The World News Media

LETTER TO THE CONGREGATION

Witness

32 minutes ago, Witness said:

Now Allen, do you really believe that a 20-25 year-old “elder” of the Wt. has been given the ability to spiritually anoint someone?

Think about it, Kate. Who does the anointing?

Acts 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, because God was with him.

2Cor. 1:21 And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us.

Heb. 1:9     You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness, therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”

1John 2:20 But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge.

Your confusing Jesus commission vs anointed. GOD anoints. How old was Timothy when he was commissioned by Paul? Who anointed Paul since Christ was not around when he received his commission? Yes! Jesus spoke to Paul, but Paul was not part of the original apostles to be physically commissioned by Jesus.

You have no claim to your interpretation since it's being misapplied. 

God can "anoint" anyone he wishes to be in his service. The condition for us now is we don't need to be physically commissioned by Christ in order to receive the calling of anointed or be anointed by God's Holy Spirit. The same kind of confusion you have with the Body of Christ.

• Views 2.4k
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is at peace, relieved that she is no longer held captive to "empty philosophy".  (Col 2:8; Rev 13:10).  "...if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed" John 8:36 She doesn't plan

Did Jesus tell his disciples to remain in Jerusalem?  He told them that their “house is left to you desolate”; meaning God’s spirit no longer blessed them. (Matt 23:38) He warned his dis

It's okay, I'm pretty sure God will overlook it.  🙂

Posted Images

@WitnessConfectionProgram Now, you speak about Mary Magdalene washing Jesus feet. The tone for "anointed" here is different. It has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit but rather, a blessing.

Mark 16:1 ¶ When the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and iSalome bought spices, so that they might go and anoint him.

Luke 7:46 You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment.

Verb anoint - /ənˈɔɪnt/ 1 To administer an oil or ointment to, often in a religious ceremony of blessing.

"Everyone who practices sin is also practicing lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness.  You know, too, that he was made manifest to take away our sins, and there is no sin in him.  Everyone remaining in union with him does not practice sin; no one who practices sin has either seen him or come to know him.  Little children, let no one mislead you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as that one is righteous.  The one who practices sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, to break up the works of the Devil."

Jesus is coming. He will break up the works of all those who practice lawlessness.

@Witness, @Moise, if you do not repent you will still find out eventually. Jehovah is not to be mocked. Jehovah's name will be exalted, and Jehovah will be praised. I do not have anything more to say to you on this topic at present.

To those with an ear: "Do not be surprised, brothers, that the world hates you.  We know that we have passed over from death to life, because we love the brothers. The one who does not love remains in death.  Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has everlasting life remaining in him.  By this we have come to know love, because that one surrendered his life for us, and we are under obligation to surrender our lives for our brothers."

Someone is not "disfellowshipped" from being a brother just because a committee of men labels them as disfellowshipped. Someone is not "disfellowshipped" from being a brother just because they have the label of elder. All men are made in God's image and we are under obligation to show love if we are truly children of God.

"Indeed, this is his commandment: that we have faith in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he gave us a commandment.  Moreover, the one who observes his commandments remains in union with him, and he in union with such one. And by the spirit that he gave us, we know that he remains in union with us."

Jesus washed Judas' feet even after Judas sinned.

Follow the Christ.

Jesus' name means "Jehovah is Salvation." Praise Jehovah.

1 minute ago, Audrey Kennedy-Tripp said:

@Moise, if you do not repent you will still find out eventually. Jehovah is not to be mocked. Jehovah's name will be exalted, and Jehovah will be praised. I do not have anything more to say to you on this topic at present.

You first. This poster has self-condmned itself, far worse. Yet, you MOCK God by using his name in vain. Not only is that mocking God, but showing disrespect, and insulting him.

Matt. 7:3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

However, this poster redemption is now in question by its blasphemy.

5 hours ago, Audrey Kennedy-Tripp said:

Who was Paul, an elder, talking to here? Other elders who were appointed to act as shepherds over other anointed ones.

"Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has appointed you as overseers, to shepherd the church of God, which he purchased with his own blood”.  Acts 20:28

All the positions of “overseers”, “bishops”, “elders”, "shepherd's" were filled by the anointed priests.  Otherwise, “Gentiles” would be standing in the holy place, standing in a rulership position where they don't belong – the Temple of God – teaching the anointed, ruling over them, and judging them; (Mark 13:14) when these various roles were appointed by God, solely to the priests. Otherwise, this would be the act of lawlessness against the arrangement of the spiritual Temple.  (2Thess 2:2,3)

They are all shepherds, told to feed the sheep in the capacity appointed them through the anointing, and as individual members of the anointed Body.  This is the role of a priest.  (Mal 2:7; Matt 28:20; 1 Pet 2:5,9; John 21:17)

5 hours ago, Audrey Kennedy-Tripp said:

Jehovah is the One who is the Creator. He assigns what part of the "body" a person is. If He assigns elders that are not anointed, who cares? 

Who cares? 

It’s pretty clear that you don’t care.  But God does. Only anointed compromise the body of Christ - the Temple of God.  (John 2:19-21; 1 Cor 3:16)

He appoints “different ministries”, “different activities” within this anointed Body. The 'house" is built by Him. 

"Built on the foundation of the apostles and Prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the cornerstone. In him the whole building, being put together, And him you are also being built together for God's dwelling in Spirit.". Eph 2:20-22

Why the diverse positions among the priests?  Because God wants all to benefit fully from the Truth in Jesus Christ.  These gifts are given to a symbolic number of anointed, to not only prepare each other for the coming Kingdom, but to prepare all believers to be ready for the return of Christ.

1 Cor chapter 12. Romans chapter 11; Ephesians chapter 4; chapter 2

It is men who decide that God’s way is not the best way.  They have taken God’s assigned anointed positions and reassigned them to those not anointed - to “Gentiles”.  In the apostles’ day, this wasn’t allowed.   The spiritual Temple that Jesus is Head of, was considered sacred.   

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.”
   Isa 55:8,9

The thing is, I don’t believe you are anointed of "Israel" at all.  But since you show such courage to throw God’s spiritual Temple back in His face, mocking His arrangement of the anointed priesthood, mocking Jesus Christ who is Head of this Temple priesthood, I suggest you be prepared to meet your God.  

For any anointed and JW as well – elder or no elder,  please, please “get out of her”, out of the organization, before it’s too late.  Rev 18:4-8

“I overthrew some of you
as I overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah,
and you were like a burning stick
snatched from a fire,
yet you did not return to me—
This is the Lord’s declaration.

12 Therefore, Israel, that is what I will do to you,
and since I will do that to you,
Israel, prepare to meet your God!
13 He is here:
the one who forms the mountains,
creates the wind,
and reveals his thoughts to man,
the one who makes the dawn out of darkness
and strides on the heights of the earth.
The Lord, the God of Armies, is his name.”  Amos 4:11-13

33 minutes ago, Witness said:

All the positions of “overseers”, “bishops”, “elders”, "shepherd's" were filled by the anointed priests.  Otherwise, “Gentiles” would be standing in the holy place, standing in a rulership position where they don't belong – the Temple of God – teaching the anointed, ruling over them

Once again, how do you justify this position? Wasn't Paul born a Jew, but held ROMAN citizenship?? Wasn't Paul anointed to continue the works of Christ to the gentiles? Didn't then Paul commission others to follow in his service of preaching?

That relates to the apostles. Which scripture are you reading?

Now how about this gem. How do you justify your erroneous view? 

Luke 10:1 ¶ After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to go.
Luke 10:2 zAnd he said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore, pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.
Luke 10:3 Go your way; behold, I am sending you out as lambs in the midst of wolves.

All those that were appointed also received God's Holy Spirit. NONE of whom held a prior position in any religious school or synagogue as an overseer, bishop, elder, or shepherd, priest, or high priest.

Yet, by either a commission, or by appointment, they became all of the above, just like Paul's commission continued to go forward without the aid of Christ.

Therefore, God appoints his representatives today by the Holy Spirit as he has done all along. Don't confuse the OT with the NT.

