The World News Media

Genesis 6:21 and pre-flood food?

Many Miles

27 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Pay attention, as there will be a test later involving the nautical term “Keelhaul”.

If you are in charge of provisions on a trans-Atlantic voyage from Ireland to the Americas in an old wooden sailing ship … a trip that could take a month or two … and the Captain says take all kinds of food on board … the decks and cargo holds will be filled with dozens or hundreds of cages with live animals as well as food for them, and great wooden casks of drinking water.

There was no refrigeration back then, so as the trip went along, the animals …. chickens, turtles, sheep, pigs, rabbits, and more would be slaughtered as needed for food.  

Even better than vegetables that start dying when they are separated from the plant.

They were not thought of as cargo, because they were never intended to reach shore.

You could have 532 different live animals on board, CATAGORIZED AS “FOOD”.

I have read they even used to do this on warships. I have seen this in several movies.

The Bible DOES NOT SAY that there was carrion on the Ark, and there is no need to make that up … unless of course you have a runaway imagination and are trying to enhance something you said previously that you realize later makes no sense at all.

Amazing. Terrific! Wonderful insight!

How can you BE so friggin’ smart?

Oh … you read a lot of history?

….. well, ok then …..

• Views 2.7k
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is the most insane conclusion I have read since last week’s Babylon Bee! Although some scripture may be twisted into a pretzel to suggest a Snickers Candy Bar is nature’s most perfect food!

George, I have nowhere suggested that only am I entitled to ask questions. Where or how you came up with this notion is for you to explain. Just above I answered a question of yours. But, in response,

Amazing. Terrific! Wonderful insight! How can you BE so friggin’ smart? Oh … you read a lot of history? ….. well, ok then …..  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

Pay attention, as there will be a test later involving the nautical term “Keelhaul”.

If you are in charge of provisions on a trans-Atlantic voyage from Ireland to the Americas in an old wooden sailing ship … a trip that could take a month or two … and the Captain says take all kinds of food on board … the decks and cargo holds will be filled with dozens or hundreds of cages with live animals as well as food for them, and great wooden casks of drinking water.

There was no refrigeration back then, so as the trip went along, the animals …. chickens, turtles, sheep, pigs, rabbits, and more would be slaughtered as needed for food.  

Even better than vegetables that start dying when they are separated from the plant.

They were not thought of as cargo, because they were never intended to reach shore.

You could have 532 different live animals on board, CATAGORIZED AS “FOOD”.

I have read they even used to do this on warships. I have seen this in several movies.

The Bible DOES NOT SAY that there was carrion on the Ark, and there is no need to make that up … unless of course you have a runaway imagination and are trying to enhance something you said previously that you realize later makes no sense at all.

Strictly from a logical perspective, and using biblical text for premises, a problem occurs with an assertion that some of the animals put onto the ark might be (or were) used as food because, according to biblical text, Noah was instructed to keep alive the animals taken onto the ark. If we accept that at face value, then of the animals Noah was told to preserve alive, he couldn't use them as food. But nothing in this language precludes animal meat that was preserved and stowed as food. This is why my argument on this thread has focused on animal flesh other than that of live animals taken onto the ark "just so". Also, by carrion, I'm not speaking solely of putrefied remains inedible for human consumption and nutrition. That might work for animals like vultures, but not necessarily for humans.

Jehovah to Noah to stock the Ark with food of every sort. If Noah took an outrigger canoe to an island 300 miles away it would be logical to take caged or leashed animals with him. The Pacific Islanders do this, even  making a cooking fire in the boat ( on rocks or sand or dirt I suppose ?)

Jehovah delegated food supplies to Noah’s best judgement.

Does best judgement include partially decayed meat?  No.

How about a nice, fresh chicken?  Yay!

Of course, I have already explained WHY God told Noah to provide over three times  more unclean animals than clean animals.

Noah provided the food at his discretion. JEHOVAH PROVIDED THE DELIVERABLE ANIMALS.

Use your common sense, experience, and reading to decide what is probable, and what is improbable.

