The World News Media

LEGAL DEVELOPMENTS | Appellate Court Rules to Keep Dennis Christensen in Pretrial Detention

The Librarian

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

carry on about there being a true religion and an end of this system of things.

If WT and members prefer more to be called as "only true religion" and proves that with methods that are only suits them (self-rightful and self-justified methods), instead of charity works which are done by other people, groups or organizations whose methods and tries to help, according to WT and your quote are of no value. 

Because according  your terminology is just vain attempt to "fix" what is not fixable. Then please think about that how in this minutes when we, you and i speaking in the wind, doing nothing, some other people, who are not JW members, feeding hungry babies, giving water to thirsty people, giving education to children in some forgotten country, curing illness and helping  patients to endure the pain ..... and that all is just meaningless work???

Your recommendation and counsel is not to do that kind of "fixing" but -- if you see your brother that is hungry, tell him, go brother and feed yourself ...but  i will give you internet address of JWorg and you will be spiritually satiated :)))))  This is not USA or Croatian way of "humor", this is biblical way, ahaha.        

• Views 1.3k
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you understand this, and I presume you do because they are your words, then ...get to it! Whatever cause YOU choose to live or die for.... again....get to it! Leave Dennis Christiansen

If I understand this correctly, then the new truth you have arrived at is that the world is salvageable and we should all work to fix it, rather than carry on about there being a true religion and an

Man!   I think you're talking to yourself here because I for one do not understand your logic. You have obviously suffered some kind of trauma along the line and you have my sympathy for that. Bu

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

If WT and members prefer more to be called as "only true religion" and proves that with methods that are only suits them (self-rightful and self-justified methods), instead of charity works which are done by other people, groups or organizations whose methods and tries to help, according to WT and your quote are of no value. 

Because according  your terminology is just vain attempt to "fix" what is not fixable. Then please think about that how in this minutes when we, you and i speaking in the wind, doing nothing, some other people, who are not JW members, feeding hungry babies, giving water to thirsty people, giving education to children in some forgotten country, curing illness and helping  patients to endure the pain ..... and that all is just meaningless work???

Your recommendation and counsel is not to do that kind of "fixing" but -- if you see your brother that is hungry, tell him, go brother and feed yourself ...but  i will give you internet address of JWorg and you will be spiritually satiated :)))))  This is not USA or Croatian way of "humor", this is biblical way, ahaha.

Man!   I think you're talking to yourself here because I for one do not understand your logic. You have obviously suffered some kind of trauma along the line and you have my sympathy for that.

But... this is not a language thing so don't resort to that as an excuse. This a logic thing. I would like to understand you. Please give a little more thought to what you are trying to express. You will have my attention if you take the time to make sense.  :)

47 minutes ago, Gone Fishing said:

little more thought to what you are trying to express.

hehe, ok, but do you not understand nothing or some parts? What logic is not understandable ?  Perhaps one part of problem is sentence grammar logic in my language that is not same in english. Thanks for your try :)

17 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

.... and your newfound friend @James Thomas Rook Jr. has even rebuked us for that, (in a thread that was before you came around) saying a real man should always be armed.

What I said  (paraphrased) was that a man has the RESPONSIBILITY to provide for himself, and his family, and those he can  ... and that includes food, clothing, shelter, medical care, education both temporal and spiritual, and DEFENSE of those same people.

An incompetent defense IS NOT A DEFENSE.

Before you can be a Theocratic Man, you must FIRST be a Man.

GROWACET  600 B .jpg

Conservative-breakfast.jpg

16807347_1451673844895889_8042923402002163465_n.jpg

Do not be caught up in the mass hysteria of the un-examined liberal mind, who project their fears on you ... and blame you for resisting their insanity.

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Before you can be a Theocratic Man, you must FIRST be a Man.

I'm not sure exactly what you posted or if it means that I owe you an apology, but if it does, then I do. It was the other fellow I was speaking to mostly - I just brought you in for the purpose of background serenade.

7 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I'm not sure exactly what you posted or if it means that I owe you an apology, but if it does, then I do. It was the other fellow I was speaking to mostly - I just brought you in for the purpose of background serenade.

In Salem, Massachusetts, they once burned women alive at the stake, and hung them by the neck until dead ... not because they were guilty of witchcraft, but because it was a Saturday night, she owned a black cat,  and they were bored, and had nothing better to do.

Hey ... THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT!

.... a background serenade of mass hysteria to an otherwise well spent life.

From Wikipedia:

" The Salem witch trials were a series of hearings and prosecutions of people accused of witchcraft in colonial Massachusetts between February 1692 and May 1693. The trials resulted in the executions of twenty people, fourteen of them women, and all but one by hanging. Five others (including two infant children) died in prison.

Twelve other women had previously been executed in Massachusetts and Connecticut during the 17th century. Despite being generally known as the Salem Witch Trials, the preliminary hearings in 1692 were conducted in several towns: Salem Village (now Danvers), Salem Town, Ipswich, and Andover. The most infamous trials were conducted by the Court of Oyer and Terminer in 1692 in Salem Town.

The episode is one of Colonial America's most notorious cases of mass hysteria. It has been used in political rhetoric and popular literature as a vivid cautionary tale about the dangers of isolationism, religious extremism, false accusations, and lapses in due process.[1] It was not unique, but a Colonial American example of the much broader phenomenon of witch trials in the early modern period, which took place also in Europe. Many historians consider the lasting effects of the trials to have been highly influential in subsequent United States history. According to historian George Lincoln Burr, "the Salem witchcraft was the rock on which the theocracy shattered."[2]

At the 300th anniversary events in 1992 to commemorate the victims of the trials, a park was dedicated in Salem and a memorial in Danvers. In November 2001, the Massachusetts legislature passed an act exonerating all of those convicted and listing them by name, including some persons left out of earlier actions. In January 2016, the University of Virginia announced its Gallows Hill Project team had determined the execution site in Salem, where the nineteen "witches" had been hanged. The city owns the site and is planning a memorial to the victims.[3]""

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................Appellate Court Rules to Keep Dennis Christensen in Pretrial Detention?                                                                                                   Of course!

... merely the same old serenade where the second verse, is same as the first.