The World News Media

Bible Speaks

9 "At that Satan answered Jehovah: “Is it for nothing that Job has feared God?"
(Job 1:9) NWT

Job Kept Integrity Under Test

Job lived in Uz during the time the Israelites were enslaved in Egypt.      Though not an Israelite, Job was a loyal worshipper of Jehovah. He had a large family, great wealth, and influence in his community. He was a highly regarded counselor and an impartial judge.             He was generous to the poor and       needy. Job was a man of integrity.

Job clearly showed that Jehovah was the most important Person in his life
1:8-11, 22; 2:2-5.  

• Satan took note of Job’s integrity. He did not deny Job’s obedience to Jehovah; rather, he questioned Job’s motives

• Satan claimed that Job served Jehovah out of selfish interest

• To provide an answer to Satan’s charge, Jehovah allowed Satan to attack that faithful man. Satan brought devastation to all aspects of Job’s life

• When Job maintained his integrity, Satan questioned the integrity of all men

• Job did not sin or accuse God of doing anything wrong

IMG_0602.JPG

• Views 1.7k
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Job's faithful example in the face of hard-to-understand tests of faith to this day remains a remarkable and universal answer to Satan's charges regarding human integrity under test. I love this passa

Jesus  and  Job.  are  our  best  paragons  in  our  bad  end-time.  Its  very  difficult  for  us  all,  bec. we  are  getting  more  and  more  imperfect !  We  must  be  close  to  our  congregatio

@b4ucuhear I was working today, what joy I have had to read your letter. Yes, Jehovah is my Stronghold! I grew up in the Truth, my Dad was an Elder, Congregation Servant over 65 years. My Mother worke

Posted Images

Job's faithful example in the face of hard-to-understand tests of faith to this day remains a remarkable and universal answer to Satan's charges regarding human integrity under test. I love this passage not only for Job's example, but for how much it is a source of strength and encouragement for those relatively few who face similar tests of faith in modern times. The thing that makes his integrity such a source of encouragement to me today is not the physical loss, pain and suffering he endured. Yes those things were bad, but those types of difficulties are also faced by humans in general - even those who don't believe in God. They face the loss of loved ones, loss of financial security, false friends... No, what is so special about Job's example and what made it especially trying was that he endured these things under the mistaken belief that he was receiving unjust "discipline from Jehovah."  And yet Job knew he was innocent.  This has a modern counterpart, although rare (as was Job's case). Today at times, faithful brothers/sisters have received what is described as "discipline from Jehovah," and when they proclaim their innocence, they are seen as proud, rebellious - not humbly accepting said discipline. Only one thing wrong: they are at times completely innocent. Of course, errors in judgment can be expected when you are dealing with imperfect humans who at times don't follow scriptural principles, have all the facts or the ability to miraculously read human hearts - or even when emotions come into play. However, Job's example becomes more poignant when Satan is really behind the lying charges, when the whole affair seems really to be an orchestrated machination of the Devil. At times, men administering this "discipline from Jehovah" have been outright lying to cover up serious wrongdoing of themselves or friends. When "wicked men and imposters" with authority manipulate/orchestrate an attack on innocent individuals in order to protect themselves, and these same men are said/believed to be representing Jehovah and administering discipline on his behalf while removing or even disfellowshipping individuals to silence them, it can appear as if Jehovah is "disciplining" them unfairly. Yes, believe it or not, these things happen at times within Jehovah's organization and I have been on committees that had to reinstate such innocent individuals who for years were disfellowshipped based on lies. True, very few of our brothers and sisters will face this level of corruption from "shining stars in Jesus' right hand." But for those that do, Job's example in the face of such hard-to-understand or even hard to believe tests of faith are a faith/life saver and we can be glad that our loving heavenly Father has had the foresight to include these and other examples for our benefit today - both in a general sense for most and in a very specific sense for a few. That makes personal study, prayer and meditation so critical at this late stage. Don't ever take it for granted. 

@b4ucuhear You are amazing, or are you a messenger for Jehovah? An hour ago I was intently praying for more direction and strength to keep strong and helping all our beloved family in so much pain and adversity. Everywhere we look, so much to pray for and helping one another!     Yes, Satan knows those that are stronger that hold themselves close to Jehovah in these hard times. I pray constantly to be like His loving Son, he bore so much pain and was faithful under trial. Our Exempler for sure. I had to go through so many things, 45 year marriage with a Christian man, not spiritual, abusive. Jehovah took my hand still has it. Not believed at all, as a women needs two witnesses to show abuse. Finally, almost dying twice went to get help from superior authorities for nonsupport. Jehovah took my hand again and took care of me and still is. Nothing was ever done to this man. Yet court proved his actions. So we must leave everything  in Jehovah's hands. The scriptures do say that those living with Christ will be persecuted. Prayer, meetings are essential. Maybe in time, viewpoints will change on women and how they suffer, but you know if my Eternal Father suffered, I pray I can also be worthy of him. Even looking to Job,we don't know, perhaps even Satan is fighting our weaknesses? We must fight whatever comes and be faithful to the end. Thank you for your love and wisdom.May Jehovah Bless you in your endeavors. Bible Speaks ???