Fer cryin out loud …. when is the last time you scraped a flattened sun baked squirrel off the asphalt and took it home and ate it?

9 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Jehovah to Noah to stock the Ark with food of every sort. If Noah took an outrigger canoe to an island 300 miles away it would be logical to take caged or leashed animals with him. The Pacific Islanders do this, even  making a cooking fire in the boat ( on rocks or sand or dirt I suppose ?)

Jehovah delegated food supplies to Noah’s best judgement.

Does best judgement include partially decayed meat?  No.

How about a nice, fresh chicken?  Yay!

Of course, I have already explained WHY God told Noah to provide over three times  more unclean animals than clean animals.

Noah provided the food at his discretion. JEHOVAH PROVIDED THE DELIVERABLE ANIMALS.

Use your common sense, experience, and reading to decide what is probable, and what is improbable.

Fer cryin out loud …. when is the last time you scraped a flattened sun baked squirrel off the asphalt and took it home and ate it?

Since we have biblical text saying creation testifies as God's word (Ps 19:1), and since there is evidence in creation that some animals are predatory by design, then it is scripturally arguable that Noah took some live animals onto the ark as food in addition to the ones he was obligated to preserve alive. I'll leave that argument for you. So long as the argument you put forth is logical in form, and so long as each premise is well-evidenced, you'll see no objection from me.

PS: Among predatory animals, the strongest argument might be based on obligate carnivores.

10 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Don’t fall into the same trap as the WTB&TS does when they change the definitions of words to convince the rubes that they were always right.

3F174C1A-5EC0-4881-9668-051893741352.jpeg

Pudgy, it is absurd that JW leadership claims JWs abstain from blood. JWs gobble up blood products by the drum loads all around the world. According to JW policy, JWs can undergo plasma exchange by accepting transfusion of cryosupernatant plasma. When this exchange is done, more than half the patient's circulating blood has been replaced by someone who donated blood, or at least plasma. A single patient could undergo this treatment daily for weeks. That is a massive about of product taken from the donor blood supply. Like I am with most any subject, I take time to research rather than just trusting someone else to tell me what I'm supposed to believe. Everyone should subject their views, and what they are taught, to critical analysis to  make sure what they believe and what they are taught is sound.

2 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

I know.

I drew that cartoon.

A8FB8639-D09A-448E-9723-80EC7F493141.jpeg

Well, honestly, though it serves the purpose, that cartoon is a little bit of an understatement. It's not just 13 fractions that are permitted.

There is no part of blood that JWs cannot accept from the donor blood supply so long as it is not classified as "a major component" by JW leadership. That's right. JWs can accept 100 percent of what is donated to the local blood bank, so long as it is sufficiently processed first.

I am a retired Engineer. i chose 13 fractions without labeling them … deliberately.

Opinions vary on how many fractions there are, and even what constitutes a blood fraction.

There is an old saying in Land Surveying, which is 1/3 detective work, 1/3 legal work, and 1/3 complex mathematics…..

”You can declare your work perfect when no one else can prove otherwise.”

5 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

I am a retired Engineer. i chose 13 fractions without labeling them … deliberately.

Opinions vary on how many fractions there are, and even what constitutes a blood fraction.

There is an old saying in Land Surveying, which is 1/3 detective work, 1/3 legal work, and 1/3 complex mathematics…..

”You can declare your work perfect when no one else can prove otherwise.”

Yes. I’m familiar with what you say. Specifications may ask for documents of certification, and if you send a stack of small-print documents an inch thick, it just gets filed away by a bean-counter and that’s the end of it. Your in! It’s bad, but oftentimes that’s how it works. 

6 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

Lol! You may have no idea. Then again, you might. There are fractions of fractions of fractions of… Literally, there is no end until you get to quarks and leptons. On the other hand, the very idea that the Bible supports a position that white cells from blood should be treated as blood is wholly without support in biblical text or in nature. In the natural world it is utterly impossible that, for example, white cells are distinguishable, let alone a “major component” of blood compared to a product like cryosupernatant plasma.  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.