Matthew9969

• Views 1.5k
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found this interesting read....Who are the True Faith Jehovah’s Witnesses? Why did they break away from Bethel? « Beyond the Watchtower (beyondwatchtower.com)

That is an interesting website to check out. I had stumbled upon it once before. Truly, the little sheep are scattered all over the place, as described in Ezekiel 34. Thankfully Jehovah will gather al

Hi, @derek1956, I hope you are well today my brother. I am just curious...heaven knows I am used to getting "the red downarrow" (it's a collector's item, you know) and I understand it from MoiseRacett

Posted Images

That is an interesting website to check out. I had stumbled upon it once before. Truly, the little sheep are scattered all over the place, as described in Ezekiel 34. Thankfully Jehovah will gather all of us together at the appointed time!

Some of the comments on that website are very insightful. Others are rather antiquated false teachings. I noticed on the "We Believe" section a "Chart of Ages" and also the following: "We are now living in the ‘time of the end...Jesus returned and has been invisibly present on earth since the early days of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society," (even though the Bible actually says Jesus has been invisibly present "all the days until the conclusion of the system of things," which means he has been invisibly present since he went back to heaven.)

They have some specific ideas about the literal Jewish nation that are not in harmony with what the scriptures teach. (Generally they seem to adhere to some things that were in the older publications.)

I did like this statement that they do believe: "It is wrong to SHUN or DISFELLOWSHIP brethren with honest different points of view," which makes sense when those "honest different points of view" are on matters of conscience. The entire modern "disfellowshipping process" has been overcomplicated.

Thank you for sharing the link, @Matthew9969! It will take a miracle for Jesus to get all these sheep back together from all the places they've been scattered, and it will take a miracle to remove all the weedy teachings that the Devil has sown. Thankfully, Jesus is a miracle worker!

"Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse."

"The Son of man will send his angels, and they will collect out from his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling and people who practice lawlessness, and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where their weeping and the gnashing of their teeth will be. At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the Kingdom of their Father. Let the one who has ears listen."

(It's almost time for the harvest to begin.)

Hi, @derek1956, I hope you are well today my brother. I am just curious...heaven knows I am used to getting "the red downarrow" (it's a collector's item, you know) and I understand it from MoiseRacette and Boyle and some others, but I'm just curious - do you not want the little sheep to all be gathered back to the fold? I'm not really sure I understand why you were negative, you have the right to be, but I do value your input and I am curious as to your reasoning.

26 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Yeah!

An unexplained down vote is like a chicken in a vacuum.

"The Joke:

"A farmer has some chickens who don't lay any eggs. The farmer calls a physicist to help. The physicist does some calculation and says "I have a solution but it only works for spherical chickens in a vacuum!".

When Sheldon crashed the conference, he said that it was a good joke

Explanation:

When learning physics, to make things easier and clear, objects are usually spheres or squares in a vacuum (this make the problems easier to calculate). As a result, the physicist in the joke says his solution "only works for spherical chickens in a vacuum", making it an inapplicable solution, but funny because it's truly the way you learn physics." (from website bigbangtheory.fandom.com)

I've never had a chicken in a vacuum, thankfully, but I've had some chickens trying to race and it's just as unclear which way they're going to go as a chicken in a vacuum...

IMG_1814.mov

Yeah …

The shepherds of biblical times used to tenderly care for their sheep, because internet blogging had not been invented, and they were bored sitting around the house all day playing with their dradels.

There is an unsubstantiated rumor that from time to time they would cut their fur off, and kill them, and burn them in FIRE, and EAT them!

…. this was before democracies like we have now.

12 minutes ago, boyle said:

Right back at you, with the fake love, lol! 😂

My love for you's not fake, because it comes from Jehovah. 

Jehovah's Love is not fake; it's Real and His Love

"is deeper than the holler

Stronger than the river

Higher than the pine trees growin' tall upon the hill"

Jehovah's Love is "purer than the snowflakes

That fall in late December

And honest as a Robin on a springtime window sill

And longer than the song of a whippoorwill."

Jehovah loves all the little sheep wherever they are, whether they are in the WTBTS or the IBSA or exJWReddit or the beyondwatchtower-place or anywhere else they've landed. He will collect them all at the appointed time. Praise Jehovah.

11 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Yeah …

The shepherds of biblical times used to tenderly care for their sheep, because internet blogging had not been invented, and they were bored sitting around the house all day playing with their dradels.

There is an unsubstantiated rumor that from time to time they would cut their fur off, and kill them, and burn them in FIRE, and EAT them!

…. this was before democracies like we have now.

Guess we're looking for more like the "Abel" type of shepherd then? Pre-meat days...

IMG_7007.jpeg

IMG_7008.jpeg

IMG_7009.jpeg

Before they moved, there used to be a glass cabinet full of “Telly” awards that the Society bought and gave to themselves for excellence in video productions of various sorts. They looked sorta like Oscars, gold and shiny, on a pedestal.

sorta like what Boyle mentioned, above.

Kinda like in ancient Israel when a king would do something good, (like when Jehu got rid of Jezebel and Jehoram) but he still left the golden calf worship going on. Or when judge Gideon freed the people of the oppressive invaders but then setup an ephod that was used for false worship. Or when Solomon had all this wisdom and built the temple but helped his wives do false worship. 

"There is nothing new under the sun."

Jehovah still used those imperfect guys in the past. He didn't approve of the stuff they did wrong, but how's that saying go? "You don't go with the army you want... you go with the army you have."

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.