Jesus  and  Job.  are  our  best  paragons  in  our  bad  end-time.  Its  very  difficult  for  us  all,  bec. we  are  getting  more  and  more  imperfect !  We  must  be  close  to  our  congregation  -  but  first  always  talking  to  Jehovah.  Perhaps  he  can  rescue  us  and  we  see  the  NW :)  I  hope  so  much  we  all  work  it❤

@Bible Speaks I am so happy to see you have endured. But not only endured, you have risen above the injustice and hardships you have experienced in order to be a source of encouragement and strength to your brothers and sisters - I really enjoy and appreciate your "Bible Speaks" posts and find them encouraging as well.  I know well "not believed at all" and "nothing was ever done." If you look in the Bible record, as you already know, some of our faithful brothers and sisters in times past saw justice soon afterwards. However, for others it took years or even decades. For others still, they did not see justice in their lifetimes. (1 Tim. 5:24) We do what we can and then as you properly mentioned, "leave things in Jehovah's hands." That doesn't always mean that Jehovah is slow in responding however. Since he doesn't force any shepherds to act appropriately in behalf of his sheep, at times the fault lies with men in authority who "don't want to get their hands dirty in order to keep Jehovah's organization clean" - the path of least resistance. Just remember, as was true in Job's case, "we are a spectacle to men and to angels." So even if no other human on earth is aware of you pain, your (and others') faithful example under trying times give a universal answer. One of my favourite scriptures to keep in mind is also one we all know well: "Be wise, my son (or daughter), and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him who taunts me." Your faithfulness never goes unnoticed or unappreciated.

@b4ucuhear I was working today, what joy I have had to read your letter. Yes, Jehovah is my Stronghold! I grew up in the Truth, my Dad was an Elder, Congregation Servant over 65 years. My Mother worked as a Pioneer while he was in Danbury Prison for not going to the war. She used the phonograph at doors she loved the Truth. Her Father was Anointed and blessed the family greatly. My children, I had four raised in Truth, yet I was not allowed to say much due to abuse issue. I only could show by example. I'm blessed to have my youngest at Bethel, one and Elder, good man, another a MS Servant. My Daughter is a full time Pioneer and her Husband an Elder. I Thank Jehovah everyday I'm alive and can share and help all I can. Do to my injuries right now; handicapped, I hope to lift this from my cellular memory. These are wonderful scriptures I try to live by. At 6 years old I gave my first talk. So I love to teach, I do this about Jehovah as much as I can. I am an artist so enjoy using scriptures to encourage others. (A picture is worth a thousand words?) I also teach health and have given lectures over 40 years. The School is another Blessing from Jehovah. Thank you for keeping me happy and giving me more joy in my work. Jehovah has Blessed you also keep up the good works. I will leave you with some of my favorite scriptures I try to focus on and "the joy of Jehovah" continues with me.

8 "For if we live, we live to Jehovah,
and if we die, we die to Jehovah.
So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah." (Romans 14:8)

8 ..."or the one who encourages,
 let him give encouragement;"
9 "Let your love be without hypocrisy."
Abhor what is wicked; cling to what is good."
10 "In brotherly love have tender affection for one another. In showing honor to one another, take the lead."
11 "Be industrious, not lazy."
Be aglow with the spirit.
Slave for Jehovah."
12 "Rejoice in the hope. Endure under tribulation. Persevere in prayer."
13 "Share with the holy ones according   to their needs.
Follow the course of hospitality."(I'm Greek!?)
 14 "Keep on blessing those who persecute; bless and do not curse."
15 "Rejoice with those who rejoice; weep with those who weep."
16 "Have the same attitude toward others as toward yourselves; do not set your mind on lofty things, but be led along with the lowly things.
Do not become wise in your own eyes."
17 "Return evil for evil to no one.
Take into consideration what is fine from the viewpoint of all men."
 18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men."
19 "Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but yield place to the wrath; for it is written: “‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay,’ says Jehovah.”
 20 "But “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by doing this you will heap fiery coals on his head.”
 21 "Do not let yourself be conquered by the evil, but keep conquering the evil with the good." ( Romans 12:8-21). 

May Jehovah continue also to give you joy and peace my Brother.                Agape, Bible Speaks ???

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.