The World News Media

Trying to nail down 612 BCE as the date of Nineveh's destruction

xero

3 hours ago, JW Insider said:

But I do have a problem when Witnesses go online and make us look stupid by publicly claiming that the best evidence is for 607 BCE, and it's therefore somehow more Biblical, and 587 is somehow "apostate."

I have the same problem JWI with witnesses that come here and make the Watchtower look stupid by claiming 587 BC is the answer, and somehow their words become apostates defending that assertion not the data presented, since they are sowing discourse against the application of scripture. What does James 1:26 mention? 
Therefore, it's not your denial of 607 BC, but you coming here in public supporting a false view, just because you don't understand history the way it should be understood, and you don't want your ego to be bruised since that would mean you have been wrong since the 80s, along with your friends here.

• Views 10.4k
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You keep implying that the 1914 doctrine is there to prove that the GT, Big A had begun then, and God's Kingdom has already been "established" -- that the doctrine claims all this has already occurred

All right. I already provided a correct and complete response. But for you, I will try again. Why would you ask that? I have specifically claimed that it is NOT in the Chronicles. First, there

As you probably already know, the WTS publications are correct when they state: *** kc p. 187 Appendix to Chapter 14 *** Business tablets: Thousands of contemporary Neo-Babylonian cuneiform tab

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, George88 said:

I don't understand how God's chronology could be considered worldly. Can we erase the Old Testament or the words in the Bible?

If humanity has been "alienated from God" since the fall of Adam and Eve and if this world is "ruled by Satan", then there is no "Biblical chronology" od "God's chronology" but only "Satanic chronology". lol

48 minutes ago, xero said:

I picked Hillah, Iraq for the location, rolled back to April 22, 568 BCE and I'm not seeing what I'm supposed to see.

You are very close though. You are only one year off. You are at -568 which is actually 569 BCE. Astronomy dates use a zero year: 1 BCE is 0 [astron.]; 2 BCE -1 [astron.]. So just subtract one for the astronomy date and use -567 to see 568 BCE.  

@xero

Opponents turn to the manipulation of tablets using a 569 with an 18-year cycle. The tablets are organized according to the 19-year Saros Cycle. It concludes in 568 BC, the designated time for their placement. That you have just discovered is something that disrupts the observation. However, when someone attempts to use it in reverse, they immediately protest that it's impossible.

So, I recommend using your own judgment.

Since all the energy, work, analysis, and effort spent on this thread is ultimately to prove that God’s kingdom was established in 1914 or thereabouts it’s all a complete waste of effort.

I can look out the window and see that Armageddon never happened.

I can look out the window and see if the great tribulation never happened.

I can look out the window and see we’re not living on a paradise earth.

A billion words repeated a million different ways over 200 years will not change that.

Reality is what it is.

15 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Since all the energy, work, analysis, and effort spent on this thread is ultimately to prove that God’s kingdom was established in 1914 or thereabouts it’s all a complete waste of effort.

I can look out the window and see that Armageddon never happened.

I can look out the window and see if the great tribulation never happened.

I can look out the window and see we’re not living on a paradise earth.

A billion words repeated a million different ways over 200 years will not change that.

Reality is what it is.

Not so much. <inside joke>If you calculate 2520 years back from July 26, 1931, would be approximately July 26, 589 B.C.E</inside joke>

July 26, 1931, marks the date when Uruguay became the first country in the world to legalize cannabis for recreational use. This was a significant moment in the history of cannabis legislation.

In July 1931, one significant event was the Japanese invasion of Manchuria, which began on July 7th. This marked the beginning of a series of conflicts that eventually led to World War II in the Pacific.

Several significant events occurred in 1931, including the Great Depression hitting its peak, the Empire State Building being completed, and the founding of the Yangtze River Protection Campaign in China. Additionally, the Statute of Westminster was passed, granting legislative independence to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Ireland.

Things that happened 2520 years before that have no real meaning today.

Not REALLY.

2 hours ago, BTK59 said:

@xero

Opponents turn to the manipulation of tablets using a 569 with an 18-year cycle. The tablets are organized according to the 19-year Saros Cycle. It concludes in 568 BC, the designated time for their placement. That you have just discovered is something that disrupts the observation. However, when someone attempts to use it in reverse, they immediately protest that it's impossible.

I think some desperate people are hoping you will get no farther on this. I hope you stick with it without distractions. 

So I think I will point out the potential distractions in the post above:

Opponents turn to the manipulation of tablets using a 569 with an 18-year cycle.

False. No one in the entire world uses 569 with an 18-year cycle. And the word "opponents" sounds a bit out of place, here. The WTS is the only opponent of the tablets that I have ever heard of. 

The tablets are organized according to the 19-year Saros Cycle.

The tablets are most definitely not organized according any 19-year Saros Cycle. First of all there is no such thing as a 19-year Saros Cycle. 

That you have just discovered is something that disrupts the observation.

Obviously not. Although I have a feeling someone would just love to disrupt the observation. It seems you are getting a little too close for comfort, as they say.

2 hours ago, BTK59 said:

However, when someone attempts to use it in reverse, they immediately protest that it's impossible.

Maybe trying to figure out what that means is supposed to delay your progress by another week. LOL

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

July 26, 1931, marks the date when Uruguay became the first country in the world to legalize cannabis for recreational use. This was a significant moment in the history of cannabis legislation.

In July 1931, one significant event was the Japanese invasion of Manchuria, which began on July 7th. This marked the beginning of a series of conflicts that eventually led to World War II in the Pacific.

Several significant events occurred in 1931, including the Great Depression hitting its peak, the Empire State Building being completed, and the founding of the Yangtze River Protection Campaign in China. Additionally, the Statute of Westminster was passed, granting legislative independence to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and Ireland.

Things that happened 2520 years before that have no real meaning today.

Not REALLY.

It's when we adopted the name, "Jehovah's Witnesses". 7/26/1931

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.