a former band player from the "Sly and The Family Stones." She's gone door to door with him. I figure, to each their own in this case. Some apostles gave up their hig

You dim and bitter bulb that sucks away light, if money was the object, the org would not continually advise young ones to tone it down, stay low-key, put Jehovah first over riches, and so forth! I me

At first I thought you might be being somewhat judgemental on the overseer George Benson....and stayed quiet.... however when you wrote the above it got me to thinking.... Wasn't there an officia

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mankeptforunnaturalporpoises said:

I bet you’re fun at parties,

She says she is:

On 7/10/2022 at 12:08 AM, Arauna said:

Lol. If he was in my congregation I would say nothing. His choices are his own.  I would listen to him at a get-together for sure....

But I said what I said because I come here to share an opinion which I may not Express any where else....

I accept that. It’s my fault, really. She says what she says before just a few and I relay it to the whole wide world.

8 hours ago, Mankeptforunnaturalporpoises said:

I bet you’re  fun at parties.

I am - I love dancing and usually get everyone to dance.  I usually entertain everyone.  I am not stuck up - which I assume you think I am because I stick up for principles.  I love Jehovah and people...... 

1 hour ago, Mankeptforunnaturalporpoises said:

It wasn’t the principles as much as it was judging your fellow brother. 

Not to worry. As far as I know, George didn’t take out a contract on her. I appreciate her remarks for the principle it brings up, even if I see no need to apply it to any specific person.

33 minutes ago, Arauna said:

He is setting an example one would expect from a Christian from Christendom.

My wife was sputtering when her student sent her a clip of the song, ‘What if God were one of us.’ It’s the next line that grabbed her: ‘just a slob like one of us.’

Relax, I said, it’s so seldom you see anything remotely spiritual in pop media, she probably got all excited by it, as a new one might be enthralled at Charlton Heston in the Ten Commandments, overlooking how he pops Pharaoh is the nose and gets the girl.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.