The World News Media

Jehovah's Witnesses lose court battle over disclosing records on 2 ex-members - British Columbia

Srecko Sostar

On 3/3/2024 at 4:54 PM, George88 said:

Countries around the world are striving to eliminate the privileged legal status of the clergy.

Considering the victims who have lived through hardships at the hands of the clergy, it is a good move to remove this privilege for such things/reasons.

• Views 397
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Srecko, it seems that there is a certain degree of bias in this specific court. It's quite amusing how both Canada and Australia advocate for utmost privacy. However, when it comes to the Watcht

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-jehovahs-witness-privacy-battle-1.7079252 The B.C. Supreme Court has ruled against two congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses that tried to argue

I believe that a superior court may consider invoking Section 337 of the act and potentially apply the reasoning outlined in Lizotte, in Blank v. Canada (Minister of Justice), [2006] 2 S.C.R. 319. C

13 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Considering the victims who have lived through hardships at the hands of the clergy, it is a good move to remove this privilege for such things/reasons.

So, are you suggesting that it was a mistake for world governments to provide this level of protection according to their own rules and regulations? Remember, it was the governments that implemented those laws.

28 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Are you so sure of yourself (and own reading of the Bible) so you equate "the righteous" with "membership in the JWs religion"?

I believe that anyone who faithfully follows God's commands can be considered among the meek unless you interpret scripture differently. The concept of resurrection takes on a unique significance within the context of the new world order.

25 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

You're making claims I didn't make. But if you want, I'll answer the question.

If Jesus felt like Paul, who said that he "was everything to everyone", then Jesus could also identify himself with everyone else in his society.

That was the impression I got from your statement. However, your approach has a flaw: Jesus was perfect, while Paul wasn't. The fact remains, that they both lived in an imperfect world.

19 minutes ago, George88 said:

So, are you suggesting that it was a mistake for world governments to provide this level of protection according to their own rules and regulations? Remember, it was the governments that implemented those laws.

No, I don't suggesting nothing/anything, i just say how it is good to remove this privilege from clergy.

17 minutes ago, George88 said:

I believe that anyone who faithfully follows God's commands can be considered among the meek unless you interpret scripture differently.

Do you have some individuals or a certain group in mind as such who faithfully follow "God's commandments"?

14 minutes ago, George88 said:

That was the impression I got from your statement. However, your approach has a flaw: Jesus was perfect, while Paul wasn't. The fact remains, that they both lived in an imperfect world.

I would expect a "perfect" person to understand the people around him better than an "imperfect" person can. Or?

6 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

No, I don't suggesting nothing/anything, i just say how it is good to remove this privilege from clergy.

Let's observe the Vatican's level of determination in opposing it, as well as the number of governments willing to eradicate it from their legislation. It is essential to consider that certain governments, such as those in Canada and Australia, operate autonomously from one another.

Do you have some individuals or a certain group in mind as such who faithfully follow "God's commandments"?

Some religions approve of the killing of others and support self-proclaimed human rights, including gay rights. However, many religious beliefs are considered false unless there is a different interpretation regarding which religions will prevail. Would you happen to know of such, those that deviate from Christ's teaching?

I would expect a "perfect" person to understand the people around him better than an "imperfect" person can. Or?

Jesus had a perfect understanding. Did he remove human imperfections during his time on earth? Paul truly comprehended this as an imperfect man. Otherwise, how could he have turned from Saul to Paul and followed in the footsteps of a perfect man, despite his imperfections? It's all about action, behavior, and deeds.

On 3/6/2024 at 5:55 PM, George88 said:

Would you happen to know of such, those that deviate from Christ's teaching?

Is there any religion today that is not a deviation?

On 3/6/2024 at 5:55 PM, George88 said:

Did he remove human imperfections during his time on earth?

The people around him didn't even expect that. They were satisfied if he fed them or cured them of their diseases. Or he forgave their sins. Or while they listened to him speak. That made them feel good.

The term "good" in the Bible is synonymous for "perfect". Like God's statement in Genesis; "...and it was good".

8 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Is there any religion today that is not a deviation?

Wasn't that something the Pharisees did to assert their authority by adding to God's commands?

The people around him didn't even expect that. They were satisfied if he fed them or cured them of their diseases. Or he forgave their sins. Or while they listened to him speak. That made them feel good.

Had he absolved them of the original sin? I believe many of them were also aware of the past miracles performed by God for the Jewish nation, which were subsequently rejected by the same line of people.

The term "good" in the Bible is synonymous for "perfect". Like God's statement in Genesis; "...and it was good".

It is, however, it is not for "sinless."

2 hours ago, George88 said:

Wasn't that something the Pharisees did to assert their authority by adding to God's commands?

You say well. We can also agree that the GB adds its commandments, as did the Pharisees.

2 hours ago, George88 said:
10 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

It is, however, it is not for "sinless."

I can only say that God did not call his creative works with word "sinless" (or "perfect") but only with word "good". Perhaps because "perfection" does not exclude "sinfulness". 

The capacity to sin is not some kind of "privilege" or "characteristic" of the imperfect, but also of the "perfect". Adam and Eve are proof that one can be "perfect" and commit sin.

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

You say well. We can also agree that the GB adds its commandments, as did the Pharisees.

I have not come across any comparison between the Watchtower Governing Body and the Pharisees. The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses strictly adheres to God's laws and faithfully enforces them, just as Jesus did. It is worth noting that Jesus did express criticism towards the Pharisees in this regard.

However, if the day comes when the Watchtower Governing Body starts to act like the Pharisees, spiritual Israel will recognize it, and God will judge them just as He judged those who added to the laws of Moses for their benefit instead of serving God's people.

God will also judge spiritual Israel if they choose to disobey Him, just as the natural Jews did.

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I can only say that God did not call his creative works with word "sinless" (or "perfect") but only with word "good". Perhaps because "perfection" does not exclude "sinfulness". 

The capacity to sin is not some kind of "privilege" or "characteristic" of the imperfect, but also of the "perfect". Adam and Eve are proof that one can be "perfect" and commit sin.

God did not need anything other than creation to accept the "state of consciousness" for themselves. Those words simply conform to that level, so the terms "perfection" and "sinless" are human factors equivalent to that state.

We can better grasp this concept by understanding that Scripture distinguishes between the sinful (imperfect) and the sinless (perfect). It would be unjust to equate Jesus with humanity, as he was in a completely different category unless there is evidence to the contrary.

Your hypothesis can be examined through a careful analysis of your choice of words. It is important to clarify that God did not create robots; rather, He created humans with the ability to think and make decisions. However, God did give the first pair a command: they were prohibited from eating the fruit of knowledge. This command should have been straightforward to comply with, and we can speculate as to why Eve, in her wisdom, did not reject Satan's challenge.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.