The World News Media

Was Jesus an "unbaptized publisher" when he was 12?

Srecko Sostar

What is the biblical basis for the existence of the status called "unbaptized publisher"?

This is how it is explained in the JW cartoon. Of course, some elements in this interpretation are outdated doctrine that is no longer valid. If we exclude the "small unimportant detail" that "hours no longer count", the question still remains:

Did Jesus become an "unbaptized preacher at the age of 12"? And if so, how?

Key words in this video are: license, approved, elders, desire to be JW = unbaptized publisher. Are those words in Bible, too?

pk_E_048_r720P.mp4  

• Views 144
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you have a strong knowledge of biblical times, could you describe Jesus' daily life as a young boy?

What is the biblical basis for the existence of the status called "unbaptized publisher"? This is how it is explained in the JW cartoon. Of course, some elements in this interpretation are outdat

Several people did not receive their calling from God until they reached adulthood. However, the perception of a person's age was quite different in that era. This could shed light on why Apostle Matt

When it comes to Bible narrations, I don't have a specific preference. However, I do enjoy identifying and exploring other people's views, since I know where the mistakes are. But they can be quite entertaining. However, this does not diminish the fact that Jesus was indeed teaching an attentive audience about his divine father, thus solidifying his role as a young preacher in our collective consciousness.

In addition to the description of the child Jesus as a kind of "publisher" according to the context of WTJWorg, I note that the "predecessor" of Jesus, later known as "John the Baptist" was not "preaching active" as a child. Does it have some significance?

Apart from that, I don't remember that there are examples from the Christian life of the community of believers in the NT that would provide proof that their children (minors) in the 1st century were "unbaptized publishers".

Several people did not receive their calling from God until they reached adulthood. However, the perception of a person's age was quite different in that era. This could shed light on why Apostle Matthew began his ministry at a young age. Nonetheless, it is important to remember that the focus was always on Jesus, not on John.

So, when Christianity emerged, who can claim that a young person did not pass on the message of Christ to other young people without providing evidence that such a scenario was not feasible?

Basically, I conclude from these few sentences that you wrote, that in the first Christian assembly there was no concept of "unbaptized publisher".

Therefore, I present the following conclusion, WTJWorg has no biblical basis for its theological and administrative thesis and practice by which it presents this condition to candidates for baptism.

In the first century, the only condition for someone to be baptized was the act of repentance for their sins and faith in Jesus.

Unbaptized is quite easy to understand about what the topic is being spoken about. The person about to engage in this ministry has taken the step to publicly proclaim that they have repented and been baptized. This step, not found in scripture,  is one that protects the NAME we carry as WITNESSES OF JEHOVAH. Just not anybody can go out and be apart of this ministry. I can't be a drunk person or someone who lives in decently and proudly go from door to door, speaking of the kingdom with my life known by my community. What shame it would have on those in the congregation,  how could they preach; the only thing on people's mind and mouths would be ME! You know what drama does to the human psyche, so to protect these very instances from occurring on a constant level; any able-bodied, well,knowledgeable chaste and repented person can become a PUBLISHER of the good news for Jehovah, and would eventually become a BAPTIZED JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES. 

We are living in the 21st century,  and pure common sense travels throughout time. Use it, please and not for the sake of arguing over trivial things like children. You know something, other grown people do also. What many DO NOT KNOW, is there is only 1 approved way to worship God, and very few are traveling down that road, even one of us JW's, that is why all the recent reminders about what JEHOVAH wants not us. Time is on Jehovah's side, not ours. We need to live the life, do the work, don't seek the outcome, way above our pay grade. We do what is asked of us, endure to whatever end comes, Jehovah God will do his part. 

All this crap,back and forth between us now,is time consuming and worthless  in God's eyes. We agree or disagree,  so what? The sun still rises in the east and sets in the west,right? Get your life together and have the human decency to help your family, friends and neighbors.      AGAPE. 

On 3/8/2024 at 6:54 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

Therefore, I present the following conclusion, WTJWorg has no biblical basis for its theological and administrative thesis and practice by which it presents this condition to candidates for baptism.

What are the best practices driven by scripture that apply?

On 3/8/2024 at 6:54 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

In the first century, the only condition for someone to be baptized was the act of repentance for their sins and faith in Jesus.

What is the purpose of the bible?

Can we continue as IT was practiced then, as the message was taught to  more and more cultures,  expanding beyond the reach of those in Jerusalem.  The entire setup for oversight would have to be re-ORGANIZED, right? But, the apostasy came, and threw a monkey wrench in what should have been. WE did not stay united, became among the weeds that overgrown us,  so during these modern times, this is how things are done, still within scriptural parameters,  not doing things as a group of men, but following the guidance of him who said he would be with those who are following him until the conclusion of the system of things. That was not an empty statement,  so I do not forget it. Moses could been seen as doing things his way, by those who disagreed with him, they forgot easily who had the power and was truly guiding them.  We do the very same thing, pointing to the G8, but not allowing for Jesus being the Head as the Bible says he is. Even if we disagree, we are with Jesus, not only with these men we see. As I perfect men, Jesus is not stupid or blind to what they or the elders say and do all over this planet. It is NOT for us to judge, not our job. We will be doing someone else's work  and not what we should be doing,  preaching!

There is basis, do you want to follow, or stand aside and gripe about? Either action will be judged, but not by us or those you are fussing about,  Jehovah has the final say, so your argument, is moot!

There are two "facts".
One is that WTJWorg wants to establish Christianity as it was in the 1st century, because that would be, says WTJWorg, the only proper and true worship of God. Moreover, WTJWorg claims that their current form of Christianity is in fact like that of the 1st century, so this supposedly sets it apart from all other forms of Christianity which, again according to WTJWorg, are false Christianity.

Another "fact" was highlighted in the comment, which is that we live in the 21st century. That knowledge is supposed to be the justification for the various modified forms of religious activity and dogma that are part of the WTJWorg.
Aren't these two "facts" actually in conflict? In the 21st century, there is no copied model of worship from the 1st century. At least not at WTJWorg.
The pattern of Christianity from the 1st century does not know the institute of "unbaptized publisher". Please, what biblical passage or account is the prototype from which WTJWorg invented the model that exists today?

If it is in JWs interest to follow the example of Jesus and the example of the "first Christians", then the discussion on this issue should not be tiresome and irrelevant, childish. Because, even the slightest failure to conform to "pure worship" would place them in the group that Jesus rejects.

Jesus did not approve of the baptism of small children, because he did not tell them to repent and be baptized. He gave such a warning only to adults, men and women.
Furthermore, there was no form of "Bible study" in the 1st century. There were no deadlines for how long the "Bible studies" lasted, no specific written word, literature, no questions asked by the elders. There is no such biblical account that supports JWs practice today.

If it is something called "modernization" of original Christianity, then JWs should ask themselves further questions. Is respect for "children's rights as seen by the UN and EHCR" a modern practice that they should adopt? Should they adopt "women's equality"? Etc.

How can JWs determine the necessary balance between the old and the new? Based on which parameter? How will they measure what is "modern" and what is "outdated"?

Jesus was not an "unbaptized publisher". He was born as a Jew and died as a Jew. His baptism was not an indication that he rejected Judaism and accepted Christianity.
So, JWs baptism of adults has a different meaning and significance than that of Jesus. JWs baptisms of children are completely unbiblical. That is the "modern" deviation of Christianity in the 20th and 21st centuries.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.