A response to the Letter To The Congregation:

Dear Sister Xxxxxx,

I am so sorry that you have been going through a time of crisis and we weren't there for you. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to be there for you when you needed a shoulder to cry on or hand to pull you up or an ear to listen or a friend to share the pain of your heart. I am sorry I wasn't there for you, but I can't change that, the only thing I can do is be here for you now. I know Jehovah heard all of your tears. I know Jesus was right there with you. You were not alone.

You are so right to be looking to Jesus for the answers. What do you see when you look at him?

He loves you. He does. He died for you. He hasn't left you.

Jesus also loves all the little ones. He sees everything. He knows about the apostasy and all the false teachings. He knows about the errors in Bible translation and the wrong predictions. He foretold that it would happen.

My dear friend, please remember, Jesus never said that the imperfect congregation would be called "the truth". He said it would be a support of the truth, but he also said it would have wolves in it and apostasy. He never said it would be called "the true religion". Not even once.

The truth is in the Bible. The organization is just the fold where the sheep are gathered. Jehovah is the Father. Until the kingdom comes, we will be faced with tribulation, which includes sometimes wolves getting in the fold and teaching bad things. Jesus is the fine shepherd, and he will fix it in time, but if we willingly leave the fold, we are going the wrong way.

Sheep stick together. Sometimes an enemy steals a sheep or a bad false shepherd chases a sheep away, or enemies try to isolate the sheep, or some of the nearby sheep are sick and grumpy, but as far as it depends upon the individual sheep, the sheep should do what it can to stay with the flock. The wicked one tries to confuse the sheep and call them out to the forest to be "alone". The wicked one wants to eat the sheep. Don't listen to him.

Any damage that is done while we are in the sheepfold can be reversed. Any false teaching can be removed. Any fake shepherd can be removed. Jesus promised he would fix things when he gets here. He didn't ask us to do much. But he did ask us to obey him. He is the one who made the congregation arrangement. He told his disciples to meet together, and that's when he blessed them.

Please, dear sister, I know so many bad things are going on in the congregation and it's so very difficult. Your endurance in obeying the Christ when it's difficult proves that the wicked angels could have obeyed under easier circumstances. Your integrity and willingness to submit to a difficult arrangement, namely the present circumstance in the congregation, that submission under duress exalts Jehovah's name, and He will hold you up as an example to angels. Don't give up hope! Your reward will be very, very great. 

"Brothers, take as a pattern of the suffering of evil and the exercising of patience the prophets who spoke in the name of Jehovah.  Look! We consider happy those who have endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome Jehovah gave, that Jehovah is very tender in affection and merciful."

Remember the Lazarus and the rich man parable Jesus taught? Very soon, all the lowly oppressed ones are going to be exalted. Very soon, all those who lord it oppressively over others will be humbled. The congregation will be fixed. Jesus will do this. I know you have faith in him. If he did everything else for us, suffering on the torture stake and dying for us, then certainly he will do what he said and clean the congregation.

Please, dear friend, I beg you, come back to the sheepfold. Jehovah's name is on the congregation. He has not removed it. It is the signal for us to wait here. Jesus' name means "Jehovah is Salvation." If we are to obey Jesus as our head, we must wait where he tells us to. It is not easy, and Jesus said it would be a great struggle to keep faith, but he helps us, just like Jehovah helped him endure the torture stake. I know you can do it, with Jesus' and Jehovah's help.

"I will never leave you and I will never abandon you."

"I am not alone, for the Father is with me."

"Keep following the Lamb wherever he goes."

May you have peace, dear friend, and return to the fold, as close as you can to the fold. That is where the Lamb is. Jehovah's name is there. 

With intense love and affection, your sister and friend, 💖Audrey

13 minutes ago, Audrey Kennedy-Tripp said:

Please, dear sister, I know so many bad things are going on in the congregation and it's so very difficult.

Speak for yourself. Don't speak for the united brotherhood. If you want to feel sorry, feel sorry for yourself and the bad behavior you are displaying here. Then REPENT for your sins. But like I said, your redemption is now in question.

There is time to show sympathy. Cuddling apostasy is not that time.

