Jack Ryan

What were Jehovah's Witnesses Trying to Say With This Illustration?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Jack Ryan -
James Thomas Rook Jr. -

Top Posters

It appeared in the widely used book: You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth -1982

45nfif3aj0d11.jpg

Were they saying she was a "hussy" back then because she was showing "knee"?

If she was wearing a suit of armor, it doesn't matter. What matters is what are the thoughts of the husband with LUSTFUL THOUGHTS, that is the meaning of the illustration. Not what the woman is wearing. Went right over some of your heads, did it again? Just like the Pharisees! My, my ,my!

2 minutes ago, John Houston said:

If she was wearing a suit of armor, it doesn't matter. What matters is what are the thoughts of the husband with LUSTFUL THOUGHTS, that is the meaning of the illustration. Not what the woman is wearing. Went right over some of your heads, did it again? Just like the Pharisees! My, my ,my!

By dressing attractively she is encouraging men to have lustful thoughts. Which is why there is encouragement to dress modestly.

That is why in our Congregation, when we all go to the beach once a year for a two week mini-assembly camping trip, when the Sisters swim in the ocean, they all wear canvas tents.

Some Brothers do get overly excited when the gals ankles show.

We have to throw buckets of sea water on them ... including the buckets.

@James Thomas Rook Jr. You forgot the ice, succession rate is always 100%.

@Jack Ryan It is not always of how one dress, for even a woman who dresses 100% in total modesty, eyes seem to be looking in her direction no matter way. But there are some men out there with fleshly desires and ill intent, some to the point of brazen conduct. In some cases, there are men out there who want to see your mate/wife, if it comes to that, which results in some cases where a husband and or boyfriend of said girl is overly protective, and the one seeking to take his woman will do the most absurd things and even bad things.

In a way, it can go from minor to silly to absurd to violent, sometimes all the same fruit from the tree if it comes to it. At the end of the day, it always comes down to the type of person the man is, if he is lusting over other women, even women who are the mate of other men, and regardless if the women is dressed modestly, and in today's society, some women tend to also not dress modestly, they will and always will catch some eyes, mainly if said women looks like she is beyond the league of the man.

On the other side of the spectrum, you have women, who are not modestly dress, who do this stuff on purpose to attract someone, mainly one who is already married and clearly someone who is weak in his relationship will get caught in this trap.

The worse thing that could happen besides an angry spouse is getting slapped into next week, perhaps into next month... Or hope that your spouse does not know how to throw a punch or two at you for having such obvious lust for other women because the pants in the relationship will most likely change.

• Similar Content

• By Jack Ryan
      From page 154 of : "You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth."

From page 154 of :
      "You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth."
      After drawing attention to the many things that have marked the period from 1914 onward, Jesus said: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things [including the end of this system] occur." (Matthew 24:34, 14) Which generation did Jesus mean? He meant the generation of people who were living in 1914. Those persons yet remaining of that generation are now very old. However, some of them will still be alive to see the end of this wicked system. So of this we can be certain: Shortly now there will be a sudden end to all wickedness and wicked people at Armageddon.
      (a) Which generation did Jesus indicate would see the end of this system of things? (b) So of what can we be certain?
      ARMAGEDDON
      Some of the generation living in 1914 will see the end of the system of things and survive it
    • By Micah Ong
      You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth. This was released when I was a teenage boy, and I fondly remember the picture on page 93. The woman was so beautiful that I could clearly understand the temptation that the angels must have felt whilst looking down upon the earth. What I did not know at the time was that this woman was a real person, Pascale Petit, who appeared in Playboy November 1963 and some raunchy movies, such as the European sex comedy Frau Wirtin hat auch einen Grafen. The inclusion of this picture in the Live Forever book was a potential copyright infringement, as the image of Pascale Petit was taken directly from the cover of the 13th August 1961 German magazine Stern.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.       In the article "Winning the Battle for Your Mind," Watchtower 2017 July page 28 includes a quote regarding propaganda:
      What has been cut out and replaced by ellipses (...)?
      Watchtower's misuse of ellipses is very important when considered in light of the Watchtower article, which says to trust a single source of information, follow the organisation regardless of how imperfect and dismiss alternative information regardless of how plausible.
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Shorn
    Newest Member
    Shorn

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.