The World News Media

George Benson in Concert - Cardiff, UK

The Librarian

17 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Do you clean windows?

Should it matter? My sister knows a former band player from the "Sly and The Family Stones." She's gone door to door with him. I figure, to each their own in this case. Some apostles gave up their high positions to serve. The point there is, they were the first. Their evangelizing was different. 

If anyone can balance theirs lives to serve God in the proper manner, then no one should be critical of their bothers. That just shows envy and jealousy. 

If one becomes high profile. Not shaming the name of God would be a high priority. I remember, when "Prince" praised Jehovah in a ceremony he attended. President Obama was there, I think. Meantime, he found time to go door to door. But then, he died of a drug overdose.

• Views 8.9k
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should it matter? My sister knows a former band player from the "Sly and The Family Stones." She's gone door to door with him. I figure, to each their own in this case. Some apostles gave up their hig

You dim and bitter bulb that sucks away light, if money was the object, the org would not continually advise young ones to tone it down, stay low-key, put Jehovah first over riches, and so forth! I me

At first I thought you might be being somewhat judgemental on the overseer George Benson....and stayed quiet.... however when you wrote the above it got me to thinking.... Wasn't there an officia

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Mankeptforunnaturalporpoises said:

If only he’d given it all up and become a window cleaner.

In USA one gets quite a good pension, especially if you were born there.  So he could have retired and do more in service - that would be a good example. But I am also concerned that everyone here sees him as an excellent example!  So many young people will follow his example!

Yikes! Well THAT certainly backfired! Some firebrand of a sister saw my post on FB, read only the preview portion, took @Arauna’s sentiments for mine, and chewed me out royal! She also said my books are crap (not her word) and unfollowed me!

And here I’ve tried so hard to be the JW successor to Mickey Spitlane, who famously declared that he would never introduce a character who drank cognac or wore a mustache since he didn’t know how to spell those words.

Never again will I tangle with Arauna.. 

43 minutes ago, Arauna said:

What sentiments were a problem?

That George should be scolded. Her remarks of support for George are relevant to the discussion. To me she said:

“Yes, live quietly and myob! Very judgemental I would say. I don't care whose a famous Jehovah's witness and who isn't. I happen to know that Brother Benson has taken time from his busy schedule to donate time doing specific songs that are original songs... As for Brother Nelson, yes, he was desperately trying to get off drugs. He had a bad hip and lived in constant pain. I was addicted at one time as well, thanks to a quack doctor. I am friends with someone on the inside of the music industry..Chazz Dixon. He sister called me before the news media went nuts!  Prince never wanted to go public with his issue and others were afraid too! But I do know that your books sound like more gossip then facts.. You can cause divisions within the congregations . Satan is just loving this! I no long want any association with you Tom.”

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

In USA one gets quite a good pension, especially if you were born there. 

Apparently you haven't met JWs who are barely scraping by because they don't have pensions - house cleaners, window washers, doing handyman work, childcare; which also goes for a good amount of people within the population.  I knew of a woman who never had a career, only that of special pioneering when younger. After that, she became a house cleaner and not with a company, which means no chance of receiving a pension.  She was much older than I, and I wondered and even fretted over how she would survive in her old age, since any family was gone.   I have seen teachers barely survive on pensions that only covered necessities and bills to remain in a house.  

I doubt these people have pensions...

Here's a look at how bad the homeless problem in Los Angeles has become -  YouTube

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.