20 hours ago, Moise Racette said:

Once again, how do you justify this position? Wasn't Paul born a Jew, but held ROMAN citizenship?? Wasn't Paul anointed to continue the works of Christ to the gentiles? Didn't then Paul commission others to follow in his service of preaching

I don’t doubt this at all.  Paul was anointed and sent to the Gentiles.  Native born Jews and Gentiles that were anointed, became spiritual “Israel” under God.  Rom 9:6-8; Eph 2:14-18

Luke 10:1 ¶ After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them on ahead of him, two by two, into every town and place where he himself was about to go.
Luke 10:2 zAnd he said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore, pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.
Luke 10:3 Go your way; behold, I am sending you out as lambs in the midst of wolves.

All those that were appointed also received God's Holy Spirit. NONE of whom held a prior position in any religious school or synagogue as an overseer, bishop, elder, or shepherd, priest, or high priest.

Most definitely.  God doesn’t choose people by their “prior position” in any religions school.

the Lord appointed seventy-two others”

They were personally appointed by Jesus, he chose them.

“You did not choose me, but I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce fruit and that your fruit should remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he will give you.”  John 15:16

“But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his possession, so that you may proclaim the praises of the one who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

The demons submitted to them because of the authority he bestowed upon them.  Their names were written in heaven.  They are part of the anointed Temple of God.  Luke 10:17-20

Therefore, God appoints his representatives today by the Holy Spirit as he has done all along. Don't confuse the OT with the NT.

Yes, they are the anointed.  I know from first-hand experience that Wt. elders are not “appointed” by Holy Spirit.  The term “elder” signifies an older, more mature person, “having seasoned judgment” , which Paul, Peter, the apostles all were. 

@AnnaNana-

"Please, dear friend, I beg you, come back to the sheepfold."

On 2/8/2023 at 8:08 PM, Witness said:

Quote from the letter:  "What saddens me is that every single witness is being deceived – they are not on the narrow road to life but are on the broad road to destruction (Matthew 7:13-23).  In fact, the organisation is slowly and subtly leading each witness further and further away from Jesus and the salvation he promises."

"He loves you. He does. He died for you. He hasn't left you."

On 2/8/2023 at 8:08 PM, Witness said:

"I am not afraid though, I have full confidence that Jesus and his Father will take care of me, not only now but for eternity."

1 hour ago, Witness said:

Most definitely.  God doesn’t choose people by their “prior position” in any religions school.

Then the poster has contradicted itself for years. 

1 hour ago, Witness said:

Yes, they are the anointed.  I know from first-hand experience that Wt. elders are not “appointed” by Holy Spirit.  The term “elder” signifies an older, more mature person, “having seasoned judgment” , which Paul, Peter, the apostles all were. 

For example. There's a difference between being "lead" by God's Holy Spirit and those that become Spiritually appointed to join Christ in heaven. Either way, God makes that determination not you, me nor anyone else.

The dispensation of God's Holy Spirit belongs to God. Therefore, don't dismiss the others that were appointed by Christ to aid in the preaching work to HELP the apostles. Those men were led by God's Holy Spirit as responsible men.

So, your argument is NOT justified against the Eldership, nor will it ever be. If Pearl Doxsey taught you this, she is partly to blame for your confusion and both of you need to reexamine the interpretation that is failing that argument.

Therefore, ELDER can be applied not only to "responsible men" but also by definition, church officers. The definition you are only willing to apply for is of older men. That negates leadership from the OT as well as the NT.

Why would God choose such an arrangement? Think back to EVE. You are scolding God for an arrangement he decided on, just because it doesn't meet your modern day approval.

1Tim. 2:12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.
1Tim. 2:13 for Adam was formed first, then Eve;
1Tim. 2:14 and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.

I would say, who is this human to JUDGE God?

It seems @AnnaNana and @Witness redemption is at question now.

Acts 6:3 Therefore, brothers,2 pick out from among you seven men of good repute, full of the Spirit and of wisdom, whom we will appoint to this duty.

Acts 6:4 But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”

Acts 6:5 And what they said pleased the whole gathering, and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolaus, ta proselyte of Antioch.

Acts 6:6 These they set before the apostles, and they prayed and laid their hands on them.

Acts 6:7 ¶ And the word of God continued to increase, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests became obedient to the faith.