The World News Media

Friday, 25, Jan. 2019 - photo & text for today

Queen Esther

50833838_2387239481350858_186268385120616448_n  --.jpg

Friday, January 25. 2019

Guard against every sort of greed.—Luke 12:15.

Many today are obsessed with the latest fashions, electronic gadgets, and so forth. Therefore, each Christian regularly needs to examine his own desires by asking himself such questions as: ‘Have material things become so important to me that I spend more time researching and thinking about the latest cars or fashions than I do preparing for congregation meetings? Have I become so preoccupied with the everyday affairs of life that I spend less time praying or reading the Bible?’ If we realize that our love for material things is eclipsing our love for the Christ, we should reflect on Jesus’ words found in today’s text. Jesus stated that “no one can slave for two masters.” He added: “You cannot slave for God and for Riches.” That is because both “masters” require exclusive devotion. (Matt. 6:24) As imperfect people, all of us need to keep up our fight against “the desires of our flesh,” including materialism.—Eph. 2:3. w17.05 25-26 ¶15-16

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/dt/r1/lp-e/2019/1/25

• Views 229
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Preparing for meetings is preparing spiritual food for sharing at meetings. It entails studying the Bible and getting the sense of it so you can comment and share.

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Queen Esther said:

50833838_2387239481350858_186268385120616448_n  --.jpg

Friday, January 25. 2019

Guard against every sort of greed.—Luke 12:15.

Many today are obsessed with the latest fashions, electronic gadgets, and so forth. Therefore, each Christian regularly needs to examine his own desires by asking himself such questions as: ‘Have material things become so important to me that I spend more time researching and thinking about the latest cars or fashions than I do preparing for congregation meetings? Have I become so preoccupied with the everyday affairs of life that I spend less time praying or reading the Bible?’ If we realize that our love for material things is eclipsing our love for the Christ, we should reflect on Jesus’ words found in today’s text. Jesus stated that “no one can slave for two masters.” He added: “You cannot slave for God and for Riches.” That is because both “masters” require exclusive devotion. (Matt. 6:24) As imperfect people, all of us need to keep up our fight against “the desires of our flesh,” including materialism.—Eph. 2:3. w17.05 25-26 ¶15-16

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/dt/r1/lp-e/2019/1/25

Even in this topic the Organisation is put first. Read it through.

Firstly it says ".... than I do preparing for congregation meetings?

Then is says AFTERWARD, "...... that I spend less time praying or reading the Bible?’

See how it puts congregation meetings before prayer and the Bible. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.