The World News Media

Serving where the need is greater . . . tacos.

JW Insider

• Views 387
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Serving [tacos] where the need is greater. My parents moved our family of 5 from California to Missouri to "serve where the need was greater" in 1964. The first things we missed were the leeks an

Good to know you can remember the ingredients and the methods.  Glad you enjoyed going back to old recipes but please continue with the vegetables and substitute them for some of the cheese, hamburger

So true. I remember my mother baking "Date-Walnut Bread" and there was nothing better than tearing a fistful out of a warm, unsliced loaf -- fresh out of the oven. To recreate this, I have my own reci

Good to know you can remember the ingredients and the methods.  Glad you enjoyed going back to old recipes but please continue with the vegetables and substitute them for some of the cheese, hamburger/mincemeat for their health-giving benefits and because of your age. Don't forget you were young then. I think you said grade and grading respectively in two instances, where I believe you meant grate and grating.

There is nothing like going back to eating foods you partook of when you were young.

All the best!

*** g92 7/8 p. 25 Enjoy a Mexican Taco ***
Made at home, tacos are not so expensive. You can fill a tortilla with just about anything edible: refried beans, cheese, meat, potatoes, rice, pork, chicken, and so forth. They may be very simple or very elaborate, but any way you prepare them, they are satisfying for a light meal.
The Most Popular Tacos

*** g05 7/8 pp. 5-6 Five Keys to Finding a Job ***
Being adaptable may mean overcoming prejudice against certain types of work. Consider Ericka, who lives in Mexico. Trained as an executive secretary, she was initially unable to find the kind of work she preferred. “I learned to accept any suitable work,” she says. “For a while I worked as a sales assistant. I also sold tacos on the street and cleaned houses. Eventually, I was able to find a job in my field of expertise.”

21 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

There is nothing like going back to eating foods you partook of when you were young.

So true. I remember my mother baking "Date-Walnut Bread" and there was nothing better than tearing a fistful out of a warm, unsliced loaf -- fresh out of the oven. To recreate this, I have my own recipe:

First, I buy a container of whole, pitted dates, then I buy a loaf of Walnut Bread from a local bakery. As I begin chewing on a chunk of the bread from one hand, I simultaneously bite off pieces of the date from the other hand and chew them together. If the bakery only sold Date-Walnut Bread instead of just Walnut Bread, I wouldn't have to go through the complex procedure.

Next week, I'll share my secret recipe for Banana Bread

On 1/19/2024 at 10:59 PM, Anna said:

How about banana nut bread? I have a good recipe for that. 

I thought I would need three hands: one for the bread, one for the nuts, and one for the banana. After deliberating on the process for a few days, I chanced upon a ten-step solution:

1. Find a banana, a container of walnuts, and bread, and place ingredients in front of you.
  2. Peel a banana (requires two hands), and set it down. 
  3. Dip hand into a container of walnuts to grab a small handful (other types of nuts may work well, too).
  4. Set them down in a small pile next to the peeled banana.
  5. Grab a slice or handful of your favorite bread and keep in your right hand.
  6. Take a bite of the bread, but don't begin chewing yet.
  7. Take a bite of the banana and set it back down, but don't begin chewing yet. 
  8. Pick a few nuts from the pile and put them in your mouth, too.
  9. Begin chewing.
  10. Continue alternating among new bite-size portions of bread, nuts, and banana until all items are depleted. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.