The World News Media

Not that I care, but the argument "I have to wear a beard for medical reasons" always reminded me of the case when Moses was delaying

xero

On 6/11/2021 at 10:04 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

I get it that some people dislike reading, and I have no issue with it.

But usually such ones are modest enough to know that lack impedes their ability to take a lead role in a debate forum.

So you disagree with the scripture I quoted then ?

And I disagree with your second sentance when the debate is or should be Bible based. 

The Apostles didn't even have the bible / full scriptures, although they had something much better as they were inspired by God's Holy Spirit.

But I cannot quite figure out how you or other JWs can be 'no part of the world' when you and others rely so much upon the writings of 'worldly' people. The words in books, other than the Bible, are just people's opinions or a person's version of 'the facts'. If you are so easily swayed by the opinions of this 'world' then you cannot be 'no part of this world'. Why ? Because those worldly opinions have an affect on your life which causes you to think or act in harmony with them instead of in harmony wtih God's word and Jesus' direction. 

• Views 3.2k
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reason there is so little common sense, is simply that common sense is not that common. Ever bit a bee?

Veeeeerrrry Simple: 1.) Jehovah God made men with beards.   ..... that's it .... no secondary points needed.          

And you should have seen the control-freak jerks when I tried to give a talk without pants! “It is remarkable, that persons who speculate the most boldly often conform with the most perfect quiet

22 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

So you disagree with the scripture I quoted then ?

And I disagree with your second sentance when the debate is or should be Bible based. 

The Apostles didn't even have the bible / full scriptures, although they had something much better as they were inspired by God's Holy Spirit.

But I cannot quite figure out how you or other JWs can be 'no part of the world' when you and others rely so much upon the writings of 'worldly' people. The words in books, other than the Bible, are just people's opinions or a person's version of 'the facts'. If you are so easily swayed by the opinions of this 'world' then you cannot be 'no part of this world'. Why ? Because those worldly opinions have an affect on your life which causes you to think or act in harmony with them instead of in harmony wtih God's word and Jesus' direction. 

You need to go back and do some serious reading w/regard especially to the Christian Greek Scriptures and the scholarship relative to their authenticity. Even skimming "Evidence that Demands a Verdict" would improve your understanding that what's in the scriptures and most importantly the Christian Greek Scriptures is better attested to than many historical accounts w/which no serious historian has difficulties with.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.