The World News Media

Kingdom Hall - Poem

The Librarian

Screen Shot 2013-06-15 at 5.48.12 PM.png

No tongue have I, nor mouth, nor lip, a speech I cannot make
But if I could, the things I'd say, would long, long hours take!

For I was born to fill a need, in answer to a callAnd those who brought me forth to live, have named me Kingdom Hall.

So I've a royal name you see, and royal was my birthI'm here for service to a King, I hope I prove my worth!

I want so much to be just right. To suit the need I fillTo aid in service of Kingdom Truth, to people of good will

Oh give me lips and mouth and tongue, and let me tell to all,The reason why I'm standing here, why I'm called a Kingdom Hall

But what's a Kingdom Hall you ask? You mean you haven't heard?Why I'm the place where all may come, and freely learn God's word

No, I'm no church, don't get me wrong, I have no pews or steepleAnd never will collection plates be used to milk the people

The things you'll hear within my walls will not be false traditionYou'll never hear that Hell is hot, for that's a contradiction!

Nor will the pagan idea of God, who's three in oneEver be preached beneath my roof; such doctrines you should shun

But rather, here inside my doors you'll learn things reliableBecause they'll be taken from a truthful source, God's word, the Holy Bible!

You'll learn how Jehovah God intends to rid the earth of all it's woes;Destroy it's sorrow, sin and death; all mankind's deadly foes

Then in their place will blossom forth, a world of truth and loveAn earth where God's will shall be done; just as in heaven above

There'll be no sickness, pain or death, no tear to mar the smileNo one will then bring grief and strife; no Devil will beguile

But those who live in the new system will humbly bow the kneeBefore Jehovah God who reigns in Grand Supremacy

This is part of what you'll hear within these walls of mineBut more than that you'll learn just how to make this light to shine!

And that's the point I want to stress, which may seem rather oddThat I'm not built just as a place in which to worship God

So here it is you'll learn of Jehovah God; to know what is his willTo learn what he requires of you, his laws how to fulfill

To worship God means more than sit and listen to God's wordIt means to act; to serve; to preach, to all who have not heard

Outside my doors, amidst the world, you must hold forth the lightYou must apply what you here learn, to worship God aright

How great my joy I want to shout; My privelege is so rareYou other buildings of the earth, cannot with me compare

If I could speak, I'd raise my voice and make all buildings knowThat my importance excels theirs, for from me truth will flow

So listen, All you structures proud, you giants of steel and stoneYour tops may scrape a scuddling cloud or soar where Eagles have flown

Your cornerstone may have been laid by worldly men of fameBut you can not boast, That you've been made to praise Jehovah's name!!!

Author: Unknown

• 2 weeks later...

• Views 1.7k
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No tongue have I, nor mouth, nor lip, a speech I cannot make But if I could, the things I'd say, would long, long hours take! For I was born to fill a need, in answer to a callAnd those who brought m

FÜR  BLANCHIE

over the years and from time to time when I am at the Kingdom Hall, I use to say "I wish I could spend the night "  It's my home when I am away from home.  :0)❤️

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.