The World News Media

Jehovah's Witnesses lose court battle over disclosing records on 2 ex-members - British Columbia

Srecko Sostar

52 minutes ago, George88 said:

I have not come across any comparison between the Watchtower Governing Body and the Pharisees. The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses strictly adheres to God's laws and faithfully enforces them, just as Jesus did. It is worth noting that Jesus did express criticism towards the Pharisees in this regard.

However, if the day comes when the Watchtower Governing Body starts to act like the Pharisees, spiritual Israel will recognize it, and God will judge them just as He judged those who added to the laws of Moses for their benefit instead of serving God's people.

God will also judge spiritual Israel if they choose to disobey Him, just as the natural Jews did.

I may be wrong, but I get the impression that you are a long-time member of the JW religion. If you are, then it's troubling that you haven't already noticed how the GB adds its own "wisdom" to the Bible. One of the last examples of "adding" (and/or "subtracting") is the abolition of counting the hours that ordinary JWs spend in service.
So, was the instruction to count the hours an "addition" to the Bible, or was the instruction to no longer count the hours a "subtraction" from the Bible?

Warning! Of course, this question is also "a trap". Because, no matter how you answer, you will show that GB is outside the Biblical standard. lol

• Views 400
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Srecko, it seems that there is a certain degree of bias in this specific court. It's quite amusing how both Canada and Australia advocate for utmost privacy. However, when it comes to the Watcht

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-jehovahs-witness-privacy-battle-1.7079252 The B.C. Supreme Court has ruled against two congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses that tried to argue

I believe that a superior court may consider invoking Section 337 of the act and potentially apply the reasoning outlined in Lizotte, in Blank v. Canada (Minister of Justice), [2006] 2 S.C.R. 319. C

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.