The World News Media

Is the Watchtower a mega-church?

Matthew9969

I thought I'd introduce a topic to hopefully end the endless diatribe of other post.

Supposedly over 8 million members, a single source of leadership, using worldly means of communication, having full control of worship services, etc. 

Mega churches are cess pools of bad teaching...

• Views 846
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought I'd introduce a topic to hopefully end the endless diatribe of other post. Supposedly over 8 million members, a single source of leadership, using worldly means of communication, having

Usually mega-churches are considered to be those where you pack 2000 or so people into a room every Sunday. Like the crystal Cathedral in California which I believe actually went out of business and w

Posted Images

Usually mega-churches are considered to be those where you pack 2000 or so people into a room every Sunday. Like the crystal Cathedral in California which I believe actually went out of business and was sold to someone else, and allthough the Witnesses do have large assemblies and conventions, usually the mega church refers to the building they meet in weekly.

The problem with all churches is as soon as they start collecting real estate they assume a patina of corruption.

To protect their money and real estate .

My observations have concluded that there are no exceptions.

I would suspect this is why Jesus never even had his own “headquarters” to live in. 

All that being said, I personally would not consider JWs to be a “Mega Church”.

Why confused @Pudgy ?    Membership is counted on Report slips put in, and parents put in Report slips for children of 5 years old upward, or possibly younger.  Some families have 5 children, so including two adults that is 7 report slips per family.  That is how the numbers are made up. Adults leave the Org so they now have to count all the children to pretend that numbers haven't decreased. 

And Children of 5 or 6 are being baptised into the JW org now. Even though they say they 'don't do child baptism'. 

Is Peter Carroll (PC) some pseudonym for “Politically Correct”?

Just because YOU have not seen some events happen does not mean that the rest of the people in that vast Arena of Life have not.

Truely, infinite variety.

For those who have been paying attention, and whose thinking doesn’t have “agenda blindness”, what PwfT said is general knowledge.

I have read in the publications how 8 year olds have been baptized, but memory is all I have to offer.

About 9 years or so ago this was discussed at great length here on the Archive.  

Here is an example: This is a security cam picture of my front yard taken in the dark, with infrared light. If you were standing next to the camera with your eyes wide open, you would not see this.

D2A01235-12BD-4FD8-A632-625B7DBA859D.jpeg

4 hours ago, Peter Carroll said:

Membership is counted on Report slips put in, and parents put in Report slips for children of 5 years old upward, or possibly younger.  Some families have 5 children, so including two adults that is 7 report slips per family.  That is how the numbers are made up. Adults leave the Org so they now have to count all the children to pretend that numbers haven't decreased. 

there is no evidence provided in the post.nothing to back up the post ,,more false claims by the ignorant

My Carroll you are a funny man, sad but funny. 

On 5/25/2022 at 11:26 PM, Peter Carroll said:

your hopes are in vain ,having to ask the question reveals to level of your stupidity .but carry on, if only for for our entertainment

Since you didn't answer the question, I'm guessing your just too embarrassed to say you belong to a mega  church. At least I didn't ask if the jw's are a cult.

12 hours ago, Peter Carroll said:

Membership is counted on Report slips put in, and parents put in Report slips for children of 5 years old upward, or possibly younger.  Some families have 5 children, so including two adults that is 7 report slips per family.  That is how the numbers are made up. Adults leave the Org so they now have to count all the children to pretend that numbers haven't decreased. 

there is no evidence provided in the post.nothing to back up the post ,,more false claims by the ignorant

I didn't make a claim Mr. Quill.

On 5/30/2022 at 11:01 PM, Peter Carroll said:

twisting word again ,thanks for clarify your ignorane on the matter..once again ,this mega organization is just going to grow and grow ,and did i say grow ,,a sign of  its success is as you partly said,it  is "mega" yes Mega

Yeah keep piping out those babies.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.