The World News Media

What is your favorite scripture or passage.

Matthew9969

I know we all love the bible as a whole, but do you have a some scriptures or passages that stick to you the most? I have 2:

Psalm 19[a]

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
3 They have no speech, they use no words;
    no sound is heard from them.
4 Yet their voice[b] goes out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
5     It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
    like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
6 It rises at one end of the heavens
    and makes its circuit to the other;
    nothing is deprived of its warmth.

7 The law of the Lord is perfect,
    refreshing the soul.
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy,
    making wise the simple.
8 The precepts of the Lord are right,
    giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant,
    giving light to the eyes.
9 The fear of the Lord is pure,
    enduring forever.
The decrees of the Lord are firm,
    and all of them are righteous.

10 They are more precious than gold,
    than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
    than honey from the honeycomb.
11 By them your servant is warned;
    in keeping them there is great reward.
12 But who can discern their own errors?
    Forgive my hidden faults.
13 Keep your servant also from willful sins;
    may they not rule over me.
Then I will be blameless,
    innocent of great transgression.

14 May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart
    be pleasing in your sight,
    Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Acts 5

34 But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law, who was honored by all the people, stood up in the Sanhedrin and ordered that the men be put outside for a little while. 

35 Then he addressed the Sanhedrin: “Men of Israel, consider carefully what you intend to do to these men. 

36 Some time ago Theudas appeared, claiming to be somebody, and about four hundred men rallied to him. He was killed, all his followers were dispersed, and it all came to nothing. 

37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered. 

38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 

39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.” 

• Views 481
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know we all love the bible as a whole, but do you have a some scriptures or passages that stick to you the most? I have 2: Psalm 19[a] For the director of music. A psalm of David. 1 T

Ecclesiastes 12:12 ” To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is worrisome to the soul …. “. and: Ebedeah 14:26 ” … and at the end of all things, you will

Romans 8: 39,39  

Ecclesiastes 12:12

” To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is worrisome to the soul …. “. and:

Ebedeah 14:26

” … and at the end of all things, you will hear the music of many instruments, and a swine will break through the wall and will call out with a loud voice saying, “Ebedeah! Ebedeah! Ebedeah! … That’s All Folks!” “.

3 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Ecclesiastes 12:12

” To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is worrisome to the soul …. “. and:

Ebedeah 14:26

” … and at the end of all things, you will hear the music of many instruments, and a swine will break through the wall and will call out with a loud voice saying, “Ebedeah! Ebedeah! Ebedeah! … That’s All Folks!” “.

You didn't take a left in Albuquerque! There for you didn't read the wise words of that pesky little wabbit.

Zechariah 8:23 

Berean Study Bible
This is what the LORD of Hosts says: “In those days ten men from the nations of every tongue will tightly grasp the robe of a Jew, saying, ‘Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.’ ”

Acts 2:17 &18 

Berean Study Bible
‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out My Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on My menservants and maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.'

And that is why I am Patiently waiting for Truth. Have a good day. 

1 John 4:1 - Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Because all man can claim they are of God, have faith, and would say they speak truth, for there are men who actually do show these things, but at the same time, there are men who are the complete opposite.

This is one of the reasons I am extremely Anti-Agenda, not of the Paradigm, and not a fan of the MSM, as is those who attest to falsehood when it can easily land them directly in front of the White Throne.

That being said, in regards to the verse, it is not only about having a favorite verse or quoting it, but understanding the context behind it.

Apostle John had a reason to state this, encouraging Christians to always test the spirit, an expression to see/discern if someone, even themselves originate with the Most High, moreover, John also attest to the fact God's inspiration came through also from the Christian Church Congregation itself. This also equates to being and or encouraged to be Berean-Like, as a Christian.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.